Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Thanks a lot. I suspected that to be honest.
    Plus, scaling doesn't apply to heroics [so the mobs stay level 70], but they still give a LOT of xp. With looms and I think no rested XP I was getting 2k a kill.

i wanted to play a bear for a change , stopped at 28 because too tired of pushing the same 2 buttons for so long

If you level in a grp with healer+tank and/or more, go for dungs from 1-80. Then quest to 110.
    If your solo, focus on questing all the way with the occasional dungeon here and there.

Generally, dungs up to lvl 40 is really easy and totally worth running especially with quests in them, then 40-60 its slightly harder tuned (diremaul north is a dread example) compared to ur gear, then at 60-80 its a mixed bag, stuff doesn't have very much hp but it hits kinda hard, and the difficulty difference between dungs can be really big(ramp is super easy for instance). Id go with leveling in northrend over dungs if i were solo.

Cata dungs are terribly overtuned compared to ur gear, not worth doing even for a 5man leveling grp compared to questing.

Mop dugneons are quite easy but so are leveling, especially with flying, id say levelign wins out here.

Wod goes superfast with flying, get handynotes and loot treasures+bonus objectives for superfast leveling.

As for legion id say Qexp trumps dungeon exp.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I just logged in with my 70 mage and tried blood furnace hc. The first mob hits for 50% of my health. Definitely not even near soloable for most classes. Not sure what would happen at 72 which would trivialize it. Care to share some info?
    You get a massive damage bonus hitting mobs you outleveled, increases each level, while XP decreases much less then before.

TBC heroics are 70, so going there at 72+ will make them much easier each level.

Also applies for going above regular zone scaling cap, quest xp and kill xp doesn't decrease as much as before, quest XP is still good at 1-2 levels above cap imo. (of course it's not 100%, but it's not instantly 25% at hitting cap like before).

Before scaling, you'd hit 70 in TBC, and TBC quest would give 1/4th the XP. etc.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-12 at 09:25 AM.

Dungeon spam bg spam enchant your looms (neck/cloak/ring with wod enchants (better scaling) and weapons either shadowmoon (versatility) or something else.

GG you 1-3 shot most stuff if you play a good spec.

run around and quest do smart stuff pick good zones with lots of quests in them.

But yes they should increase the heirloom xp.

Oh yeah roll monk, I dunno if the 50% xp is additive or multip. but if they could keep heirloom xp at the same xp rates as that it would be perfect. They could even lower the effect by 25% after they fix this.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Dungeon spam bg spam enchant your looms (neck/cloak/ring with wod enchants (better scaling)
    Satyr neck enchant from Legion works great even at low levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Satyr neck enchant from Legion works great even at low levels.
    Myeah, probably does. But i dunno flat stat increase (by a large amount ) is fantastic.

Just hit 60 today in wrathland, whatever the zone I am in is called, I'm tiredshutup..

It just feels like the time for 1 level just tripled. I don't understand Blizzards stance anymore, why the fuck do we even have looms now? I bought them so this shit wouldn't take forever, but here I am /played 1d 3h 48m @ level 60, with 50 more to go. I must admit, I did enjoy the vanilla leveling experience, but as soon as I moved on it became a snooze-fest.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's just for the Heritage Armor - create a Monk.

Use Zen Pilgrimage and do your class daily every day to stack up the xp buff.
    Always port back to the capital to stack rested bonus aswell. If you have more than a level rested bonus just do a random dungeon as healer.
    If you do this with all allied races simultanously you will level up slowly but with almost no efforts.
    You should have stacked 12 hours of the xp buff before leveling in 60+ areas to boost your levelspeed.

Zones I may recommend (Ally):
    Loch Modan, Westfall, Duskwood, Wetlands, Western Plaguelands, Burning Steppes, Borean Tundra, Deepholm
    Zones I wouldn't do again:
    Arathi, Feralas, Stranglethorne (ganking), Redridge (later stages: infiltration missions are quite buggy), Ashenvale, Howling Fjord.

Additionally you may do all other things desscribed in this thread to speed up leveling (e.g. kara trash lvl73+).

i thought the new allied orcs were supposed to be upright? the screenshots on the front page are basically the same as regular orcs just retoned?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There was also the option of being boosted by a friend, but Blizzard nerfed that too. I’m not sure how viable it is now.
    Which was that option? Do you mean boosting dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Which was that option? Do you mean boosting dungeons?
    Yes. Dungeons and raids.

Deleted
    Yes. Dungeons and raids.
    And they nerfed that? How? I leveled a NB priest for the Heritage Armor and did the boosting thing from 60-80 with a guy of my guild; we boosted each other, changing every 5 dungeons. Now you get less experience or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    And they nerfed that? How? I leveled a NB priest for the Heritage Armor and did the boosting thing from 60-80 with a guy of my guild; we boosted each other, changing every 5 dungeons. Now you get less experience or what?
    Less experience when grouped with someone who's out-leveled the content.

Deleted
    Less experience when grouped with someone who's out-leveled the content.
    Really? What a sh*t... I'll get bored while leveling another allied race I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? What a sh*t... I'll get bored while leveling another allied race I guess...
    I recommend having YouTube or something up while you're doing it. I had my screen split between WoW and YouTube so that I could watch videos whilst suffering through leveling. It made it more bearable.

The random dungeon queue needs to use the entire dungeon pool and not just the recommended of your level range, so when I am level 40 it should utilize the fact I could get into ragefire chasm etc. if queue times get to like 5+ minutes. Also, when you get to BC/Wotlk you have to CHOOSE which is super dumb because it leaves your queue with 1-2 dungeons per queue where if they let you queue for both it would at least be 2-4 in the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone says it takes 5 days to reach 100, do they mean that they played 5*24 hours?

They should increase the heirloom bonuses. That way people who enjoy dragging another character through the same zones and the same quests over and over can do it. And those of us who don't enjoy drudgery can skip it. Everybody wins, and nobody has to force other people to play the way they like.

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    They should increase the heirloom bonuses. That way people who enjoy dragging another character through the same zones and the same quests over and over can do it. And those of us who don't enjoy drudgery can skip it. Everybody wins, and nobody has to force other people to play the way they like.
    Why would they do that when they have the $60 purchase option to boost to 100 (110)? Want to skip "the drudgery"? Cough up the $60 for the boost. They have no inclination to increase heirloom experience when they would rather you pay for a boost. Honestly, I wish they would add in belt, boots, and gloves heirlooms with 5-10% experience boost as well. Put them behind a rep grind in BfA where you can buy them by reaching exalted with a BfA faction. But I doubt they would do that.

Barring that, I rather they would sell cheaper boosts for lower level boost, to coincide with expansions. Sell a character boost to get to level 60, 80, 90, 100, and 110. Don't like 1-60? $20 and get to 60. Want to skip up to Cataclysm/Pandaria? $30 gets you to 80. Enjoy Draenor over the others (why I don't know, but there's bound to be someone)? $40 gets you to 90. Want to hop into Legion? $50 gets you to 100. Want to skip all that for BfA content? $60 and there you go.