10+ Year Old Account

Heads Up: Angry Turtle Beach PX24 Review

I ended up retiring my PX22 after having thrown them a few times and discombobulating the speakers so I thought that the PX24s would be a perfect replacement. Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I could not have been more wrong.

Now I do want to say that as far as performance and quality is concerned these are great headphones - awesome volume, crystal clear audio. Reminds me if when I first bought my PX22s.

However, I could have strangled someone with the PX22s adapter and still had enough cord leftover to jump rope with. But with the PX24s adapter I can't even lean back in my chair and relax because of how short the cords are. And that's kind of a fuckin' problem for me.

Here are the problems to expect with the PX24 headset.

I. Normal auxiliary extensions do not work with the 3 notch jack

Just trying to save you the time, money and frustration by pointing this out even though it should be obvious. You are probably going to have to buy some real specific shit that costs $15 if you need it.

Fuck that horseshit.

II. Additionally, you may need to buy a:
    MIC/SPEAKER SPLITTER if you do not have the combo jack
    If you look at a typical aux cord it has 2 notches. If you look at the jack for the PX24 it has 3 notches. This is because the Mic and Speakers have been combined into 1. Someone has been reading up on Blizzard's guide on how to fix shit that isn't broken and really taken it to heart here.

can't tell if blatant money grab or just legit retarded.

Personally, I don't have the patience to wait to have something else shipped because that defeats THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT of visiting a LOCAL RETAILER instead of just ordering off Amazon or newegg. Even if i bought splitters for this to hook it up to the back of my tower the shit would still be in my way because:

III. LENGTH OF THE CORDS

Dude, what is this mickey mouse bullshit with this micro usb cord? Even a phone carrier has the goddamn decency to give you a ~6ft long charge cord. How did someone overseeing production of this headset look at this and think "this is satisfactory" ?

Un-be-fucking-lievable.

I have seen a lot of stupid people do a lot of stupid shit, but if these guys pulled out a 45 and just shot themselves in the foot with it I'd actually have to stop to think about which decision was dumber: metaphorically shooting yourself in the foot by not designing a headset to be flexible enough to work with any setup or literally shooting yourself in the foot because you're a fucking dumbass.

I am pretty sure that a walrus' dick is longer than all the cords that came with this headset combined. The space in which my keyboard/mousepad area covers is about 2.5ft wide. I can't have anything in the way of this space. I don't like that all of these cords have to be hovering either or that I have to sit in my chair hunched over my desk like fucking quasimodo just to use this headset.

My Desktop Tower has 1 SINGLE MIC/SPEAKER Jack and its on top near the front of the case. You might be thinking well hey that is kind of HP's fault isn't it? No. No it is not. If I am in charge of designing gaming headsets and creating the highest quality headset on the market, I want to plan around the possibility that connecting jacks may be in extremely inconvenient places, look at the average size of a computer case and add additional slack to make sure nobody is going to return my fucking headsets and buy some other company's headset.

This is not how you treat repeat business and loyal customers. When you upgrade a make it is supposed to be SUPERIOR in every way. Hell I would even go as far as to claim that the design of the PX22s adapter alone was FAR SUPERIOR to the PX24s. I mean god damn man, how do you even fuck that up?

Turtle Beach has definitely lost my business over this.

Deleted
    I mean cmon, with name like "Turtle beach" what did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    I have an X12 from 6 years ago, still works perfectly fine. Maybe people should take better care of their belongings?

In any case, I don't use it anymore. Replaced it with a Blue Yeti and haven't looked back since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    On their OWN WEBSITE the things have a 3/5 rating... C'mon man, do some research before buying things.
    I definitely will in the future. I mean that's what I did when I bought a keyboard, but the PX22s are the only headset I have ever bought so I expected a pretty fucking simple plug and play experience lol.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    I loved my PX22s and they are the only headset I have ever purchased, never had a single problem with them. Had them for many years and the only complaint I have is the lack of tension onset by wear but was not so bad it caused anything other than very minor discomfort. Like, the looseness was slightly unsettling but it's not like the headset was sliding all over my head and falling off.

So a superior model, not an inferior one.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-03-24 at 02:43 AM.

I thought most people understood that Turtle Beach headsets are nothing more than overpriced hunks of plastic. I’ve owned a few pairs over the years for various reasons (got one as a gift and another one as a trade in replacement for a different headset) and found all of them to be extremely lacking and cheaply made. And I take really good care of my stuff too. They still didn’t last long.

The only way I can see that Turtle Beach hasn’t went out of business yet is because of all the CoD preteens who get fooled by TB’s marketing and think they absolutely need a $200-$300 headset to be an elite, uber pro gamer.