Thread: Driving woes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I've never had an issue with manuals in stop and go, and I've had some with heavy racing style clutches installed in them. Really just minimizing it's use is the best thing to do. It's amazing how slow a manual can go without stalling. Just as reference I live in the NJ/NYC area. I've been in the car for 3-4 hours to go 30 miles down a highway, it's common here in the summer with beach traffic, pretty much every Thursday and Friday night.
    Yeah man I feel ya. I know how to minimize the clutch usage, but damn I feel so much better in my VW than I do the VR4 in heavy traffic. But the VR4 looks better, so there's that.

The traffic you talk about in Jersey sounds pretty similar to traffic in Kuwait, and I drove an STi out there. Fuck that noise.

you should try driving at night. People get even stupider

I cant count how many times some asshole comes up behind me with his brights on and basically causes a lunar eclipse blinding the fuck outta me because the dipshit doesn't know how to turn his brights off when approaching other vehicles.

Also pedestrians dressed all in black that decide to jay walk or suddenly cut out in front of you and hope that you stop in time or swerve (yeah we always see you when your dressed like a fking ninja)

i hate people that dont signal
    i hate people that make full stops at yield signs when nobody is coming (it means YIELD not stop you dipshit)
    i hate people that drive 30 in a 50 zone

I just can't stand people that don't give a shit about the flow of traffic. If it's 5 oclock rush hour and cars are every where keep up the traffic ahead of you otherwise you're just making it worse for everybody behind you. There's no reason there should be a 200 foot gap between you and the car ahead of you while both of the other lanes are going 5-10 mph faster than you.

Also don't hit your damn brakes every 5 seconds for absolutely no reason at all. All you're doing is creating a chain of people hitting their brakes behind you.

The on ramp for the interstate isn't meant for you to get onto the highway at 50 mph. If the highway has a 70 mph speed limit you should be going fast enough to match the speed of traffic when you merge. Nobody should have to slow down for you.

If you pull out in front of somebody, once again, match the speed of traffic and go with the flow. Don't drive at your own leisure and slow down everybody behind you.

Keep. Traffic. Flowing. It's one thing when there's not many people on the road and people can go around you, but it's another when there's cars every where and all you're doing is slowing down an entire lane of traffic behind you.

7+ Year Old Account
    try living in new zealand where road laws are merely "guidelines"

THEN complain :P

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    try living in new zealand where road laws are merely "guidelines"

THEN complain :P
    Eh I live in New Zealand. I think you are confused with India.

Our roads are dangerous because they are windy and not double laned like most countries not because of a lack of rules

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Ironically, considering the position I have to hold my foot on the brake when stopping, not being able to release the brake and just sit kills my leg more than anything.
    I have some condition that makes stretching my legs required. I've used the parking brake on the freeway more than once for that purpose.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Eh I live in New Zealand. I think you are confused with India.

Our roads are dangerous because they are windy and not double laned like most countries not because of a lack of rules
    might just be christchurch and auckland then :P

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    might just be christchurch and auckland then :P
    Havent driven much in CHCH but I have in Auckland. It is a bit wild west but they also make a business of getting speed tickets etc. You break the rules the po po's are gonna get you eventually

10+ Year Old Account
    99% of drivers follow one simple rule: They're the only one that matters. These twats drive me fucking crazy, never thinking about the consequences of what they do and how they will affect other people.

Oh, missed your turn? Sure, make a U-turn in the middle of an intersection on a red light, or pop a u-turn in the middle of the goddamn road like nobody else is there.

Need to get over two lanes of traffic for your exit? Shoulda thought about that 2 miles ago? Nah, don't even bother with a blinker and just bolt over! Nobody will notice, I swear!

Light's yellow and you're more than 200 feet away from the light? Sure, run it! It'll stay yellow just for you! All those other cars coming from the opposite direction just don't know what they're doing!

I fucking hate people on the road so much that I refuse to drive. Nobody cares about anyone else on the road, only themselves, and this is how accidents happen. Or because they're on their fucking cell phones, which is actually ILLEGAL here but nobody enforces it. As a ped I've been hit and almost run over by several people on their phones, one of which I even caught on film while she hit me then frantically drove off. I hope that bitch rots in jail after I showed it to the cops.

The vast majority of drivers seriously need their driving privileges permanently revoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    top end of colombo street in edgeware, chch is a fricken nightmare, surprised no one has ended up under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is what a cunt looks like.
    I assume you do all these things? How hard is it to simply move into the slow lane and let me past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Idiots that treat their bumper like a billboard. Everything from the Punisher and Back the Blue flags to cute little political digs. Nothing says I like smashed windshield more. Except maybe someone car alarm going off cause a leaf blew past.

That’s the other thing shitty alarm systems for really crappy cars that go off.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

-Driving in Florida during season.
    -Drivers from Ontario, Quebec, Michigan and New York in Florida any time of year.

People that don't use their signal to indicate a lane change.
    People that drive far above the speed limit. (anything over 5 clicks of the limit)
    People that drive below the speed limit gets my inner road rage working.
    My "favorite" however; funeral processions. It's like the deceased wants to get one last "fuck you world" by having every driver come to a stop for what feels like forever. Should be a law that mandates these damn things to happen between the hours of 2am-5am. (Yes, that hits that timeframe when bars close...cue the evil laugh track.)