Poll: Which do you prefer Stick or Automatic transmissions.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    You don't need to be a one percenter to get a 700 hp car. And the rush you get from a successful 1st to 4th gear pull from a dead stop into a 9 second 1/4 mile is worth the effort.
    We're talking generics here. You know. Without all the "if" "buts" "when", etc. Majority of time. And let me tell you, people who drive 400 hp cars as their daily driver, let alone 700, is ignorable minority in a discussion. Yes, stick for weekend track car is more fun, but 5 days out of 7 you will be driving automatic
    Last edited by ldev; 2018-03-12 at 02:54 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Driving is dull as it is, without me stick I'd be bored as hell!

I'm totally okay with automatic being the future but I'm so glad I learned to drive stick. Much harder to go the other way and learn auto first then use a stick.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd like to teach her how to drive stick huehuehue.

But seriously, I don't drive period so this is entirely lost on me.
    Awww why not, just never had a need to learn?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    To be fair. I think it's rather rare, at least around here, to even be able to rent a car that has a manual transmission.
    I have only ever driven manuals. As far as renting - I rarely rent but when I have - I have never noticed any automatic options. Manual are just the normal here. I don't know anyone that drives an automatic (although I suspect there are plenty of people I know... that DO... I just dont know they do). Personally I prefer manual for the fuel savings more than anything. That and the savings when any work needs to be done on the transmission!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been driving manual for the past 18 years and some are fun to drive and some have horrific gearbox that makes driving a nightmare. For the past couple of years I tried few cars with automatic gearbox and while older transmission can be bad, the latest one is really good and apparently can save fuel vs manual. However, here in UK automatic comes at a price, usualy around £2k on top of the normal price.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Driving is dull as it is, without me stick I'd be bored as hell!

I'm totally okay with automatic being the future but I'm so glad I learned to drive stick. Much harder to go the other way and learn auto first then use a stick.
    This is really how I feel. I own an automatic (car) and a manual (motorcycle). I definitely have more fun driving manual cars/motorcycles, but I hate driving a manual in bad traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I have been driving manual for the past 18 years and some are fun to drive and some have horrific gearbox that makes driving a nightmare. For the past couple of years I tried few cars with automatic gearbox and while older transmission can be bad, the latest one is really good and apparently can save fuel vs manual. However, here in UK automatic comes at a price, usualy around £2k on top of the normal price.
    In the USA, most cars are automatic. The only ones that are manual are typically extremely cheap cars or sports cars. I don't really notice that much of price difference between manual and automatic cars of the same make and model.

Stick is still more common here. Don't see why though.
    Just pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was taught how to drive stick, but since I do not own a car and my mother owns an automatic I have only driven stick thrice in the almost 7 years that I got my driver's license.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

5+ Year Old Account
    I learned with drive stick. You feel more 'in control' with the vehicle.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely disgrace that he couldn't get someone higher class

His father should be ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    We're talking generics here. You know. Without all the "if" "buts" "when", etc. Majority of time. And let me tell you, people who drive 400 hp cars as their daily driver, let alone 700, is ignorable minority in a discussion. Yes, stick for weekend track car is more fun, but 5 days out of 7 you will be driving automatic
    Most common late model sports cars are pushing 350 minimum off the lot. And pretty cheap too. But, meh, you have a valid point made in that regard. My point stands however, even a stock manual driven like it's suppose to has the potential to be no greater rush. Very engaging.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-03-12 at 04:43 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

He's number 3 an I right, he's like never getting the throne right?
    Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Baby 3 comes soon, Harry. that's Number 6 in the row, he is pretty safe from the throne.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd let her drive my stick.

I can drive Stick, I'm not as comfortable doing it as I am just driving Auto Transmission though, but I don't require doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Absolutely disgrace that he couldn't get someone higher class

His father should be ashamed
    What's wrong with her? Are you that stuck up, that it really matters to you who some stranger dates and marries?

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone think that she will ever really be driving cars again?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Does anyone think that she will ever really be driving cars again?
    Queen Elizabeth likes to drive around and she also liked to scare the former saudi arab crown prince
    https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...dullah-driving

Of course Meghan will also drive and she'll receive also special training later, being part of the family puts a mark on her from terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    More engaged drivers are more likely to be paying attention to the road and their surroundings, reducing the likelihood of issues like falling asleep at the wheel, and making it near impossible to do incredibly stupid things like texting while driving.

I prefer automatic, because my daily commute involves nearly guaranteed stop and go traffic jams for about 40 minutes.
    If you fall asleep at the wheel, you shouldn't drive a car. Neither automatic, nor manual. You're already hours past the point where you should stop operating a 1-2 ton vehicle.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why you don't put your poll-question in the title instead of this brain-dead click-bait is beyond me -.-
    Pretty sure you're alienating as many as you're attracting with this tactic...

Stick ftw
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Baby 3 comes soon, Harry. that's Number 6 in the row, he is pretty safe from the throne.
    Well 7 then isn’t princess Kate in there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Why you don't put your poll-question in the title instead of this brain-dead click-bait is beyond me -.-
    Pretty sure you're alienating as many as you're attracting with this tactic...

Stick ftw
    The title of thread is the title of the article given credit. The poll is mine.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Well 7 then isn’t princess Kate in there?
    Nope. Spouses don't count in the line in succession.
    But still, he is only 6th... so Charles and William, and William's kids would have to die, and the kids must not have a heir for Harry becoming king.
    Last edited by josykay; 2018-03-12 at 08:13 PM.

I was taught only how to drive manual, I've only seen cars with manual ... I don't even know what an automatic looks like or how it works. Everyone drives stick here, at least that I know of.