Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Realtors are already robots anyway badum tch
    lmao, true and the internet does most of their work now, I have made sites for realtors and it literally does the work for them.

The problem is not how he became rich, actually i prefer way much guys like him than some wall street parasite, at least he is someone who worked hard to get where he is now, but the need to pay taxs for him an his firm in the differents countrys he is withouth dodging it

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless one is also going to help said recipients of redistributed wealth out with planning and saving, just giving people shit doesnt seem to work or fix the root of the problem. See: all the failed lottery winners.

Anyways, Amazon is getting to be monpoly like, and that worries me. Im not a fan of a company that basically has a hand in every single thing ever, which Bezos seems to want to try and do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much money he donates each year. With all that money, i'd assume he does donate to some causes.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Awesome. Now how do we kill him and take all his stuff ? Because reasons.

/s
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    There are dictators and other world leaders who have more money. Now while that might be a countries income, when one person controls it all. It might as well be theirs.
    Many political leaders keep their wealth private though, so it's hard to verify just how much they own and control. Where as with someone like Bezos a lot of the information is public.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Let me tell you a little story...

In 1996 I worked for a courier company (now no longer independently in business). We had a contract with Amazon to handle the after hours final delivery to the airport with their packages to ship out. We did deliveries for them to the airport all day, but this specific contact had rules. They had to contact us no later than 4pm to inform us what size vehicle was needed; small covered truck, small van, large cargo van, two large cargo vans, etc. It was up to them to calculate the total space needed and let us no. We then picked up by 6pm to deliver to SeaTac. This

The reason for this was so that we could schedule. We only had a couple of on-call drivers in the evening. We had to make certain we scheduled the right vehicle in advance.

In addition to being the customer service manager, I was the after hours on-call dispatch. Around 5:30, I get a call from our schedule Amazon driver.

"There is NO way in hell these packages will fit in my vehicle". He had a small closed truck. He said they needed at LEAST a cargo van. The Amazon dock manager was being an ass about it. I called and spoke with him as he yelled at me, threatening to pull our business (which he had no authority to do). Finally, I had to go down to Seattle and speak to this guys boss who then yelled at me, calling me names and telling me what shitty customer service I was providing. No matter how I explained the concept of the contractual agreement, he told me I should "shut the fuck up and make him happy".

That was Jeff Bezos. I got into a pissing match with Jeff Bezos in 1996.

He was the biggest asshole I have ever had the misfortune to meet. He is an absolute dick. And I have had several friends that have worked in the higher levels at Amazon and from what I have heard, nothing has changed in 20 years.

We should take all the wealth and give it to poor people that will fix everything. /s

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good for him. He created his wealth fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    He was the biggest asshole I have ever had the misfortune to meet. He is an absolute dick. And I have had several friends that have worked in the higher levels at Amazon and from what I have heard, nothing has changed in 20 years.
    People at this level are rarely, if ever actually anything less, no matter how many pro-benevolence stories are written about them. Gates fucked over plenty of people to put MS where it was.

In any case, Bezos doesn't actually *have* this much money in terms of usable cash. It's simply a snapshot of his perceived worth, which is something entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We don't, he is going to save the world.
    that dude looks more like a movie villain

10+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting man

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Awesome. Now how do we kill him and take all his stuff ? Because reasons.

/s
    This but unironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    He could buy everyone in the world a house and still be a super rich. He owns this site too lmao.
    $130 billion is $18 for 7 billion people. Not even a steak dinner, certainly no where near a house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    $130 billion is $18 for 7 billion people. Not even a steak dinner, certainly no where near a house.
    We need to just eliminate electricity as an expense and make it a free resource to anyone and you will free this planet from its shackles.

A quick google search shows he donated 33mil to student scholarships 2 months ago.
    Not so bad considering it would take over 600 average American yearly incomes to amount to that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Imagine how many people he could help grt out of poverty, lol. Litterally buy half the us a house with that kind of money
    Buying people houses wouldn’t end poverty, he would have to employ people and pay them a fair wage for that.

If I were Jeff Bezos I'd donate billions in Amazon gift cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Amazon likes to be a cheapskate and not pay taxes!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    People at this level are rarely, if ever actually anything less, no matter how many pro-benevolence stories are written about them. Gates fucked over plenty of people to put MS where it was.

In any case, Bezos doesn't actually *have* this much money in terms of usable cash. It's simply a snapshot of his perceived worth, which is something entirely different.
    When I worked at Oracle, Larry Ellison seemed to be a genuinely a very nice guy. This was back when Oracle was around 100 employees. He used to bring donuts on Friday, stop by our offices just to chat and get to know us, and regularly took some of us out to lunch. Obviously the company has grown too large for him to keep on doing that.

As for Amazon, they used to have a bad rep among tech workers. I have heard talks about unpleasant work environment, long hours, and high turnover.