Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    smart move by blizz, why sell 50 packs for say $50, when you can sell 70 packs for $60, and those extra 20 packs cost you 0.000$ to produce.
    Thats indeed true my good man.. but those people developing the expansion still need to be paid each month right?.. but you not to draw a line

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    smart move by blizz, why sell 50 packs for say $50, when you can sell 70 packs for $60, and those extra 20 packs cost you 0.000$ to produce.
    Even so they would have to decimate that cost for me to consider buying at this stage. You don't even get the full set, that would cost what 5 times more at least?
    inb4 but you don't NEEEEEEEEEED the full set
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Thats indeed true my good man.. but those people developing the expansion still need to be paid each month right?.. but you not to draw a line
    So they put silly price tags with a raffle ticket system making me less likely to buy anything at all.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2018-03-14 at 09:41 AM.

My issue with pre-ordering is that the vast majority of the cards you get are dupes. After getting 2 legendaries, 5 epics, and dozens upon dozens of duplicate rares and commons when I pre-ordered K&C, I was done with dropping $50. Instead of giving us more packs, they should reduce the chance of getting dupes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean you mainly buy packs for the dust imo.
    Depends on your current collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Ill probably be preordering this. I enjoyed the last expansion a ton, and the dungeon run as taken more of my time then any other aspect at this point. I love the design of a Worgen expack as well. Also 70 packs is awesome.
    I enjoyed K&C in terms of solo play, but my god it is one of the most cancerous metas right now. With what they said is going to HoF, there better be some answers to certain other really brain dead decks that you can reach legend with right now. Doomguard needed to go to HoF more than Ice Block, but they both needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    My issue with pre-ordering is that the vast majority of the cards you get are dupes. After getting 2 legendaries, 5 epics, and dozens upon dozens of duplicate rares and commons when I pre-ordered K&C, I was done with dropping $50. Instead of giving us more packs, they should reduce the chance of getting dupes.
    I think in KoFT there was an actual glitch that people really were. I did notice compared to like Ungoro the more recent expansions I've had to craft epics more often. That could just have meant Ungoro had bad epics that didn't see play, or that I got more duplicates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I enjoyed K&C in terms of solo play, but my god it is one of the most cancerous metas right now. With what they said is going to HoF, there better be some answers to certain other really brain dead decks that you can reach legend with right now. Doomguard needed to go to HoF more than Ice Block, but they both needed to.
    O i agree the meta is stale right now. Im just playing combo priest right now, but Locks need some attention taking to them. I don't think HoF doomguard is 100% the best answer, but at the same time i don't know what is. Iceblock needed to die no matter what, made some uninteractive gameplay. I think a good move would be to introduce a few more cards that handle secrets like Flare and Eater of Secrets, so Secret play isn't as safe as it is. Warlocks, i don't know what the answer is, because Cube has done more so much, that even without Doomguard it is still incredibly powerful.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh, something to do on the bog for free I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    O i agree the meta is stale right now. Im just playing combo priest right now, but Locks need some attention taking to them. I don't think HoF doomguard is 100% the best answer, but at the same time i don't know what is. Iceblock needed to die no matter what, made some uninteractive gameplay. I think a good move would be to introduce a few more cards that handle secrets like Flare and Eater of Secrets, so Secret play isn't as safe as it is. Warlocks, i don't know what the answer is, because Cube has done more so much, that even without Doomguard it is still incredibly powerful.
    Control lock is only powerful because of Nzoth and Guldan able to bring back things in the ways most decks already dealt with them. I mean you go ahead and silence the Rinn which most decks carry 2 maximum and she'll be back again when they Nzoth. Doomguard you can't really do anything about in cubelock unless they have a lackey on the board and you have some sort of transform effect. They're not going to cube a doomguard and leave the cube there unless they have a way to duplicate the cube or kill the cube the same turn. Cubelock is even more uninteractive than iceblock and it's due to doomguards and duplicate effects. If they gave cube a caveat that it can't be duplicated and the player who owns it cannot target it, then that might solve it, but that won't happen so the problem is in fact the doomguard. If not HoF it should be changed to "whenever it attacks, discard a card".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Control lock is only powerful because of Nzoth and Guldan able to bring back things in the ways most decks already dealt with them. I mean you go ahead and silence the Rinn which most decks carry 2 maximum and she'll be back again when they Nzoth. Doomguard you can't really do anything about in cubelock unless they have a lackey on the board and you have some sort of transform effect. They're not going to cube a doomguard and leave the cube there unless they have a way to duplicate the cube or kill the cube the same turn. Cubelock is even more uninteractive than iceblock and it's due to doomguards and duplicate effects. If they gave cube a caveat that it can't be duplicated and the player who owns it cannot target it, then that might solve it, but that won't happen so the problem is in fact the doomguard. If not HoF it should be changed to "whenever it attacks, discard a card".
    Something to change him so even when he is cheated out he punishes the user would be nice. Instead of battlecry discard 2 cards, and just attack discard a card would be far. Or just change Charge to Rush. I think Cube was one of the more toxic cards introduced in my opinion. Id love for it to be changed but i cant think of how.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Witchwood is only getting one new hero card, Hagatha (per Hearthpwn). Interesting to see what her power is.

Also the upgraded hero power just being a copy of Justicar's is somewhat boring.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Don't see the appeal of Hearthstone. I've tried to get into it on more than one occasion but the actual mechanics and meta always had me bored out of my mind.

Vastly prefer Gwent. Not as popular, but I think the game itself is of higher quality.

Deleted
    New cards revealed.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/4453-...ayala-four-new

I'm with the first poster because i only play rogue.
    "Still waiting for rouge's 1 drop minion since the next expansion is gonna rotate out both Swashburglar and Bladed Cultist"

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually kinda rate Glitter Moth.

Granted we haven't seen the rest of the set, but odds-only still works for Priest when you can run Inner Fire, PWS, SWD, Acolyte, Cleric, Tar Creeper, Void Ripper and Psychic Scream
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the even odd deck idea is gonna polarize the game somewhat. Either it's gonna turn out to be a big flop and no one's gonna play it after 2 days, Marsh Queen Hunter anyone? Or it's gonna be the next Jade Druid everyone loves and we'll be counting the days before it rotates out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Seems like the even odd deck idea is gonna polarize the game somewhat. Either it's gonna turn out to be a big flop and no one's gonna play it after 2 days, Marsh Queen Hunter anyone? Or it's gonna be the next Jade Druid everyone loves and we'll be counting the days before it rotates out.
    I'm usually wrong with my assumptions of what's going to work out, but having prince keleseth and trying to use him a bit feels like a bigger disadvantage even though ability is great. If it's too restrictive for most classes to have no other 2 cost cards can't imagine players will want to give up all odds or even. Can maybe see quest Hunter be back if it can have a good odd card deck.

So the super "OP" Hero card from the trailer was revealed.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/5270-...newly-revealed

Quite honestly, i expected something different.
    The card doesn't look that bad, seems to generate a lot of value with the echo mechanic.

However, there three things at bother me:

1.Shaman spells (excluding revealed ones) are much more situational than mage spells (Because mage also is about random card generation)
    Getting off a Windfury without a giant minion on the board that is ready to attack is useless until that situation occurs.
    Similiar thing goes for other spells such as Totemic Might (which will be next to useless as you cannot generate totems anymore and the Battlecry will destroy them).
    Shaman spells aren't bad, but a lot of them need a deck built around them, thus randomnly gaining ANY spell might not be as good.

2.Random card generation
    I am not a fan of random card generation, guessing which card your opponents holds in hand is important, random card generation removes this as it is next to impossible to guess which card your opponent has received unless he plays it right off bat or makes a rather specific maneuver.

3.Balance issue
    I do not believe this card will be overpowered, as i don't see Shaman in a position to beat Cubelock / Pally with Maelstrom / Devolve rotating, but i dislike the solution to solve the struggles that Shaman currently has. (Unless Shaman really receives bonkers card, spells in particular)
    The random card generation cards from mage aren't exactly fun to play against, but they are powerful, instead of fixing Shaman it feels like the reproduced another powerful card type that isn't aggro and gave it to Shaman, seems like a repitition of Tunnel Trogg.
    Shaman struggled to have an impact until LoE, then they printed Shaman Mana Wyrm a.k.a. Tunnel Trogg and the class ruled HS until KotF.

Blizzard needs to learn to even out their power curve on classes over the course of multiple expansions, the Year of the Mammoth set of Shaman was extremely weak, now they have to print powerful cards during the Year of the Raven for Shaman to be competitive, which in turn will lead to another year of bad Shaman cards.

This cycle also applies to other classes and must be broken.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-03-27 at 11:23 PM.

Hagatha seems interesting. Obviously meant to be played with echo cards or maybe a Grumble or Spirit Echo combo. I think the underlying problem is that Shaman spells don't feel like a win condition to me so this is a lot of investment to probably just get a shitty hand full of cryostasis and totemic might. That said, this may easily be one of those cards who's potential is actualized in an expansion or two down the line. Sort of like DK Gul'dan

I like Nightmare Amalgam. I was hoping at some point we would see multiple tribe cards as the new mechanic in a future expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I like Nightmare Amalgam. I was hoping at some point we would see multiple tribe cards as the new mechanic in a future expansion.
    So do I. It may technically be vanilla but it's got that delicious 3/4 statline. Spider Tank was great in mech decks on curve, this is basically pick-your-tribe Spider Tank.

Also, finally a 3 mana "dragon"!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That said, this may easily be one of those cards who's potential is actualized in an expansion or two down the line. Sort of like DK Gul'dan
    I think the Gul'dan DK is flat out stronger.

First off, the Dk along with Despicable Dreadlord ported Warlock back into the meta after the Discard Fiasco of Un'goro.
    Then, the Hero itself makes the card totally bonkers, 3 Damage w/ Lifesteal is just too insane, the N'zoth effect by itself is also worth 10 mana, so the OP hero power is basically a "bonus".

Second, the cards that make the Dk so damn strong (Skull of Man'ari, Doomguard, Voidlord) aren't going to rotate until the DK itself rotates, it wouldn't surprise me if Warlock gets the Druid treatment via nerfs down the line if Cubelock won't lose steam.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-03-28 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know it's interesting. There's a pretty significant lore inconsistency in the main premise of the expansion.

The Witchwood is actually an area in Highmountain, controlled mainly by Harpies/Tauren, not Worgen (There's even a mob in there called the Witch of the Wood). It seems they got the Witchwood confused with the Blackwald, the more notorious "Spooky Forest" in Gilneas.

I know probably nobody cares, but I just thought I'd point this out.

Edit:
    I stand corrected! Turns out Hagatha, the main antagonist of the expansion, just turned the Blackwald INTO the Witchwood. Neat stuff!
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2018-04-01 at 09:15 PM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

I really hope that shamans will be playable again. They have super cool and unique abilities, like evolve,freeze mechanic or overlaod, but atm i cant make any sucesfull deck. Maybe these abilities are to random or rely to much on combos and thats why they arent consistent.