Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I dunno, if someone was inclined to believe that Nunes had found out about information that was unfairly being used to target Trump, those people would be inclined to believe that Nunes was willing to risk this bold maneuver to inform him about it. Again, interpretation of events.
    Again you're just describing bias. Their prior belief in Nunes argument that Trump is being unfairly targeted justifies unethical behaviour. Does that reasoning extend to other situations as well? If a police officer believes someone's innocent without any evidence to support it, should he then brief the suspect on it before the investigation is concluded?

I'll wait for the 150-page report before I render an opinion.
    By ignoring the Majority's behaviour so far you are rendering an opinion.

This is quite a rabbit hole, Shadowmelded. All of these matters you mention are interconnected.
    They're unrelated to Russian active measures. Their only connection is in defence of Trump. And they've all been debunked.

Not at all. If you evaluate events and render a verdict, when new facts come about that coincide with your previously-rendered verdicts, that doesn't make it bias. That builds a case. It constructs a narrative that you believe happened. Detectives do this all the time. And oftentimes they're wrong. Oftentimes they're right. Doesn't mean they're biased, it means they have a certain interpretation of all the facts that they have available.
    You do understand that you're literally describing confirmation bias right?

Interpretations of events, of factual occurrences, can vary. That doesn't mean that variance in interpretation is due to bias. Look at Alan Dershowitz. He's a life-long liberal Democrat who evaluated facts regarding Trump firing Comey, and that it cannot possibly be obstruction. As a constitutional scholar, that's his evaluation of the facts. You can hardly say he's biased.
    He's not biased, just wrong. I've gone over in detail why it constitutes obstruction of justice (hint: intent) in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You do understand that you're literally describing confirmation bias right?
    I don't think I am. If you objectively evaluate events and determine what you believe these events to indicate, it's not unreasonable to interpret new facts that support that determination to do just that. You're trying to get at the truth. And you've interpreted the facts a certain way. That doesn't mean it's due to bias, it simply means you've been led to believe something based on what you know. As I stated before, we're dealing with a lot of unknowns, simply ascribing belief one way or the other simply on bias is an unfair judgment, in my estimation.

He's not biased, just wrong. I've gone over in detail why it constitutes obstruction of justice (hint: intent) in the other thread.
    I'm not equipped to rebut that thread, so let's just keep it here, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Hah, just how I pictured it.

By being so categorical they only make themselves look biased, when there's so much going on with Mueller's investigation. I hope America remembers the names of those representatives when it turns out they were wrong.
    Also, it's one page. I wouldn't expect a summary of a single item of one of several things they investigated on a particular day to be one page. Not if they did any real investigation whatsoever.

Smells like $100 in the bank.

I don't think I am. If you objectively evaluate events and determine what you believe these events to indicate, it's not unreasonable to interpret new facts that support that determination to do just that. You're trying to get at the truth. And you've interpreted the facts a certain way. That doesn't mean it's due to bias, it simply means you've been led to believe something based on what you know. As I stated before, we're dealing with a lot of unknowns, simply ascribing belief one way or the other simply on bias is an unfair judgment, in my estimation.
    When new information that contradicts the previously held belief is ignored without sufficiently explaining why it's inconsequential, that's bias.

I'm not equipped to rebut that thread, so let's just keep it here, shall we?
    Yeah, I'm not particularly interested in rehashing that discussion.

Believe it or not, a large portion of people that skittishly support Trump do so because they kinda like what he's doing, kinda, and will jump ship if he's found to have committed criminal acts, either personally or through his campaign, to influence the election. If you think the entirety of his support base are all rabid MAGA hat-wearing Trumpites, you're wrong.
    What you say here, contradicts what you said here.

Find me someone who thought the Trump campaign colluded with Russia who now believes, upon the conclusion of the committee investigation, that they, in fact, did not.

Find me someone who did not think the Trump campaign colluded with Russia who now believes, upon the conclusion of the committee investigation, that they, in fact, did.

These people either don't exist, or exist in very small number. I'm not ascribing this to bias, or partisanship, or anything else, simply that that is the way people on either side are going to interpret the committee ending it's investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet they just had a GOP member on the committee break ranks with the others and say that there is indeed evidence of some collusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I was being sarcastic. But the way this crap is going, they seem to want to drag them out and suck as much blood money from the tax payers they can get by with.
    Oh you mean like they did with Hillary and finding nothing to indict her with? I'm sure you were just as worried about tax-payers money then as you are now .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Did I hit a little too close to home? Couldn't even answer a straight-forward question.
    You did. Of course someone with almost 15.000 forum posts in 5.5 years cares a hell of a lot what other people think of him and his opinions.

Just like a 14-year old girl acts indifferent but ends up crying in her bedroom.

Damn, the Republican party has completely and utterly sold their souls to fucking Trump of all people. That cheetos encrusted cheeseburger stuffed hill is the one they want to die on? Well good I hope the party crashes and burns for how absolutely far they have fallen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Damn, the Republican party has completely and utterly sold their souls to fucking Trump of all people. That cheetos encrusted cheeseburger stuffed hill is the one they want to die on? Well good I hope the party crashes and burns for how absolutely far they have fallen.
    What will happen in reality is that the Democrats will take back the presidency at one point, they'll take back Congress at one point, and everyone will forget the deplorable acts of treason the GOP has put on display here. The same GOP congressmen will still be congressmen and they'll just change their stance to suit whatever will yield them the highest chance of being re-elected. And life will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidestorm View Post
    How long have these investigations been going on? Over a year? Guess it takes at least that long to fabricate evidence and come up with a story believable enough to impeach Trump.
    Time to play the "guess whose alt this is" game.

But seriously, what you said is asinine. Want to show which evidence was fabricated? Want to explain that conspiracy that Mueller is faking it?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What will happen in reality is that the Democrats will take back the presidency at one point, they'll take back Congress at one point, and everyone will forget the deplorable acts of treason the GOP has put on display here. The same GOP congressmen will still be congressmen and they'll just change their stance to suit whatever will yield them the highest chance of being re-elected. And life will go on.
    Not one year in and Trump is already flirting with president for life and calling all his political opponents traitors for being political opponents. I am not saying that something will definitely happen, but checks and balances have already failed in multiple instances in regard to Trump. One should not get complacent. He only needs one 9/11 style incident before trying to erode the c&b system even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I was being sarcastic. But the way this crap is going, they seem to want to drag them out and suck as much blood money from the tax payers they can get by with.
    So the Benghazi nonsense drives you completely through the roof and launches you straight to the moon, right?

Ya, GOP member of the HIC, paraphrasing: Russia interfered on trump's behalf, and the HIC is hopelessly broken because of partisanship. Seems to undercut the draft of their conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I will wait until the investigation is complete, there is a lot of something going on for it to be nothing.

Wonder if Trump is deluded enough to believe that since the Republicans have shut down there sham investigation that Mueller's will also get shut down. Because Trump's been cleared of any wrong doing right? Mueller can stop and go home now. Trump might be in for a surprise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dude, it's barely even been a year and this is the first investigation. At least let them get to the fifth investigation before accusing them of sucking blood money from taxpayers.
    Dude, it's been already a year and they have zero fucking results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    And you know this, how? I somehow doubt you're on the short list of people with inside information.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yeah totally... There aren't 19 people charged by another investigation or anything...

Can't find collusion if you actively avoid looking for it!
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.