Poll: When did you start playing the game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

When did you start playing the game?

Curious. I started May 2005, a month before the WSG launched!

I started with beta stress week if i remember! (or open beta)

Deleted
    1.11 i will never forget that necropolis above brill.

Started in 2009 just after 3.3 hit.

Before that I played FF11 for the most part but the game was kinda declining and my friend bought me the base game so I thought why not.

While I didn't get to see Wrath raids fully when they were current I did do the pre ICC ones in 3.3 and got around 7/12 in ICC Normal. (Mix of 10/25).

10+ Year Old Account
    Started somewhere in the middle of vanilla, 2005, can't remember exact date. I did experience most of it, but didn't clear all of AQ40 or Naxx, which I still regret today, I should have been more hardcore back then.

Tested each patch of each expansion since and my gametime has varied a lot depending on expansion and patch.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Late vanilla. About 6 months before the release of TBC.

Summer 2006. Didn't miss anything. Leveled to 60 and that was it really, boring.

Then came Illidan, and I was hooked!

1.10 on my brother'S account (meaning playing max 1-2hrs a week).

Bought my own game at 2.2. Started to play more "hardcore" around 2.4, I had a lvl 46 Protpal.... when 3.0 came out it became my Main Character as RetPal, never changed since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, early 2005, few months after EU release. I wanted the game on Launch but my PC couldn't handle it so I had to wait for my new one, which I was meant to be getting for Christmas, but it didn't come till like January.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Played RoC and Frozen Throne like crazy, got into WoW beta but wasn't able to level much(it was hard lvling in beta) and I missed the ending event where they summoned tons of infernals in the cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    On EU release.

Deleted
    Wow, a surprisingly large number of vanilla starters. Started in late vanilla, something like August / September in 2006.

Deleted
    amazon pre-order beta access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had my first chapter of the adventure in the World of Warcraft beta, but officially on the November 2004 on a US server, later joining on EU servers for TBC.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Sometime during closed beta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some time during vanilla, I wanna think just before the second to last patch.

Great memories
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Around when BWL came out
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

May 5th 2005, I was 11 years old and I convinced my mother to get me WoW 2 weeks before my birthday. The PC I had at the time was "bought off the shelf entertainment PC." It had no dedicated Graphics card and had some onboard crap. I shit you not that I would play WoW with 10 fps in cities and 30ish in leveling zones. When I Q'd up for BG I would load in, DC and get thrown out. Around 2006 I finally bought a Geforce GTX 7000 series and man was I the happiest kid ever. I was playing WoW at 25-30 fps in cities and I was actually able to load into BGs.
    Last edited by ProfessorTjc; 2018-02-26 at 12:39 PM.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Started in wotlk, I believe around when Ulduar came out, so I wasn't able to do too much raiding by the time I finished leveling. I'll admit that the cinematic trailer drew me in. (Plus I played Warcraft 3)

EU release. But I was in the army so I didnt really start until like 4 months after.