Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What has WoW taught you?

I can say in my case....WoW has taught me NOT to touch sheep and say NO to *sapped* girls.

that game devs only see profit, not making a good game.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Deleted
    Things in my sig. Only when trying to figure out why it lost all appeal to me after all these years, I found the WDM model, Scientific Revenue, what a Skinner box is, patents for mtx (aka value added services) promoting, tools for making the player pay more and more, etc.
    It’s disgusting and sad (on a personal level for me).

Quote Originally Posted by WerSchakal View Post
    This always comes back to https://www.nextnature.net/2010/05/n...rcraft-skills/, doesn't it?
    hahah I remember reading that.

10+ Year Old Account
    managing money

That if you ever want to see just how extremely mentally disturbed a vast majority of the worlds population is , read the forums or trade chat.

5+ Year Old Account
    That Piles of Dust are worth more than Gold Bars. Meaning if you want $$$ just clear out your attic.

Quote Originally Posted by Octotron2000 View Post
    That Piles of Dust are worth more than Gold Bars. Meaning if you want $$$ just clear out your attic.
    you kidna forgot a small tiny imprtant detail. That the dust has to be sorta magical

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you kidna forgot a small tiny imprtant detail. That the dust has to be sorta magical
    True, but I just find it funny how vendors take a solid gold bar and shill you only 6 Silver when they will give you 1 Gold for some useless dust. Imagine a vendor looking disappointed with their new shiny gold bar but elated with their new pile o' dust.

Deleted
    That no king rules forever. (WoW)

A lot of things about human nature. For example:
    - that people enjoy "having", not necessarily achieving, above all else; that they enjoy the idea that others might look at them for what they have (even if most don't care)
    - that people enjoy hindering others to a disturbing point (like camping a low level quest area for 8 hours straight)
    - that people really enjoy "putting someone in his place", to the point where even if a proposed change helps everyone people would rather put it down as "it's not needed, there are workarounds, so don't do it"
    - in the same vein, that people have an amazing ability to make excuses for absolutely everything if they put their mind to it
    - that some people are incredibly persistent in getting what they want - they can repeat doing the same thing over and over for days upon days for something very small
    - that a lot of people really don't think for themselves and repeat things they hear somewhere else (eg people in my heroic-only guild where everyone has a spot complaining about legendaries or titanforges, socials who never raid nor even do dungeons complaining about their class' viability)
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2018-11-16 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I can say in my case....WoW has taught me NOT to touch sheep and say NO to *sapped* girls.
    That it is easier to find friends, and make family online? Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WoW taught me that many say they are good but at the end they are just full of crap, happens all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    90% lfr players are trash and at least 50% randoms for dungeons are too

That I can just run up to almost any woman and ask to browse their goods.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly its taught me about human nature and how people with poor social skills operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    mostly that people act like total dickheads and entitled to their opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW taught me that whatever you do you will always have tons of whiners on the internet.

It has taught me that Goldshire is a place where strange things happen... Very strange things...