Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Earning Broken Isles reputation at max level...

So my alt is stuck on "The Mark" quest which requires revered with Valarjar. Since I have mostly skipped Stormheim campaign during leveling as I despise it, I decided to do it now, but the quests don't give me any reputation. Is it intended and if it is, how the hell am I supposed to increase the fucking reputation? I thought they were doing away with those gates that prevent you from playing alts.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Well, to be honest, nothing prevents you from playing alts in this regard since the Balance of Power thing is fully optional and only rewards some cosmetic stuff. You should gather BoA rep tokens on other toons if you want to boost a specific rep, that would be the fastest way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyphonRT View Post
    Well, to be honest, nothing prevents you from playing alts in this regard since the Balance of Power thing is fully optional and only rewards some cosmetic stuff. You should gather BoA rep tokens on other toons if you want to boost a specific rep, that would be the fastest way.
    I wasn't interested in the opinion on whether BoP is mandatory or not, obviously I WANT to do it. What kind of a response is that? That's like if you ask me some tips on a mythic encounter and I tell you that technically, you don't HAVE to raid mythic and heroic is just as fine. Because mythic isn't really mandatory, right?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    So my alt is stuck on "The Mark" quest which requires revered with Valarjar. Since I have mostly skipped Stormheim campaign during leveling as I despise it, I decided to do it now, but the quests don't give me any reputation. Is it intended and if it is, how the hell am I supposed to increase the fucking reputation? I thought they were doing away with those gates that prevent you from playing alts.
    Yes. The longer it takes for you to be done, the longer you'll subscribe.
    And with this year long content drought, they need systems like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the quests don't grant any Rep, I'd file a bug report. I remembered I was at least somewhere in the Honored range when I finished levelling there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes. The longer it takes for you to be done, the longer you'll subscribe.
    And with this year long content drought, they need systems like this.
    But they removed a ton of reputation gates, they quartered the Broken Shore campaign. I mean, okay, I will do the Stormheim quests, but there is nothing that awards rep. 1 World Quest gives 75 rep.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

I had the same problem, but I got rep from all quests in stormheim and it put me like 3k into honored when I was done (had obviously done some WQs before as well).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Normal story quests do still give rep at 110.

If you have a main at exalted, order hall gives out 500 rep and 1500 rep BoA bonus tokens.

Emmisary 1500 rep.

Many world quest give more then 75 rep, 125 and 250 depending on type.

I even got some new alts exalted before 110 using the Nathrezim tome that gives +200% rep for an hour (not useable at 110 or argus sadly), with questing I got like halfway into revered, and 4500 per rep token is a lot.

Just did some story quests on a 110, so normal rep.

Regular questing without rep bonus should get you well into honored.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-13 at 11:08 AM.

But they removed a ton of reputation gates, they quartered the Broken Shore campaign. I mean, okay, I will do the Stormheim quests, but there is nothing that awards rep. 1 World Quest gives 75 rep.
    Yeap, thats it.

I guess the faction-specific quests at the beginning and near the end of the Stormheim storyline don't give rep with Valarjar.

Didn't you do the missions that reward rep tokens? (both on the alt and on your main/other alts that are Exalted already = BoA tokens)
    Didn't you do at least some Emissaries on that alt?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Only the main story quests give rep. Stuff like that shit with the goblins and even side quests related to the main thread don’t.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    While I was doing the BI Pathfinder for flying in Legion areas (which requires you to be revered with all the expansion's main reputations) the most effective rep gains for me were coming from: emissary quests, Kirin Tor emissary bonus and order hall rep missions, which only unlock once your followers are ilvl 925 I believe.
    Last edited by mmocd08eb6ddf2; 2018-03-13 at 01:54 PM.

Rep missions are available at 900. I believe you do get new ones with Argus that only cost 100 garrison resources, though.

Slightly offtopic, but with what a rager and rude person you are in this thread (your hateful attitude towards blizzard is leaking), thats kind of what you deserve tbh. Someone gives you an answer in normal, non offending tone, and you respond with "what kind of a response it was? i wasnt interested in opinion".

So, what kind of thread it is? Besides another excuse to hate on blizzard?

Deleted
    Just farm reputation tokens from the mission table with the rest of your alts/mains, and send the tokens to the character you are interested in. I hardly play (just log every 3 days to do my emisarries on 3 chars), but i play non stop from the mobile app, sending missions non stop on 2 of my charachters. I send all of my tokens to 1 character and he gets on average 10-12 paragon chests per week. its not that hard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Slightly offtopic, but with what a rager and rude person you are in this thread (your hateful attitude towards blizzard is leaking), thats kind of what you deserve tbh. Someone gives you an answer in normal, non offending tone, and you respond with "what kind of a response it was? i wasnt interested in opinion".

So, what kind of thread it is? Besides another excuse to hate on blizzard?
    Person you're referring to gave me a completely useless response that did not answer my question. My question was "How to farm Valarjar reputation at level 110 except random token procs?" and his answer was "Balance of power isn't mandatory, you don't have to do it". So his solution is for me to just not do it. That's the response I should have accepted as an answer to my question, correct?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Person you're referring to gave me a completely useless response that did not answer my question. My question was "How to farm Valarjar reputation at level 110 except random token procs?" and his answer was "Balance of power isn't mandatory, you don't have to do it". So his solution is for me to just not do it. That's the response I should have accepted as an answer to my question, correct?
    Instead of taking the lazy way out, you could at least TRY to do some searching yourself and at least check that reputation's guide on wowhead, which includes all the information you need.

Since you are lazy enough that you'd rather ask others to do finding for you, and instantly react aggressively towards those who dont meed your expectations, ill paste the link for you:

http://www.wowhead.com/valarjar-reputation-guide

a list of activities, including the story quests, that grant you the reputation.

An interesting tidbit from the comments:

The first dozen quests in the Stormheim storyline don't give any rep. The rep starts at Havi's Test which gives 10 and gets you started.

Took me less time to find it than you making this rant.

Yea my monk is sitting at the part of balance of power where I need revered with the Nightfallen to buy the scroll to get to the next part of the quest. My monk is like 3k into honored and I can't be bothered to do any quests or WQ's in that zone. I just do missions that get me rep tokens and I'll eventually get there.

I would suggest doing the same for valajar. Do the Kirin Tor emissary and the Valajar missions until you get the rep you need.

Pretty much emissaries when it's up or Kirin-Tor emissary and you get a Valarjar token.

I remember Maw of Soul/Halls of Valor giving rep too? Some people are running Neltarion's Lair non-stop to open Highmountain rep for the allied race, so that's a way.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/the-va...-farming-guide
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-03-13 at 08:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Instead of taking the lazy way out, you could at least TRY to do some searching yourself and at least check that reputation's guide on wowhead, which includes all the information you need.

Since you are lazy enough that you'd rather ask others to do finding for you, and instantly react aggressively towards those who dont meed your expectations, ill paste the link for you:

http://www.wowhead.com/valarjar-reputation-guide

a list of activities, including the story quests, that grant you the reputation.

An interesting tidbit from the comments:

The first dozen quests in the Stormheim storyline don't give any rep. The rep starts at Havi's Test which gives 10 and gets you started.

Took me less time to find it than you making this rant.
    Ok bro. /10char
    Burn it. BURN IT!