Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    subtlety rogue. i attempted 171 times before i passed.
    undergearing, I hope. Or else you simply hadn't done the fight on another class first, because once you know that fight, it's cake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    undergearing, I hope. Or else you simply hadn't done the fight on another class first, because once you know that fight, it's cake.
    I agree. After doing xylem on many classes sublety was one of the last I did and it was really easy.
    But I have to say that everything becomes quiet doable with full lfr gear + 1 legendary
    Hardest for me was vegeance krul. Was piss easy on guardian but dh took me some time :/
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing ones are hands down the longest and thus the biggest chance of you doing a minor mistake and having to redo everything again. One of the few they required me to go and step away.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Hardest challenges are: Affliction lock (no ring, no cheese), Fury warr unless 930++, MM hunter unless high geared (too rng), SUB Rogue (P2 Ads needs you to be good at the class), Holy Priest, Tank challenges until you fully understand the fight (especially Pala, Warr).

Alternatively the few first classes you are learning the fights can feel a bit harder or basically any that don't have prydaz or super dps legendaries. Usually 2-3% leech, prydaz or healing traits at the netherlight crucible fixes all healing issues.

GL 36/36 done in January
    Congrats on getting 36/36, but I have to disagree regarding Fury Warrior. Agatha is one of the easier challenges and I did it on my Warrior the first time Mage Tower was up in EU with 890 ilvl or so equipped.

Healing one for sure. Holy Paladin at 915, if I couldn't get those nice heals up in the 2nd last phase I got screwed, or one of the "helpers" was targeted by the two others while I was spamming the ghost. Did it on monk before and priest after the AP-buff, and even though I felt the kind of rng you can have there, it was just so much easier. But since the challenge took so much time each try, it gets my vote for sure.

Then we have Survival hunter(904) wich I probably struggled the most on. It was mostly technical, took my quite some tries before figuring I should send pet in first on the Mirror Images, then throw myself in there. Did the mistake of going there first with Harpoon, and doing those 200k mongooses because I couldn't hit flanking strike cause the pet wasn't there yet :P

It's rather spread the way I have done the challenges, so it's kinda hard to figure wich one was the hardest. So Survival one was the worst for me since I did it pretty early. Doing it on my Havoc DH at 911 just few weeks after(both got Xylem) and it was just roflstompezkk.

Easiest for me was BM Hunter(907). The tactics were easy, the spec is easy and it wasn't much of a challenge. I struggled more on some at 930+ than the BM one at 907. So if I were to do them all at same ilvl, BM would most likely be the easiest.

At 940+ all the challenges are pretty easy. The challenge is mostly gone, but it's fun anyway. If I don't play a spec much, then go there, and then do it after a few tries still gives me fun.

Frost mage by far of the ones I've done. It took me over 50 attempts, prot pally didn't take that many. It was to the point I would've rather done Kruul again than twins and I procrastinated on the other specs only to find out they're all a joke compared to frost mage.

Unfortunately, there's not enough time for me to get all 36, I've gotten 21 so far. Resto druid is next on the list, which I am dreading after reading so many comments about how long the encounter is. The rest of the skins I either don't like enough to bother or are for specs I'll likely never play.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Brewmaster is in the top 3 easiest of the tanks, even if you've never played one before. You got this.
    I tried last night having zero experience with Brewmaster and it was not pretty. It's a shock coming off of paladin and DH. Their mitigation methods are really confusing to me and I'm still not used to their poor self healing. I'm debating whether or not to keep trying, especially since I'm not sure I like the spec enough to bother with a skin that'll be locked to it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the 31 specs I beat, I'd have to say that Guardian druid was the toughest. I beat it before all of the Silithus stuff, but my god it took around 100 tries. Her trinkets were (and sadly, still are) garbage - I have had the worst luck with Legion trinkets on my druid.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-07-15 at 02:11 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Of those I've done so far, easiest to hardest, all about 930-940:

1. Xylem Frost DK
    2. WW Monk
    3. Fury Warrior
    4. Prot Paladin
    5. Prot Warrior
    6. Retribution Paladin (in hindsight, perhaps I had a lot of issues due to my old computer)
    7. Xylem Arms Warrior
    Either I must be the works DK (my main) in history or I'm a savant with the arms warrior, because shit like charge and heroic leap made the challenge so easy in my opinion. Compared to the prot challenges on top of that? oO

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ell I finally did Arcane Mage. She was SUBSTANTIALLY harder on a caster than with a melee imo.
    Yep - the only one I wanted was Arcane Mage and it was definitely above my skill cap by a LONG way.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Todrazok View Post
    Congrats on getting 36/36, but I have to disagree regarding Fury Warrior. Agatha is one of the easier challenges and I did it on my Warrior the first time Mage Tower was up in EU with 890 ilvl or so equipped.
    Lol that's bullshit. With multiple kinds of imps constantly spawning, requirement of constant intelligent repositioning, interrupting, cd saving, smart cd planning, environment awareness, Agatha is a very complex fight that was especially very hard on lower ilvls - not so much when you can just nuke every wave of imps whenever they spawn.

However.

Fight like Xylem is 10x easier. He doesn't do anything. Single target dps >> aoe cds >> reposition >> repeat. That's all. His after image phase might be confusing at first, but only until you realize you just have to touch real one. And the last phase is just dps check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

i made all of them with my account and all the tank challenges more times for friends

Tanks challenge lowest char was 903 around nighthold time higghest was my gf monk pala they had 940 it had nothing to do with a challenge anymore ,, even with low gear that encounter was totaly retarded and had nothing to do with tanking imo.

ok woah p2 maybe use a CD and kick thats about it

Heal challenges paladin had 900 around nh time other chars around 930

god this challenges is the one i hate the most what a stupid waste of time those waves and the difficulty beween classes was questionable . With my pala it was normal , then i did druid i never played heal druid and it was a walk in the park... same for heal monk , my shamy had shit gear and needed a "few" more trys then my other healers and he had no trnkest and stuff 860 arcano crystal and some other crap .

DPS challenges where kinda stupid , the assa rogue challenge was done with 890 and heal leggys spam FoK and rupture for 10-15 minutes... amazing with a focus blind macro

the most fun challenges where probably

1. assa/feral/frosk dk -> the eye thing
    2. the imp mother

fun fact i did the tank monk challenge for my GF and the first try i wiped @5% and wondered why , when i saw that my def cd's where not binded ... since it was her keybinds so i did the whole encounter without using purify/stagger the whole encounter so much for a "tank" challenge lol

Imo they should make something like that again BUT

1. evryone has the same itemlevel
    2. evryone has the same stats why not use pvp template to make it fair
    3. you can change tallents use food

oh and maybe add an achivement when you do all 36 :|

overall i had fun was happy doing the challenges for my friends again to see how it was with gear

oh btw : WTF is wrong with that tank dk challenge?

i wanted to try it with my 905 dk 1 legendary only no enchants to see how it would like from dmg taken first try i ended up p2 , then i got enchants drums and killed it but in the dk challenge nothing seems to do any damage compared to the other tanks . Warrior for example was realy spiky with around 4.6m life lol

The scaling overall for some classes seems to be pretty bad but hey it kept me busy for some time :P´

edit:

btw because i see arcane challenge... i tryed it 2-3 times with 890 relicts and kept dying since i had 0 heal leggos , then i used a shit trinets that had 400 leech god never knew that 400 leech would make such a big difference

edit2:

most trys tank druid around 40try with also around 908 itemlevel nighthold times did not have tank leggys for challenge so tryed some own strats that failed baddly lmoa

wind walker : first try 900 itemlevel with the leveing BoA trinket , it was the first time i did the worm challenge but i had the healing neck so thats probably why it was easy

Owl : i NEVER played owl i had no clue what i was doing so i decided to use the leggendary belt : heal on most over 90% or what ever and just cast my AE and moonfire ... boss died while i was running around like a retard still dont know how owl works or what even generates my recources.. but what ever will never play owl again :P but to be fair it was one of the last challenges i did with my druid i did tank, heal and feral with 908 +/- where i have to admit FERAL was dissapointment it was the first challenges i did cause i found that cat so sexy i was fuck yeah gonna learn how to be a good feral... ended up just spamming brutal slash and tigers fury since i had tank gear with haste and it scaled quite good... oh and yes heal legendary belt again for adds and heal .

But honestly i think i had more fun trying to "exploit" the challenges with stupid strats then playing them by the book , but that was the beauty of the tower you could do them how you wanted and with all those leggys you had a lots of different ways to do . So yeah no i dont think it was a flop but i do think it could have been more balanced
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2018-07-15 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Either I must be the works DK (my main) in history or I'm a savant with the arms warrior, because shit like charge and heroic leap made the challenge so easy in my opinion. Compared to the prot challenges on top of that? oO
    I started with Arms. I had the heroic leap shoulders, so I was jumping out of the razor ice, which was for me a 25% chance of dying. Later I found out that that I had to stand still before jumping/attacking, because the razor ice is not just a prison, it's deadly to the touch. That might have why I had issues with razor ice on arms, and cost me a 2-3 lives on my frost DK. I did the whole encounter on my first try after realizing that. I don't know, but I felt there were so many traps with arms, and the shadow creature phase was hard because of minimizing the blight so you would be able to burn him down before you ran out of platform. Seems like my arms build was very low on DPS, but I even respecced before the second phase, and I have good leggos on my warrior, my DK has mostly shit. I would say that xylem on DK is no longer my easiest fight, I one-shot sigryn on my enhancement today, and two-shot agatha on my fire mage. Guess that the artifacts are getting powerful, because I do suck on these characters.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    24/36. Did all but warrior, priest, rogue, and shaman.

Top 5 hardest for me:

1. Frost mage
    2. BM hunter
    3. Blood DK
    4. Havoc DH
    5. Holy paladin

Top 5 easiest for me:

1. WW monk
    2. SV hunter
    3. Fire mage
    4. Unholy DK
    5. Ret paladin

Top 5 specs I enjoyed playing for this:

1. MM hunter
    2. MW monk
    3. Veng DH
    4. Fire mage
    5. Prot paladin

Top 5 specs without cheesing or proper legos that I think are the hardest:

1. Aff lock
    2. Balance druid
    3. BM hunter
    4. Frost mage
    5. Havoc DH

I wish I could try them all with the same ilvl and somewhat same power for legos. Stuff like my havoc DH was hard at the time for my ilvl but I am sure with the 50 ilvl boost plus the artifact surge it'd be much easier. Also that the healing challenge got so much easier having done it once on a character. I knew what to expect for my druid and monk after completing it on my paladin.
    Last edited by Sett; 2018-07-16 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

So I just wrapped up my 4th healing challenge, and was it just me or is Holy Priest significantly more difficult than other healing specs?
    Am I just a bad priest?
    (My first three: Holy Pala, Resto Shaman, MW Monk)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    So I just wrapped up my 4th healing challenge, and was it just me or is Holy Priest significantly more difficult than other healing specs?
    Am I just a bad priest?
    (My first three: Holy Pala, Resto Shaman, MW Monk)
    Did you have Prydaz? Holy seems like it'd be very squishy in that challenge without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    For me the hardest ones were: guardian druid (920 ilvl, feral leggos and i didnt play that spec before entering my - 60 tries), arcane mage(i know its easy, but i was constantly blinking away causing them to disappear or blocking on a step... - 40 tries) and lastly hpally i did today (906 ilvl, ret leggos - 15 tries) I did some more but mostly in less than 10 tries

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Did you have Prydaz? Holy seems like it'd be very squishy in that challenge without it.
    Nope - only had shadow stuff and some ring that gave me a guardian spirit buff. Woo. Everything was painful.

10/36 - Only did what I cared about.

I found affi warlock a bit tricky (without slow ring) until I did the cheese with Mortal Coil, then it was a joke.

Locks not very geared - I imagine it would be much easier actually able to do some DPS.

Guardian was prob my hardest, didn't have many traits or gear at the time when I did it back in 7.2 prob about 40 attempts or so.

Now that I've finished most of the challenges I wanted done, I can say that the hardest one I did was by far the Kruul fight. I did it on my Guardian druid at 920 ilvl and it took me a good 50 tries or so before I took him out. It was so triggering with the orbs sometimes not spawning, the infernals knocking me off the platform, the lines pushing me around. I even had one run where I got Kruul down to 1% and I accidentally screwed up my interrupt on twisted reflection. I had to take a break after that one because I got so distraught. I never actually felt like I was in control in the 2nd phase, it was just a complete mess with my hp below 50% most of the time. The absolute worst part was definitely getting hit by the infernal's knockback and flying off into the twisting nether. Always just when I thought things were going swell.....
    Last edited by Management; 2018-07-16 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Am I just a bad priest?
    It's not just you, Holy has to react to stuff way faster in the first phase due to their reliance on Shackle Undead to counter most of the critical mechanics. It's basically as if all of those abilities happen ~1.25 sec faster due to the cast time.