Poll: ?

Melting your money for smithing

How would you feel about blizzard making a new mechanic for smithing?

You can now SMELT you own gold! Creating a copper bare requires 100 copper, a silver bar 50 silver and a gold bar 10 gold
    Now you can buy your way to success

This marks the return of scaling recipies that are also useful at max level
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2018-03-14 at 09:56 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How do I buy my way to success with that? What is a copper / silver / gold bar worth in the game, other than to create some very basic BS items? (and maybe basic items for another profession)
    Since now you can smith your way from 1-700. It also creates interesting trading oppertunities. «Selling Tabard of the lightbringer for 100 gold bars.» mining for gold becomes a respectable profession also

Reached the gold cap? No worries just turn it into gold bars and store em in your bank!
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2018-03-14 at 10:01 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds less like melting money and more like burning money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is cool but you're just adding a new currency no one would be motivated to use. Why shouldn't I just sell that tabard for 10000 gold instead of going through hoops to make the buyer pay me in bars? If the price conversion is equal, what do I get more? If the conversion is higher (a bar costs more than the mats), why would I spend more than anticipated and why shouldn't blacksmiths spend their time making bars and vendoring them? If the conversion is lower, who in their right mind would spend 10 gold to earn less than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though your idea would make sense from a logical point of view I am completely against it.
    It would not feel rewarding at all to burn money like this. Yes you can just buy stuff from the AH, but leveling up your profession via this lazy method feels at least a bit punishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How do I buy my way to success with that? What is a copper / silver / gold bar worth in the game, other than to create some very basic BS items? (and maybe basic items for another profession)
    In wow, 1 gold bar is 1 gold, actually.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Someone needs to solve the gold inflation guys
    An'u belore delen'na

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    Someone needs to solve the gold inflation guys
    since you just removed one of the gold sinks (leveling up a profession), you just made it worse. there is no use adding a second layer of currency when its value is equal to the old system.

Edit* I could see the possibility in using gold bars as a 4th tier of currency to jack up prices in BMAH tho !

15+ Year Old Account
    Gold bars should be significantly more valuable than gold coins.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!