Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Yeah like a micro battleground one would assume
    OMG O_O

Deleted
    Boring

Glorified invasion points with more RNG.

I feel like this could be a great addition with m+
    and maybe do some esport with it one day depending on difficulty
    I wish they could add ladders directly in the game and make it more ''competitive''

5+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that finds these really underwhelming? It looks like you are just running around farming ore and cloth but instead it is azerite™.

These could easily be spiced up by adding ship battles. How cool would it be to have it start as a ship battle where pirates are trying to board your ship and you have to take them down and have cannon balls spawn and grab them to load the cannon to take out the other ship. Then maybe the ship crashes into the island and then you start off to find the treasure. So many ideas that would be cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    These could easily be spiced up by adding ship battles. How cool would it be to have it start as a ship battle where pirates are trying to board your ship and you have to take them down and have cannon balls spawn and grab them to load the cannon to take out the other ship. Then maybe the ship crashes into the island and then you start off to find the treasure. So many ideas that would be cool.
    you always loose and end up at the island, where is the fun in that

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    you always loose and end up at the island, where is the fun in that
    No, if you lose you sink and drown.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyShark View Post
    To be honest, it doesn't come close to what I've been expecting from it. I was hoping for some engaging quests or objectives, but most of it just seems to be "Clear the area of NPC's!" and "Mine some nodes!".

Is this what it really is, or am I overexagerating?
    I know what you mean but what did we expect from a game where 90+ % of all quests are kill this, collect that?
    They simply don't know what to put into the game to keep people playing except for repetitive grind. Might be a problem of the whole genre though. It might be no problem, if this kind of game is new to you but after years you simply get sick of it. Reminds me of having no problem with random encounters in JRPGs back when I was a child but now they feel really mind numbing. Of cause they always were but it takes time to realize.

Just as I expected, it's a 15 minutes grind fest.
    Wow, so randomized and unique each time! Except all that you do is kill groups of monsters and a rare mini-boss with 0 engaging abilities, in what seems to be the most boring way possible. With pickup powerups about as imaginative as vanilla 5/5 talents. Why isn't there even a grappling hook that allows you access to closed areas? Or some 'fire blessing totem' that grants immunity to lava so that you can go into the temple of flame and not die in magma moat at the entrance.

Where are interesting puzzles to solve? Jumping puzzles for people who want that type of challenge? This was the perfect place for them. I swear, most of world quests are more imaginitive than this, eh, content.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Hey look ! Armchair Devs on MMO C that already knows the how things will develop after 10 minutes of video and 0 actual test.

What a surprise
    Pretty much.. kids will be kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I find it funny how people want something new to do in game, Blizzard try something new and get shat on by the community for their troubles. Almost makes one wonder why they keep bothering supporting WoW.
    Armchair devs ftw, they know everything better

This is what they're focusing on as bite-size content.

Which means it has to be accessible.

Which means it has to be beatable for Johnny Inbred and his demented brother.

Which means it's a complete pushover for anyone with more than two brain cells.

Which means the so-called "AI" is going to be predictably scripted nonsense you can game into oblivion.

Don't get me wrong, I realize why there can't be difficult content for features that are an accessible mainstay of the expansion. I just wish they weren't wasting so many resources on this, because I can already see it crashing, hard. It's going to be the same as scenarios were in MoP - that 'not-quite-dungeon' feel where you just go through the motions because of daily reward #27.

Deleted
    great potential, but from the footage noone of it is used.

like others have mentioned why not add some puzzle elements.

Why not give it some race elements other then collect X faster then the other guy. but more a both start from a point and need to reach the center where the azurite is kinda race.
    Now this feels like something where the rewards will have to be super good or people will ignore it after a game or 2. But alpha so loads of type to improve upon.

I'm interested in seeing how good that A.I is.

I do worry about these. The problem with this kind of content for WoW is well, it's got WoW's combat, so that means the content itself has to carry the brunt. You can enjoy combat for a while at a time, but it can't carry enjoyment like in some other titles, it's just too old and the model WoW uses is too predictable (no avoiding targeted damage, etc) so that repetition is very noticeable.

As soon as I saw Argus invasion points I knew this was what they were using for the island scenarios, so I managed my expectations. They can still make them more enjoyable than those for sure, but if you consider how you do invasions now, if at all - at least everybody i know will queue for a larger group to breeze them. This will not happen with these as it's an old-style scenario numberswise, so I really wonder how things will pan out.

I do hope that some of those bullet points become little side-quests you WANT to do. However, I really feel like the enemy team there will prohibit such things if there is a timer. Not sure about that design either.
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2018-03-15 at 02:25 PM.

Not more "scenarios" they were so bad in mop and worst of all quite boring. I honestly do not see these being any different from that. As long they reward *no* gear or anything that is required to progress in the expansion I'm fine with it.

Deleted
    I think the question is not whether it will be fun at first attempt or not. It very well might be boring - but who cares? New technology is making it's way to the game, which then can be used for later content development. That level of zone randomization is totally different from what we've seen in WoW so far and the NPC's intelligence being worked on is definitely another point which can refresh the feel of combats in general. Imagine a raid boss who tries to figure out which enemies he can kill easily or where he can land the most AoE damage. That would totally change the way encounters work today. Try to think of it as a tech-demo, rather than something being the main feature of the next expansion.
    Last edited by mmocb141afce17; 2018-03-15 at 02:51 PM.

Man, it could be the best content in history and it would still look boring with that edit. Jesus Christ... Were you guys in such a hurry to release it that you guys made that joke of an edit?

Cue the armchair devs predicting how this feature will go down, the same way they predicted the imminent failure of Mythic+...

This feature looks promising as hell, and I can't wait to see in what ways they'll surprise us with it! The Negative Nancies are all looking at the feature with what's currently possible in mind, which is probably why they're bitching so hard.

I hate the senarios . If they make it I will skip this expansion .

It look's like it could be fun for the first few times but won't be long before unless you jump in with the right setup you will get stomped by the premades if history has taught us anything.