Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wish the beta forums were separate so US and EU could post together much like here. It feels like the EU beta side is completely dead and trying to raise any concerns there is like screaming into the void that is Sha of Fear's or Xavius's room, but there's no boss or adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Its so fucking stupid that they even give time on shit like that, but if they dont answer on those threads i can see the PC crowd just attacking blizzard for "supporting molesting druids" or some weird shit

I see UH DKs got their artifact ability added as baseline today, unless I read that wrong?

Is it really too much to ask to have Moons and OI as parts of the base spec? I'm still yet to touch Druid since alpha changed to beta because it's just so damn disappointing to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    I see UH DKs got their artifact ability added as baseline today, unless I read that wrong?

Is it really too much to ask to have Moons and OI as parts of the base spec? I'm still yet to touch Druid since alpha changed to beta because it's just so damn disappointing to play.
    They're pretty much the single exception unfortunately, and there are a bunch of idiot testers praising their pruning to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They're pretty much the single exception unfortunately, and there are a bunch of idiot testers praising their pruning to begin with.
    It would've been so easy to just have us "commune" with our weapon or something before we throw them into the fire and keep the active and some select traits so that every class didn't feel like a huge step backwards.

As it is I can see a lot of people logging in to 8.0 disappointed. More than usual, especially for some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    It would've been so easy to just have us "commune" with our weapon or something before we throw them into the fire and keep the active and some select traits so that every class didn't feel like a huge step backwards.

As it is I can see a lot of people logging in to 8.0 disappointed. More than usual, especially for some classes.
    You can virtually apply Gebuz video to pretty much most specs.

Delete artifact ability or pay a talent you already had to gain it back, unequip legendaries, unequip artifact and lose all its traits. That's BFA.

And somehow there are people convinced that an azerite armor which gives 100 haste for 8 seconds on using X spell or boosting damage by 5% for 10 sconds when you do Y is gonna fill that gap.

I'm fine with pruning if they actually fucking designed around it. Having less buttons that are more interesting to press >>> a ton of buttons that have little to no synergy.

Balance is easily one of the worst designed specs on Beta right now. Will legit be shocked to see anyone really bothering to play it, other than Stockholm Syndrome for their always-played toon (so glad I broke that with my Mage this expansion).

- - - Updated - - -

Delete artifact ability or pay a talent you already had to gain it back, unequip legendaries, unequip artifact and lose all its traits. That's BFA.
    Don't forget also losing 5% casting speed on Solar/Lunar Empowerments and 30% Starfall damage when you take Stellar Drift.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm fine with pruning if they actually fucking designed around it. Having less buttons that are more interesting to press >>> a ton of buttons that have little to no synergy.

Balance is easily one of the worst designed specs on Beta right now. Will legit be shocked to see anyone really bothering to play it, other than Stockholm Syndrome for their always-played toon (so glad I broke that with my Mage this expansion).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget also losing 5% casting speed on Solar/Lunar Empowerments and 30% Starfall damage when you take Stellar Drift.
    is there even any specc atm thats considered fun on the beta right now? Legion -> BfA feel a lot worse atm than what WoD -> Legion was.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    is there even any specc atm thats considered fun on the beta right now? Legion -> BfA feel a lot worse atm than what WoD -> Legion was.
    Theres alot of specs 'fun'. If you are looking at numbers none of them are fun. Numbers arent tuned.

with starter gear classes are missing alot of stats needed to perform fluidity, but with the starter gives a chance to see 'how it would be without gear'
    Surv is fun
    Ret is fun
    Arms is fun
    Demo is fun
    Disc is fun
    Holy is fun
    Outlaw if fun

I mean look at the at some youtube - or Bays stuff.

On the beta I think assassination feels pretty fluid and is fun and outlaw isn't too bad either, of course this is imo.

Battle for Azeroth Pre-Expansion Patch PTR Soon™

If you have any hopes of them changing Balance, you really should give up and make your peace with abandoning ship for BfA. Maybe Balance will get a pass at 8.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Theres alot of specs 'fun'. If you are looking at numbers none of them are fun. Numbers arent tuned.
    Anyone complaining about numbers not being fun should be muted. Right now a lot of classes don't even have playable rotations and abilities (like Balance) and that white noise doesn't help.

Anyway, if you want a fun caster, go Demo, otherwise, go Hunter if you want more mobility. MM's definitely better from Live without Windburst and Vulnerable and BM feels and plays much like Legion, which was fine for the most part to me. Probs gonna do more extensive testing when 8.0 hits the PTR since that's pretty much when everything is locked in.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-05-02 at 09:01 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Battle for Azeroth Pre-Expansion Patch PTR Soon™

If you have any hopes of them changing Balance, you really should give up and make your peace with abandoning ship for BfA. Maybe Balance will get a pass at 8.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone complaining about numbers not being fun should be muted. Right now a lot of classes don't even have playable rotations and abilities (like Balance) and that white noise doesn't help.

Anyway, if you want a fun caster, go Demo, otherwise, go Hunter if you want more mobility. MM's definitely better from Live without Windburst and Vulnerable and BM feels and plays much like Legion, which was fine for the most part to me. Probs gonna do more extensive testing when 8.0 hits the PTR since that's pretty much when everything is locked in.
    Anyone complaining about numbers in BETA period should be muted. Fixed it for ya. Like I said. no one knows. Even in PTR its not final.

Anyone complaining about numbers in BETA period should be muted. Fixed it for ya. Like I said. no one knows. Even in PTR its not final.
    Sorry yes that's what I meant to say, but the sky is definitely falling, doom and gloom, etc etc for Balance mechanically.

Deleted
    Do you really think they will change much? During legion beta not much changed until live. Balance is literally one of the most boring speccs on beta.

Do you really think they will change much? During legion beta not much changed until live. Balance is literally one of the most boring speccs on beta.
    Numbers, yes. Mechanics, no.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty disappointed in Blizzard for even entertaining that ridiculous shit post about druid form and consent, yet ignoring myriads of constructive feedback on class design. I get that they have a massive amount of drivel to wade through before coming to the useful stuff but this takes the biscuit. Remember the comments about wax and wane before it went live -Blizzard flat out ignored the feedback and then had to rein everything back in when players were basically spamming moonfire and topping the damage. It looks as though I'll be abandoning my dear old lazor-chicken after about 10 years -I don't mind not being FOTM or topping the metres, I just want something a bit more engaging than spamming wrath in the hopes the encounter hasn't finished before I have enough AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in Blizzard for even entertaining that ridiculous shit post about druid form and consent, yet ignoring myriads of constructive feedback on class design. I get that they have a massive amount of drivel to wade through before coming to the useful stuff but this takes the biscuit. Remember the comments about wax and wane before it went live -Blizzard flat out ignored the feedback and then had to rein everything back in when players were basically spamming moonfire and topping the damage. It looks as though I'll be abandoning my dear old lazor-chicken after about 10 years -I don't mind not being FOTM or topping the metres, I just want something a bit more engaging than spamming wrath in the hopes the encounter hasn't finished before I have enough AP.
    Mmhmm, I've never really cared about playing FOTM (bonus points if my class/spec just happens to be it), I just enjoyed Mage back in 2.4.3 and stuck with it until this expansion, to which I wanted to play Druid (the ultimate non-pure) and enjoyed Balance, Guardian, and Resto. I'll likely be going Hunter at this moment in time, but I'm also looking at Warlock, Mage, and possibly a few other classes because I just want to have fun again. I sorta got stuck into only playing Balance for progression at this point and I'm rather sick of Legion Balance, and BfA Balance is literally Legion but significantly worse. It's a very hollow shell of a spec right now.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really a fan of Legion moonkin either -although I must admit sending the moon crashing into a bunch of mobs had its moments. It certainly became more enjoyable once I got ED/OI. I found the spec exceptionally stale to play between 7.0 and the actual release of Legion and the artefact, I levelled a second druid and it was equally mind numbing before getting the artefact -I'm still waiting for the leggos there.

I said on another thread, I don't really mind losing all of the bells and whistles that we accumulated but to make such a hatchet job of the spec overall is disappointing. I do think that Blizzard have never really been sure how they want moonkin to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in Blizzard for even entertaining that ridiculous shit post about druid form and consent, yet ignoring myriads of constructive feedback on class design.
    Do keep in mind that such posts are generally much easier for them to respond to, so they are more likely to do so. Not really related to them caring about the topic more, it's just easy for them to say something about it.

Theres alot of specs 'fun'.
    Surv is fun
    Ret is fun
    Arms is fun
    Demo is fun
    Disc is fun
    Holy is fun
    Outlaw if fun
    I see one caster DPS in that list, and I have no experience with lock. If I wasn't to play moonkin, ele shammy and mage would be my next in line, and I have heard that both ele and frost still seem to be "engaging," whatever that means.