Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    Why would you do that? No Master Loot = no loot funneling.

This would be a great shift in guild competition because suddenly some guilds with more competent players would be able to win against no lifers that funnel loot in the first 2-3 weeks with 3-4 heroic split-runs.

And with tier sets gone i don't see any use for master loot now anyways, you participate in killing a boss and get your fair chance at loot, if you want something specific you can increase your chances with bonus rolls.

Don't see any downside to that especially with the amount of loot you get nowadays.

Loot drops always were and will be random, the only addition i would like to see is a "smart" personal loot so your chance of getting the same item with the same itemlevel is reduced when you rekill a boss or something like that.
    Play multiple of the same class & just stick with whichever was luckiest in heroic week, or just play multiple toons as normal knowing that some classes will be stronger than others on certain fights. You make it an account-wide lockout & people will just buy multiple accounts. Blizzard won't stop split-running no matter how hard they try.

Those same guilds that spend more time splitting will just spend more time progressing and, more often than not, win anyway against the guild that's playing less.

Point of master loot is to just make the entire process quicker for a guild that will continue to use a loot council, as the majority of mythic raiding guilds will probably look to do. If it's tradeable, you trade it to the RL, and they loot council it... I don't like that system compared to what we currently have, and that's before getting into swapping loot spec for DPS players to get extra gear chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Best system would be Personal Loot but remove all trading restrictions if they are on the same realm.
    This would effectively be ML with more drops. After the kill you'd just send all loot to the loot master to distribute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I don't like the idea of taking away options from players. Personal loot is aids because you can't even trade gear if the item level is too high.
    That’s why Blizz wants to force it on us. More RNG means more time played.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Best system would be Personal Loot but remove all trading restrictions if they are on the same realm.
    The trading restriction exist for a reason, and no it's not because "Blizzard hates fun" it's to stop the toxic fuckers out there bullying people into giving up loot or losing their raid/guild spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    The trading restriction exist for a reason, and no it's not because "Blizzard hates fun" it's to stop the toxic fuckers out there bullying people into giving up loot or losing their raid/guild spot.
    Why be in a guild filled with toxic people like that in the first place? Maybe choose a guild that isn't absolutely terrible and this wouldn't be an issue

Deleted
    As for people liking ML loot, the quote in one of the signatures fits well: "Privilege is invisible to those who have it"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    Why be in a guild filled with toxic people like that in the first place? Maybe choose a guild that isn't absolutely terrible and this wouldn't be an issue
    Because the WoW playerbase is just chocker block full of people full of confidence, self-respect, ability, and self-assurance isn't it....

That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    Why would you do that? No Master Loot = no loot funneling.

This would be a great shift in guild competition because suddenly some guilds with more competent players would be able to win against no lifers that funnel loot in the first 2-3 weeks with 3-4 heroic split-runs.

And with tier sets gone i don't see any use for master loot now anyways, you participate in killing a boss and get your fair chance at loot, if you want something specific you can increase your chances with bonus rolls.

Don't see any downside to that especially with the amount of loot you get nowadays.

Loot drops always were and will be random, the only addition i would like to see is a "smart" personal loot so your chance of getting the same item with the same itemlevel is reduced when you rekill a boss or something like that.

Here's what's going to happen.

Guilds are no longer going to "split" run, but they will run multiple runs that will consist of 1, or both of the following.

1. Covering multiple classes (Guilds will want 5-6 of everything, 5-6 Rogues, 5-6 Hunters, 5-6 Warlocks etc) so they will do multiple runs to ensure they have whatever class is needed for whatever boss.

2. Guild has a guy who plays Hunter, and only Hunter. He makes 5 Hunters, and the guild does 5 runs. He now brings the one that gets lucky and get that's extra good trinket and weapon to Mythic.

It heavily nerfs loot funneling, but it doesn't kill the concept of running multiple instances of the same raid over multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    Excellent. Death to split raids.
    I do hate split raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I think they shouldn't prevent other loot options, if people desired them. Why not as an optional loot choice?
    They removed free for all, which I actually used in many situations.

Never understood why they want to remove these things, when they don't impact gameplay!
    They always do that, and it's so annoying. Then when people say "options" Blizz says "more options isnn't always a good thing" v_v
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Ion somehow manages to make raiding worse with each expansion. Lol @ people who think PL is even remotely close to the efficiency of ML. Can't wait to see guilds not meet dps checks in mythic because they got showered with trash tier stats for their spec but couldn't give it to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    The guy is cancer, Im yet to watch one of his interviews without a face palm.
    At this point he is like a bad politician. He uses a lot of words to say as little as possible. Talks about a few things they aren't happy with without any clear direction of how they will change. It is even worse if you watch a Q & A from a few months ago right before the newest one. If you do that you are guaranteed to see him do a 180 on multiple issues, again with nothing but vague ideas of the hows and whys they happen or will fix them. He is out of touch at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Ion somehow manages to make raiding worse with each expansion. Lol @ people who think PL is even remotely close to the efficiency of ML. Can't wait to see guilds not meet dps checks in mythic because they got showered with trash tier stats for their spec but couldn't give it to other people.
    It does seem like they are trying to push people from raiding into mythic +. Mythic raiding is constantly fighting several things and Blizzard keeps adding more to that list. Sure mythic raiding isn't for everybody, but as you lose the top end raiders the rest of the system starts to crumble around them. You can see how this has happened with pvp already.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    I read it in the complete opposite way. I hope i am wrong. They shoulden´t limmit our choice...
    Agreed.

ML should remain as an option.

They should also remove the "can't trade if it's a higher ilvl"-BS restriction on PL.

You guys realize that your raid has to be 80% of the same guild in order to even set it to Master Loot right? You also realize it's an "option" to enable said loot method right? Master Loot isn't a person behind your chair pointing a gun to your head saying " YOU BETTER ENABLE ME RIGHT NOW OR I'M BLOWING YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT MOTHERFUCKER". So why remove something that isn't causing issues? Makes 0 sense and that's why a lot of people are not happy about it.

If you prefer PL, awesome! Keep using PL! No one is stopping you. At the same time, guilds that have organized loot systems and prefer using ML because we want to have efficiency when it comes to handing out loot so we can get it to the right players/classes that will most benefit for the GUILDS PROGRESSION (not personal gain), let us keep that option. I haven't heard a single case where Master Loot went into a raid and killed everyone because it didn't get used. Personal Loot isn't efficient, someone could get a trinket that is complete garbage for them but is really good for someone else but they can't trade it because of the ilvl lock. Your tanks could get completely fucked and get maybe 1-2 pieces of loot for the first 3 weeks and not have enough stam/mitigation stats to survive a boss, your dps could get shitty itemized gear that they can't wear and or can't meet dps checks because you got unlucky on loot?

When you're in a competitive guild regardless if you're top 10 world or top 100 of your region, you need efficiency and consistency and PL doesn't give you either of those. So at the end of the day, if you like PL keep using it and if you don't like ML well then just ignore the little button and move on with your life and leave that option available to the people that do want to use it and have been using it for a very long time.
    Last edited by Strifelol; 2018-03-16 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    At this point he is like a bad politician. He uses a lot of words to say as little as possible. Talks about a few things they aren't happy with without any clear direction of how they will change. It is even worse if you watch a Q & A from a few months ago right before the newest one. If you do that you are guaranteed to see him do a 180 on multiple issues, again with nothing but vague ideas of the hows and whys they happen or will fix them. He is out of touch at this point.
    Thats what you get when hiring a lawyer to be the game director.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Gear trading is an option, but it only really works later in the tier, in other words it'll work exactly like people are doing now. The loss of ML will only significantly impact the first few weeks/months of a tier because people won't be able to trade gear due to the way gear trading works (you can only trade items if it's not an ilvl upgrade). It'll be a problem for a lot of guilds during progression.
    That was also an issue with making secondary stats more valuable than primary. If they actually do it right that gear will an upgrade in nearly every situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Play multiple of the same class & just stick with whichever was luckiest in heroic week, or just play multiple toons as normal knowing that some classes will be stronger than others on certain fights. You make it an account-wide lockout & people will just buy multiple accounts. Blizzard won't stop split-running no matter how hard they try.

Those same guilds that spend more time splitting will just spend more time progressing and, more often than not, win anyway against the guild that's playing less.

Point of master loot is to just make the entire process quicker for a guild that will continue to use a loot council, as the majority of mythic raiding guilds will probably look to do. If it's tradeable, you trade it to the RL, and they loot council it... I don't like that system compared to what we currently have, and that's before getting into swapping loot spec for DPS players to get extra gear chances.
    The split runs are most effective the 1st week or two. With personal loot the drops will be the highest ilevel in that slot. So you won't be able to trade any items in your split runs for at least a few weeks. At that point progression is over for the guilds who benefited the most from doing these runs.

There will be no benefit to doing a split run at that point unless you're purely trying to gear up an alt later in the tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Now can they just allow Mythic cross realm from the start and be done with it? Communities better allow it. They've killed every other system.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    why splitrun though if you can invest the time in m+? (in case personal loot was the only option)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That was also an issue with making secondary stats more valuable than primary. If they actually do it right that gear will an upgrade in nearly every situation.
    I don't think you understood what I was saying. I meant it's literally impossible to trade an item that's a higher item level than your highest piece for that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Okay so I have a 950 Haste/Crit ring as a Shadow Priest. I get a 965 ring to drop that has Versatility/Mastery. In a world where that's an upgrade for me, the game is so shallow that I won't be playing it anymore. You would have to have the primary stat on that ring so massively overpowered in comparison to secondary stats that they become entirely worthless.

You can't have a world where secondary stats are interesting to character progression and setup but small ilvl increases are upgrades despite having the worst secondaries. It simply won't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Pro tip: Ensure you know what has been replied to before you spout off about things. Look at who I replied to, and look at what they wrote. They claimed Master Loot was going away. If I had responded to you, then yeah... I'd agree I fucked up, but. I didn't, now did I? Open your eyes are read things before you reply/
    The person you replied to doesn't change any of what I said. You still fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    small ilvl increases are upgrades
    That's their plan for BfA (and worked (for the most part) prior to Legion), so...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    That's their plan for BfA (and worked (for the most part) prior to Legion), so...
    What?
    In WoD there were secondaries that had half the value of others. Before that there was reforging so a high ilvl piece could be made to have good secondaries.

Its like saying you didn't pay attention to hit rating / hit cap and put on the highest ilvl piece you had you'd be fine. Which is patently false.