Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    What is the source of "can't trade loot from PL if it's higher than your ilvl in that slot"? I've never heard of that and we're trading PL pieces in my guild all the time
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/49504

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You cannot trade an item if it has a higher item level than what you have previously looted for that gear slot/spec—this includes set items.
    The reason you can trade all willy nilly right now is legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    NM it's the TF and legendaries that get the ilvl up and cause the problem in your opinion I see.
    It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Item level inflation from legendaries allows you to trade items that you wouldn't be able to trade as easily in BfA. It's not an issue now because of legendaries and the fact that ML is still in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    that's subjective

This hasn't really been a thing since the start of legion, unless it's 80% guild you CAN'T use ML. It's why I only pug into guild groups if I have to pug, I will NOT use PL.
    Forgot about the second part. However the first part would be Blizzard's opinion since otherwise they wouldn't push for it. I have no opinion for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Item level inflation from legendaries allows you to trade items that you wouldn't be able to trade as easily in BfA. It's not an issue now because of legendaries and the fact that ML is still in the game.
    So basically it's a non issue? Ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So basically it's a non issue? Ok
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but considering how you weren't even aware of trading restrictions I'm not entirely surprised.

If they could get rid of the "you cant trade this item since its higher then yours" then its fine. Till then, nah.
    Cause i have gotten a wf/tf thing that is so high there is no chance in hell i well get something better so i wont be able to trade those things.

I dont mind personal loot usually, just dont like it when you CANT trade it when you dont need it at all (tho it does make an excuse to not trade it but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    why would any guild with a brain use Master loot over personal when the guild ends up with more loot by using personal
    Because some people don't want to get 5 of the same item. In before you say well trade it off then. I feel they're going to get rid of that too with the removal of master loot. Doesn't make sense to keep that feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not going away. Please stop with the knee-jerk reactions.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Did you read the post on the front page at all in the q and a? It most definitely sounds like it's being removed. Their argument being with no tier there's no point in keeping it and they don't like the top .01% of guilds like Method doing split runs to acquire gear faster via master loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    knee-jerk reactions.
    you mean the knee-jerk reaction where I was asking if it'll be removed based off of the response in the Q&A and created a discussion surrounding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    If they could get rid of the "you cant trade this item since its higher then yours" then its fine. Till then, nah.
    If you could trade it how you wish then it would essentially be the same as master looter, just more complicated for everyone involved. It wouldn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    If you could trade it how you wish then it would essentially be the same as master looter, just more complicated for everyone involved. It wouldn't make any sense.
    How would it be more complicated? You're going from a loot master assigning loot to your officers asking you to trade an item to somebody.

"Would it be a reasonable assumption that personal loot would be the only loot method going forward for current content"

"That would be a reasonable assumption"

Maybe not exact wording down to the T, but until they say otherwise that definitely leans more towards them ditching ML... better to "blow something out of proportion" and not have them do it, then to sit quietly as the do remove it.

It's obviously easier to give someone an item than to tell someone to give someone an item. Removing master looter but allowing free trading of personal loot would be a completely pointless change, it would accomplish nothing - split raids would still function the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    How would it be more complicated? You're going from a loot master assigning loot to your officers asking you to trade an item to somebody.
    Well, I could see it being an issue making sure EVERYONE loots the corpse and then making sure you're distinguishing between the loot from the corpse and bonus rolls. My guess is someone will develop/extend upon an addon, like current personal loot helper, to make sure EVERYONE is looting and keep a running tally of loot gained.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    It's obviously easier to give someone an item than to tell someone to give someone an item. Removing master looter but allowing free trading of personal loot would be a completely pointless change, it would accomplish nothing - split raids would still function the same.
    They'd actually be worse.... You'd run your split raids in all one armor type.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, I could see it being an issue making sure EVERYONE loots the corpse and then making sure you're distinguishing between the loot from the corpse and bonus rolls. My guess is someone will develop/extend upon an addon, like current personal loot helper, to make sure EVERYONE is looting and keep a running tally of loot gained.

- - - Updated - - -
    I forgot about that annoying addon that screams out X Player has an item that can be an upgrade for Y player. I'm not sure which annoyance I get more annoyed with, announcements or using the antiquated loot system
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    This is true only if you have the same or higher ilvl than dropped. With Titanforging, this is a real pain in the ass.

Situation: You and Player B (same class and spec) are running. You are both a dual wielding class, lets say Sub Rogue (just because it is quick to type and illustrates my point). You get your 5th dagger to drop out of a raid. The first two were upgrades, so you used them. The next 2 were each 5 ilvl higher than the previous ones you had, couldn't trade either. Number 5 is 5 ilvl higher than you had. "Yay for upgrades you say! I can use this!" Then you look at PlayerB. He has been having shit luck with Personal Loot and, since this is first raid tier and you are now 2 months in, he is still using shit blue heroic dungeon daggers. But you cannot trade that new dagger to him because it is a tiny upgrade for you, but a MASSIVE upgrade from him. As a whole, it would be (let's say) a 3% DPS increase for you, but a 25% DPS increase for him. It would definitely make progression easier. But, oh well, Personal Loot, lawlz, he is stuck with his shit heroic blue daggers and you get a tiny upgrade that could have been Master Looted to someone else that would have helped your raid group as a whole with progression.

This is why Personal Loot can be a pain in the ass. I think if they made it so that you could trade up to, say, 10 ilvl higher than what you had, then it would be fine. 15ilvl+ is likely going to be a pretty big upgrade for you as well.
    Ah, I didn't know it worked like that. That's extremely fucking useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

They can't lift the ilvl requirement for trading gear or else that defeats the purpose of trying to "kill splits". I've said this multiple times, if top end guilds want to raid 17 hours a day running splits so they can get world firsts, then let them. You don't NEED to run splits or raid 17 hours a day to be a decent guild or clear a tier at a decent rate. I raid 4 days 4 hours a day the first two weeks of a new tier, then we raid 3 days 4 hours a day the rest of the tier because I choose to not because I'm forced to. We don't run splits, we only extend the raid maybe 1 hour if we're extremely close to a kill on a hard boss (usually only end tier boss) and that's it. We ended up finishing US 34 this tier without running splits, beating even some guilds that did run splits. No one forced us to do it and we CHOSE not to and still did well. ML isn't an issue, hasn't been for a very long time, no one is forcing you to use it. So let us keep using an OPTION and stop trying to balance the game around world first/extremely hardcore raiding guilds.
    Last edited by Strifelol; 2018-03-17 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I have a ilvl 200 Crit/Mastery weapon (because weapon drops will be a thing again). I get a 205 Haste/Versa weapon which is inferior to the one I'm using. Using current PL loot I cannot trade this to another player that has a 175 weapon and could really use a new one. Or I could get a ilvl 205 chest that is worse than my current 195 chest because it has different stats/Azerite powers. Again, cannot trade it.

There is no reason to get rid of Master Loot. Personal is good for pugs, but for guilds you want maximum control on who gets the loot. And it's not like loot councils will cease to exist anyway; if Player A gets something that is an upgrade for them but can be traded, LC will still take over to see if it's a bigger upgrade for someone else.

As for getting rid of split runs, lulz. Not only is that such a small problem as to be close to insignificant, but guilds will just stack the fuck out of one class per run and choose whichever alt is the luckiest like they did for legendaries early in Legion.
    This i have stated should be changed,and item level upgrade item should be made trade able.
    At least they are making split raid difficult. After posting many times in this thread i would say ML has it demerit which i am sure u cannot deny and ML in guilds who are not those 100 hardcore raider doesn't even matter . As they fails to kill mythic boss due to lack of skill which 2% dps increase will not even matter, even every raid member of this guild get amanthul they will never kill mythic boss until they do mechanics properly so at the end it becomes nothing but a fancy/worthless ML system. But again people who loses power in system change will always protest regardless of any reason

Blizzard do what Blizzard do. Remember they killed like 100s of guilds to "balance" mythic raiding "better" by cutting the 10 man option. This isn't outside of their scope. That was to better the game for about 2-3% of the raiders at the top. Although I doubt this would kill many guilds. It would mostly just lead to a lot of loot whores flipping out and quitting. Maybe a few guilds will suffer along the way.