Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Anyway thats just my idea of an interesting class that would really change things up in the game.
    i'm not saying to not add new classes anymore, but all of this weirdness could be cleared up by putting a racial theme on certain classes depending on your race.

hell, it could even open up some classes to races that didn't previously have them. if i were in charge of blizz, it's what i'd do.

imagine, in a wow with this system... you could have draenei warlocks even, just call them augari. replace all of their fel stuff with arcane stuff, demons with arcane entities.

so much they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Did I miss something? Where is priest option?!
    Wowhead is saying Dark Iron and Mag'har both have priest classes. Don't know why MMO champion hasn't updated that information yet.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=283256/b...rc=distroscale
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-04-04 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Wowhead is saying Dark Iron and Mag'har both have priest classes. Don't know why MMO champion hasn't updated that information yet.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=283256/b...rc=distroscale
    they just updated the info, DI and mag har are getting priests aswell, i was pretty much spot on with the classes for the orcs :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hm, not terrible, but a bit too regal honestly. Thankfully, we have the Shadowmoon set.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why are they allowing orcs to be priests?
    Same reason why forsaken can be priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Just....why monks? Why do most of the allied races have monks?

I get nightborn seeing as Monks likely taught some during the rebellion but Au orcs?!
    Considering how all monks but pandaren were just taught by some pandaren instructors at the beginning of cata, I don't see how they couldn't do the same for new arrivals.

We have orc priests now, but no Mag'har warlocks. I hope they change that. In lore, warlocks are shunned in the majority of races where it is a class option, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to restrict the class from a new race just because they hate the fel. It's odd how it's not an option for Mag'har orcs when there are plenty of examples of Iron Horde orc warlocks ingame. I don't know whether AU Ner'zhul is considered a shadow priest or affliction warlock, but his theme is what I was hoping to go for with my Mag'har orc.
    Last edited by Danvash; 2018-04-04 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    I really feel like WoW is in desperate need for another class that can bridge the gap between what makes sense lore-wise and how the current classes are designed.

For instance, in what way does it make sense to have Mag'har priests? - because of the shadowmoon clan of course, which focused on shadow and spiritual magic. Only a part of the priest-class matches this fantasy and most of the priest class in general is designed after the Human holy faith.

Take another race, Trolls for instance. In lore they have Witch Doctors which sits somewhere between a shaman and a priest in terms of what kind of magic they use. Shaman however focuses so much on the elements and very little on the spiritual side, priests focuses very little on Voodoo and ritualistic shadow magic and a lot on the Holy light and the Void.

Of course it would be amazing if Blizzard implemented different visual effects and spells(while still functioning the same as their equivalents) for the same class but to stay true to race fantasy, but this is something they would never do, way too much work.

The best solution would be to have more classes to bridge the gap between lore and game-design. We have multiple classes focusing on Frost, Holy and Fel and Fire, why not add something to bring another layer to shadow and spiritual magic?

I've wanted a new caster class for so long now, all three classes added in expansions have been melee and it would be a refreshing addition to the game to have another caster to play. A class that focuses on ritualistic magic.

I'm imagining three specializations:

Spiritual (obviously not the name of the spec, just a description of it) - A spec that draws upon the powers of the ancestors and nature to enhance his magic. This would work well with both Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Draenei and even Night elves. Something lighter and spiritual than a Shaman and a different take on nature than druidic magic.

Blood - A ritualistic spec that focuses on the blood magic we've seen both Mogu and Bleeding hollow Orcs use. Dark ritualistic magic that feeds on the life and blood of your victims to enhance power, or restore the life essence, of yourself or your allies. A healing and buff-type spec.

Shadow - Something that fits between a Warlock and a Priest, designed closer to the shadow magic used by the Shadowmoon Clan. Drawing upon the raw energies of the twisting nether to tear rifts in reality, using void totems and even summoning dark creatures to focus your power. Perhaps even sprinkle some voodoo spells in there to fit the Witch Doctor theme.

Anyway thats just my idea of an interesting class that would really change things up in the game.
    What we really need are just cosmetically racial variants of certain classes, with their own spell effects.

For example Night Elf Priests have silver spells instead of golden. Orc Mages have rough, primal-looking spell animations. Tauren Paladins have orangey sun-themed visuals.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-04-04 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Just....why monks? Why do most of the allied races have monks?

I get nightborn seeing as Monks likely taught some during the rebellion but Au orcs?!
    The Pandaren teach everyone that wants to be taught. There were Pandaren who crossed over to Draenor since WoD came after MoP. Hell, I played a Pandaren Monk through out all of WoD, so there's a psuedo-canon example of how they could be involved.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    We have orc priests now, but no Mag'har warlocks. I hope they change that. In lore, warlocks are shunned in the majority of races where it is a class option, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to restrict the class from a new race just because they hate the fel. It's odd how it's not an option for Mag'har orcs when there are plenty of examples of Iron Horde orc warlocks ingame. I don't know whether AU Ner'zhul is considered a shadow priest or affliction warlock, but his theme is what I was hoping to go for with my Mag'har orc.
    Mag'har warlock is impossible. The word "mag'har" litterally means uncorrupted, as in "NO FEL ALLOWED!", meaning they are brown/black/grey/white (the original orc skin colours) and not fel tainted green. The Iron Horde has no warlocks whatsoever, they have void abusing shadowmoon priests. Tanaan has warlocks, sure, but that's the Fel Horde of Gul'dan.

AU Ner'zhul is a shaman using the void, which is impossible in the game, so priest makes sense, though as would affliction warlock too, to a degree. Minus the fel, demons, curses etc.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2018-04-04 at 01:35 PM.

While not deep and conclusive lore, there is at least one documented case of a brown orc already being a monk ala Bruto in addition to Blademasters being monk-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I know that this is a recurring problem with the class, but the idea of Orcs casting Light spells and displaying angel wings is just kind of weird to me.
    i agree. Sounds silly. just like orc paladins.

I cringed about Orc Mages but Mag'har Mages? Really?

And the priests... Holy Orcs...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post

And the priests... Why...
    The Burning Blade has pyromancers in mage t11 in Talador, and the Shadowmoon clan is basically all shadow priests.

Priests have always had the issue that only one or two specs really fit the races they're available to. Shadow for Undead (the Light actually burning Forsaken alive when they used it was still canon at that point) and Trolls (neither Light nor Shadow really fit Loa worship) being the main offenders. It's pretty obvious Mag'har get them just because of the Shadowmoon, but the whole 'Holy/Disc don't fit' problem isn't unique to them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNein View Post
    While not deep and conclusive lore, there is at least one documented case of a brown orc already being a monk ala Bruto in addition to Blademasters being monk-ish.
    It's a bit like these priests. As in, he is shown as a monk because there isn't a brawler-type class in the game, so sure, monk makes sense... Ish.

Terms of surrender for Highmaul to the Iron Horde included teaching them the Arcane. It's in one of the short stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I'm not like zealously against the idea, it just seems a little odd to me. Orcs to me just aren't creatures of faith, they put value in deeds and the actions of their ancestors, not some faceless entity that could be anything. They seem a much more "I believe what I see" kind of race.
    You are wasting your time arguing man. Orc priest make no sense. The only reason why they did that is because Blizzard loves diversity and is super pro LGBT.
    Honestly im happy we still only have 2 gender option for each race.

They aren't holy. It should be pretty obvious they get priests from the Shadowmoon and they are all shadow. Just like within the lore, Forsaken are 99.9999% shadow.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Priests have always had the issue that only one or two specs really fit the races they're available to. Shadow for Undead (the Light actually burning Forsaken alive when they used it was still canon at that point) and Trolls (neither Light nor Shadow really fit Loa worship) being the main offenders. It's pretty obvious Mag'har get them just because of the Shadowmoon, but the whole 'Holy/Disc don't fit' problem isn't unique to them.
    ...... What? There are specific light Loa (Rezan) and shadow and the void doesn't fit? Wuuuuuuuuut? Bwomsamdi, G'huun, Ueetay no Mueh'zala, they are all Loa of shadow, death, insanity etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedNein View Post
    Terms of surrender for Highmaul to the Iron Horde included teaching them the Arcane. It's in one of the short stories.
    Oh right! Yeah sure, with the stones and everything. Besides, orcs are remnants of a titanforged race, like humans and ogres, which means they are actually quite adept at using the arcane.