Poll: How often do you farm?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Deathcharger's Reins challenge 2018.

Hello everyone,
    How many of you are still farming it? how many of you gave up? How many of you do we hate for their quick drop?

I dare you.

From this moment on, let´s see how many of you get it, regardless of your 11 years of farming it, let´s see who gets it the first from right this post, consider it s fresh motivational start!

Post a screenshot dated after 16th March 2018 with your drop.

If you got it yesterday, too bad, unlucky you, you are out of this game ... (see the bitterness there?)

I will be hated for this but i have under 10 runs and got it twice.
    Does it count when i drop a third one?
    Last edited by Critical92; 2018-03-16 at 12:05 PM.
    Dying could endanger your health!

It took me about 250 runs

Did it on my lock when metamorphosis and hellfire combo still existed. I just spammed the fire with the expanded area of aoe glyph and the runs were incredibly fast.

Got also two rivandare swords i cant use for transmog unfortunately.

If by Deathcharger's Reins you mean the stratholme farmable mount then I'm sorry to break it to you but it's not a problem at all to get it.

Even if you are among the extremely unlucky ones, and it takes you like 300 tries, Stratholme is not on any kind of lockout, so you can just spam clear it and get it in 1-2 weeks tops.

Making this a big deal is just funny to me while we have mounts that are dropped from world bosses with a 1/2000 chance and can only be killed once per week on one toon. People are farming them for years with 20+ characters to get a drop. Not to mention the elusive love rocket.

So yeah...congrats on your personal achievement, but in the grand scheme of (mount farming) things, it's really nothing special.

Why not make it about the new Midnight mount? That's far less faceroll to obtain.

God I wish they'd visually update all mounts, imagine Rivendare's Deathcharger using the Vicious skeletal war horse level of HD...

To make you feel better, I started farming for this late TBC, 5 runs a day, 7 days a week for 3 1/2 years before I got it to drop. If I missed a day, I ran 10 the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't vote, got it in like 50 runs. Which is a lot.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went I think about 180 runs back on my rogue in WoTLK. Each run took around 25 min if I didn't screw something up. Went completely mad before it dropped. You know mad at the level that when you get it you don't know what to do with your playtime so you almost go back to farming it some more :P

Today it's so easy so you have no right to complain

Deleted
    Had it on 5 toons before they made mounts cross account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was farming it once of twice a week for an hour or 2-3. This was back when mounts weren't BoA yet. Was that somewhere around Cata?
    Anyway, I wanted it on my Warlock so was grinding on that guy. Probably 150 or so kills later and seeing the sword drop twice I figured lets get that sword on my paladin then.

2nd kill the mount dropped for my paladin... o_O That was a mixed bag I can tell you, since I hardly played that guy and wanted the sword but got the mount on a char I didn't even really play. I wanted that thing for my main! I ended up doing another 30 or so kills on my Warlock and he then got it too.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Can't vote, got it in like 50 runs. Which is a lot.
    I am jealous. I have run it at least 200 times, if not more, and still have never gotten it.

I paid someone to bot my account til I got that and other dungeon mounts like 5 years ago.

57 runs.

/10 chars
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

15+ Year Old Account
    This would be the luckiest mount I've ever got, I got it on my 52 lvl Hunter in Cata, while doing the LFG.

Not only it dropped, but I also won the roll, beating 4 other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I am jealous. I have run it at least 200 times, if not more, and still have never gotten it.
    Well, shit - that's unlucky. With a drop chance of 0.8% after 200 runs there is a 79.93% probability chance of it to drop for you.

1 - ((1 - 0.008)^200) ≈ 0.7993

The Stratholme mount? I got it out of a tanking bag in Cataclysm when they had a chance to drop mounts and pets.

I probably tried farming for it for a couple of weeks in BC because I wanted my Paladin to ride a Death Knight style mount...which didn't matter once they became completely account wide anyways since I had Forsaken mounts.

Got mine on my DK in wotlk after ~ 10 attempts, having that gateway to vendor greys and run back was really clutch.

I usually didn't grind super hard though, usually a few runs here and there.

#SuperLucky

I got it after 127 attempts straight, back at the begining of WoTLK. Prior to that I used to have a farming party during vanilla and burning crusade. I saw it drop like 3 times. I lost it all three times.

Number of attempts? who knows at this point but probably close to 1000 over the years. so yeah, insanity took over control for me.

Got it after like 200 runs total
    I even saw it drop in a random dungeon once while queing at that level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?