Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trump brags about lying and having no clue what he's talking about

Donald Trump bragged that he made up facts in a meeting with the Canadian prime minister, Justin Trudeau, according to an audio recording obtained by the Washington Post.

The US president – notorious for making false claims on countless issues – admitted he told Trudeau that America has a trade deficit with its neighbour when he “had no idea” if that was true.

The office of the US trade representative states that the American goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $12.5bn in 2016.

According to the recording, Trump told guests at a fundraising dinner in Missouri: “Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please.’

“Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in – ‘Donald we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed … So he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know … I had no idea.

“I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid … And I thought they were smart.”

Trump went on: “I said, ‘You’re wrong Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check because I can’t believe it.’ ‘Well, sir, you’re actually right. We have no deficit but that doesn’t include energy and timber … And when you do, we lose $17bn a year.’ It’s incredible.”

The Office of the United States Trade Representative has said the US has a trade surplus with Canada, the Post reported.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...justin-trudeau

So basically the logic of this is, I had no idea what I was talking about so I made up a lie on the spot ("because we're so stupid"), but then it turned out my bluff was true after all, aren't I clever?

Presumably he also made up the $17b part kek.

In short, confirming what everyone already knows about the shit he says, from his own mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Trump supporters don't care.

This is basically Trump's entirely presidency with lying, not knowing what he's talking about, and not caring.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This is basically Trump's entirely presidency with lying, not knowing what he's talking about, and not caring.
    Naw, it's his whole life. Trump has been Trump for a long time, it's not like he started being this way on his third (or was it forth) Presidential run.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

"Nice guy, good-looking guy..."
    Why is it that Trump always feels compelled to judge the merit of a person based on how they look, even men?

Yes, I'd like to have my competency evaluated based on my looks, judged by a person who has the fashion sense of a 13 year old boy and a troll doll.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    it's worse, they (like Trump) think it's either cool or shows how untouchable we are that we can just lie to our closest allies and they can't do anything about it!

CLEARLY, HE WAS JOKING. /caps
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    No, they sure don't. They are proud members of the cult of ignorance - and their dear leader is infallible in their eyes.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Why is it that Trump always feels compelled to judge the merit of a person based on how they look, even men?

Yes, I'd like to have my competency evaluated based on my looks, judged by a person who has the fashion sense of a 13 year old boy and a troll doll.
    Narcissism. It's all-encompassing.

Deleted
    According to the recording, Trump told guests at a fundraising dinner in Missouri: “Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please.’

“Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in – ‘Donald we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed … So he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know … I had no idea.

“I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid … And I thought they were smart.”

Trump went on: “I said, ‘You’re wrong Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check because I can’t believe it.’ ‘Well, sir, you’re actually right. We have no deficit but that doesn’t include energy and timber … And when you do, we lose $17bn a year.’ It’s incredible.”

Is there a step-by-step breakdown available for the quoted text? It seems that school indeed did not prepare me for the challenges of the real world as despite generally performing very well on tests of linguistic ability all I get out of it is a migraine.

I think I finally know what it feels like to be dyslexic.
    Last edited by mmoc422ae73adc; 2018-03-16 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So at what point are other governments supposed to look at Trump's diplomatic behavior and say "we can trust this man"? Because Trump is now bragging about lying to our closest ally in pretty much everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So at what point are other governments supposed to look at Trump's diplomatic behavior and say "we can trust this man"? Because Trump is now bragging about lying to our closest ally in pretty much everything.
    Yeah, as I said in another thread, I think Canada + Mexico + Australia/NZ + EU all need to put sanctions on the US, yesterday. Close embassies, break off relations until we get rid of this clown show.

10+ Year Old Account
    So at what point are other governments supposed to look at Trump's diplomatic behavior and say "we can trust this man"?
    Pretty sure that happened when Trump decided to share Israeli intelligence with the Russian without their permission or approval. There have been news reports already where countries have said they are pulling back on what is shared with the US because they don't trust this administration.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Pretty sure that happened when Trump decided to share Israeli intelligence with the Russian without their permission or approval. There have been news reports already where countries have said they are pulling back on what is shared with the US because they don't trust this administration.
    True, but this is different. This wasn't correct information that shouldn't have been handed over. This was an outright lie. Which Trump has now admitted was an outright lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but this is different. This wasn't correct information that shouldn't have been handed over. This was an outright lie. Which Trump has now admitted was an outright lie.
    Oh I get it now. Sorry not enough covfefe. You meant not trusting information going to the US (that bridge was burnt a while ago) but information coming from the US.

Frankly, any government who was looking at the Trump administration thinking "this is a trustworthy administration" deserves whatever they get. It was pretty clear from the beginning Trump's relationship with the truth was casual...at best.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by SignalBlitzkrieg View Post
    Is there a step-by-step breakdown available for the quoted text? It seems that school indeed did not prepare me for the challenges of the real world as despite generally performing very well on tests of linguistic ability all I get out of it is a migraine.

I think I finally know what it feels like to be dyslexic.
    That's an easy one. It even has periods.

<engages Advanced Mode>

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You forgot the time he started talking about crowd sizes.

So that's day 1 I think.

I suppose we should be glad he has at least some self-awareness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    That's an easy one. It even has periods.

<engages Advanced Mode>

*snip*
    Dude... I think we all agree that we should stop smoking and exercise more but you can't post things like that on forums people browse at work or you'll get some unsuspecting programmer fired for viewing stroke-grade syntax gore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing he only lies when there's good cause to, if he were to just bullshit an ally for no discernible reason he would just be a pathological liar!