Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Potentially gender-locked Alied Race

What would your reaction be like, if Blizzard would introduce an Alied race with only one gender option? Do you think they could even consider this? What race would make sense as a gender-locked race and why? Would be it maleor female? It's random random hypothetical thought, but as we know everything can be possible in this game.

The only option I see for now there is Banshee race for Horde as female high-elf undead race, with hover body, floating hair, spiritual form and quite narrow class variety.

Have we ever seen female Ogre ?

That could also be some kind of "ungendered" species if they ever go into that direction, as for Drustvar (I know they probably won't be playable ever, that's just for the example), which could be only one "type" without proper gender.

Don't we already have this with the Blood Elves? I mean, they are all female, right? :-)

Banshee as a race? Not really. Banshee is a spiritual form, not a race...
    We don't need the gender-locked race - what's the point?

Where are you people are getting these ideas from...

What next? Gender locked classes? WoW become F2P with slut costumes in gameshop?

People you really nutz. With Allied Races its already not likely we will ever see standalone full races. Now you want make already lazy Blizzard become even more lazy by releasing one gender races? WTF wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Don't we already have this with the Blood Elves? I mean, they are all female, right? :-)
    Ya, just be careful the trans rights activists will be up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Banshee as a race? Not really. Banshee is a spiritual form, not a race...
    We don't need the gender-locked race - what's the point?

Where are you people are getting these ideas from...
    Spectre is the male form of a Banshee in game currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Have we ever seen female Ogre?
    Yes, just not in-game.

Ogre Child
    Karrga

It's also stated in Traveler that there were as many female ogres as there were males in Dire Maul.

Fiona Shrek

Ogres will be gender-locked, for me atleast.

Aparently so. They're meant to have very low gender dimorphis, so the men and women are almost indistinguisable. I'd wager they'll change that a lot if they become a playable race.

I'm game for this. Mostly because I would LOVE to play as a Harpie. They could have a flying version of running wild as a mount. Also, it's been remarked that they may be a lot more intelligent than they seem (similar to some Gnolls) so maybe they can help the Alliance to fight the Tauren. They'd be super weird and unique as a playable faction.

Also Shivara would be awesome. We've already had a lot allied with the other races (through the Demon Hunters). I'm pretty sure the multiple arms wouldn't even be that big a deal. Most of the time they just use two weapons anyway

As another demon race that could be free of the Legion, how about Sayaad? I'm not sure how the demons races would work though if they're still tied to Warlocks.

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall Vindictus and Archeage where entire classes were gender locked. Likely an eastern MMO thing. Those playerbases largely (ish) accepted it likely because it was established as premise for playing the game at all. WoW players feel a bit more entitled than that I bet Not sure we'd get away with it even for just races.

Maybe a genderless mech-race!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    As another demon race that could be free of the Legion, how about Sayaad? I'm not sure how the demons races would work though if they're still tied to Warlocks.
    I think it's curious that the Succubus have no apparent males, and the Dreadlords apparently don't have females, yet they look like eachother.

Dont forget Mogu. There are only 2 females amongst them.

No, that would be a stupid idea. Blizzard has nothing to gain by introducing something like this.

it's mostly something they do in lesser games because it's cheaper. and they usually just end up with 30 different females instead.

That could also be some kind of "ungendered" species if they ever go into that direction, as for Drustvar (I know they probably won't be playable ever, that's just for the example), which could be only one "type" without proper gender.
    Yeah we've seen female Ogres, they're everywhere. The only difference is 'under the loincloth' if you wanted to look......
    (not canon but well within the bounds of reason more than a few species have very little differentiation between genders)
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    I would be fine with alied races who only have 1 gender. or "no" gender Such as. Furbogs, are they male? female? So just lets make No gender. Same goes for many stuff i think it would open up for the more advance races

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    You're joking, which is cool, but I don't understand people who seriously think this way. Yes, male Blood Elves are narcissistic and metrosexual (with long hair to boot), but look at how freakin' RIPPED they are. The muscles, broad shoulders, chiseled chins, and not thin waists make them stand out as very male to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of gender locked classes comes from some Free to play games like TERA and some other korean MMOs, usually they can be developed faster because is only a tiny combination of races and gender, for example the gunner in TERA is only accessible to female of 2 races (3 through irl money).
    The pro of this aproach for me is: unique gear.
    In wow some NPCs have unique pieces of clothing that are not available to players because all gear must look good on all races (at least that's the argument most players agree, I think its bullshit tho) now if that particular gear is only available to 2 posible female races they can go wild with the designs.