Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why are monks being tied to Pandaria?

I don't like the decision that the new allied races can't be monks. It doesn't make much sense, as it's something that can be learned. There are monk trainers scattered across Azeroth now. It's not like a Death Knight, where it's technically in the past. Theoretically any new race can 'choose' to pick up the ways of being a monk.

What I'm trying to say is that Zandalari should be able to be monks. Any new race should be able to.
    If they can become warriors, they can become monks too.

Not even going to answer your first question, but if you read lore you'd understand why Zandalari wouldn't be monks.

Not to mention that if we assume they are getting paladins they could be every single non-hero class race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would the pandaren teach how to be monks to zandalari, when the zandalari are the race that helped the mogu enslave them for thousands of years, and ressurected their leader, attempting to enslave the pandaren again.

its like suddenly if the draenei just started teaching the light to demons...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

In short you don't give tools to your former slavemasters buddies especially when they just got done trying to bring your slavemasters back to life
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I don't like the decision that the new allied races can't be monks. It doesn't make much sense, as it's something that can be learned. There are monk trainers scattered across Azeroth now. It's not like a Death Knight, where it's technically in the past. Theoretically any new race can 'choose' to pick up the ways of being a monk.

What I'm trying to say is that Zandalari should be able to be monks. Any new race should be able to.
    Uhm, I'm sorry but I doubt any pandaren with honour would teach a Zandalari the way of the monks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, I'm sorry but I doubt any pandaren with honour would teach a Zandalari the way of the monks.
    I'm somewhat doubtful any would ask to be taught, anyway.

But Undead Monks are totally cool, right?!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why would the pandaren teach how to be monks to zandalari, when the zandalari are the race that helped the mogu enslave them for thousands of years, and ressurected their leader, attempting to enslave the pandaren again.

its like suddenly if the draenei just started teaching the light to demons...
    Wasn't around much during MOP, the story actually seems a lot better than I originally thought.
    Thanks for clearing this up, because I like the OP , was curious on why as well. Makes a whole lot of sense now.

so....nightborne, highmountain, and void elf can be monks....that's 3/4 of the current allied races....

darque

Deleted
    Omg... not the Zandalari again! Play one of the other new races... geez!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm somewhat doubtful any would ask to be taught, anyway.
    Well, yeah. The Zandalari are a very prideful race, pretty sure it hurt them offering their aid for the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

Well, the undead haven't tried as much shit against the Pandaren as the Zandalari has.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

In actuality, no.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

3 out of 4 allied races can be monks. And honestly, just read up on Pandaren lore, that's where you'll find the answer.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it is quite obvious that the majority did not like having the Horde around, Rastakhan was just humoring his daughter and when the shit hit the fan the Horde saves the day so there is some respect afterwards.
    Well, I did see some spoilers about our 'arrival' not being taken that welcoming after all.

Well, the undead haven't tried as much shit against the Pandaren as the Zandalari has.
    They do tend to bring along a lot of misery and well, how should I put this, foulness.

Well, I did see some spoilers about our 'arrival' not being taken that welcoming after all.
    It's a bit of a "well, you did help my daughter, and you're already here, might as well make use of you" feeling he gives you in early questing. Of course, he also thinks Zul is a loyal subject, so he's probably not the best judge of character.

I mean the way of the monk is taught by the August Celestials so of course it's tied to Pandaria.
    They could just say Zandalari monks are their own thing just like how Tauren Paladins are actually Sun Druids.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    why the mighty zandalari would bow down to the teachings of a lesser race like pandarens?

this is one of the classes that they should not need to have

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the way of the monk is taught by the August Celestials so of course it's tied to Pandaria.
    But it's only March.

But yeah, doubt any Pandaren would want to teach their former slave masters the ways they used to defeat their former slave masters.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think it would be more the Zandalari would not want to be taught by the Pandaren than the Pandaren not wanting to teach the Zandalari. The Pandaren are more forgiving especially monks so I think the Horde ones would be willing to let go of the past and teach their new allies, but the Zandalari are more prideful and would not want to be taught by their former allies slaves.