Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Immigration: let's learn from Japan

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/fore...rs-robots.html

NOTE: they are OPEN to receiving refugees!

But the government remains resistant to reforming immigration, beyond accepting skilled professionals, amid fears of disruptions to social order.
    the administration wants to use information technology, artificial intelligence, and female and elderly workers to deal with the labor shortage.
    "Policy makers have studied Germany's guest workers program and came to the conclusion that temporary migrants are a more rational migration strategy to maintain social stability and a consolidated identity," Nagy explained. "They also feel it prevents or minimizes the anti-migrant problems and violence seen in Europe and other countries."
    THIS is what is interesting AND important:
    "There is concern that Japan could face social problems and rising crime if it welcomes large unassimilated communities of foreign workers," echoed Jeff Kingston, director of Asian studies at Temple University Japan.
    Kudos to Japan!
    They DO realize that criminal immigration is just that - criminal.
    By definition.

They are VERY open to welcome actual refugees.

Technically open to refugees but take less than my home country even.

They just need engineers. They have enough weebs that teach english

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan is famously xenophobic and their population is declining.

They're hardly the posterchild for viable immigration strategies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

One possible immigration strategy is to innovate to overcome this, as the article seems to mention. Think about it. Populations high in intelligence generally have less kids, and should use this intelligence to compensate.

Yes, let us learn from Japan how to not be so xenophobic and isolationist we experience negative population growth.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Japan has a smart strategy because they are not made weak, unstable and dependent on mass migration. Especially as fertility rates shrink worldwide and there will soon be no place on earth to even import people from, Japan is at least dealing with its problems rather than hiding from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Yes, let us learn from Japan how to not be so xenophobic and isolationist we experience negative population growth.
    The world doesn't have an infinite supply of resources. We have more people alive now more than ever. As you have more people alive, you need fewer births per person to maintain or increase the population.

As of right now, we're still experiencing positive population growth. We're actually going to run into the issue of too many people, not too few.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Is there some law somewhere that says a countries population must grow forever?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Or better yet look at America and see how ass backwards their approach really is, but of course Japan has it’s own special brand of xenophobia which I’m sure it will never shake off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    The world doesn't have an infinite supply of resources. We have more people alive now more than ever. As you have more people alive, you need fewer births per person to maintain or increase the population.

As of right now, we're still experiencing positive population growth. We're actually going to run into the issue of too many people, not too few.
    We are nowhere near the max capacity and we're are developing the technology we would need to synthesis certain materials. Why does this matter... This statement is just all sorts of fucked up because countries have borders. If one part is overpopulated that does nothing for the countries that negative population or low population growth.

We're experiencing positive population growth in some places but not others. Japan is having problems with it's population.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-03-17 at 01:24 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

In all fairness Japan is about as unique as it gets with not only it’s culture but geography. Tiny spite of land that’s mostly vallys and mountains with most of the population crammed together. That and it’s predisposition for natural disasters.

There is a lot to admire about Japan. It's a country that is proud of it's traditions and heritage, unlike in the west where leftist governments despise our history and are trying to destroy society with mass immigration policies. It's sad that because of the left, things like nationalism or patriotism are seen as something evil. Your comment here demonstrates that you believe that protecting a culture is something abhorrent, that Japan should be a pariah for not following Europe into oblivion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    We are nowhere near the max capacity and we're able to synthesis materials we'd need. Why does this matter... This statement is just all sorts of fucked up because countries have borders.

We're experiencing positive population growth in some places but not others. Japan is having problems with it's population.
    A) Does a countries population need to grow forever? Isn't that unsustainable?
    B) If projected fertility rates happen as they seem to be happening there will be no place on Earth with above replacement rate birth rates so what then?
    C) Isn't this a parasitic relationship with other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    There is a lot to admire about Japan. It's a country that is proud of it's traditions and heritage, unlike in the west where leftist governments despise our history and are trying to destroy society with mass immigration policies. It's sad that because of the left, things like nationalism or patriotism are seen as something evil. Your comment here demonstrates that you believe that protecting a culture is something abhorrent, that Japan should be a pariah for not following Europe into oblivion.
    Oh sod off you eternal victim!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    A) Does a countries population need to grow forever? Isn't that unsustainable?
    B) If projected fertility rates happen as they seem to be happening there will be no place on Earth with above replacement rate birth rates so what then?
    C) Isn't this a parasitic relationship with other countries?
    A)Yes unless you want other countries to dictate how the world works and stifle development.. Yes, we are nowhere near max capacity.

B)Automation would replace most of the work force at that point so it seems like a non-issue.

C)No the people who leave there countries weren't forced they choose and we do world building everyday. How's that parasitic...
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-03-17 at 01:32 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Yea hating on the poor, not giving a shit about peoples health & well being and loving the the corporations and billionaires is what is considered patriotism. Apparently believing people deserve a basic quality of life, healthcare & education which could be covered by properly taxing corporations & the extremely wealth just makes you communist scum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    A)Yes unless you want other countries to dictate how the world works. Yes we are nowhere near max capacity.

B)Automation would replace most of the work force at that point so it seems like a non issue.

C)No the people who live there countries weren't force they choose how's that parasitic...
    A) Japan already doesn't dictate how the world works, and should every country be clamouring to be the next Imperial Dickhead?

B) Then why mass migration? Why bother with the hassle? Japan's refusal has put a great deal of pressure on its robotics department.

C) Fine, as the second line of questioning, if you'll indulge me, do you believe in carbon footprints and climate change? If so, why add to the number of resource hogs in America?

I can't tell, is this a new racist self-outing or is it a previously established racist repeating his outing?