Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was pretty tolerant of it until I lived in an apartment where the smoke was coming in from every direction, I moved out because the idea of not having clean air in my own home (and that fucking cigarette smell just hanging on every surface) was ridiculous, nobody should have to put up with that at home.

If they don't smoke near me, I don't care; unless they smell heavily of smoke when they're near me in say the workplace. Then I consider it a hygiene issue and report it as such. It's just like any other unwanted odor, you get told to go take a shower and change your clothes if you smell like BO.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2018-03-18 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I smoke specifically to irritate the crybaby anti smokers tbh.
    That's kind of where I am at this point tbh. Plus I like the ritual and feeling of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

As an ex smoker who had smoked continuously for twenty years and has quit for two, I feel a sense of pity for them now when I see them in public. I pity them because they are addicted and are missing out on so many wonderful benefits of being a non smoker. It's well documented that smoking changes your appearance for the worse, and it ages you more rapidly than you would normally have been. Plus smoking increases your chances of cancer and a plethora of other diseases.

Since having my last cigarette over 2 years ago ( I also do not vape ), I feel like a brand new person. I can breathe normally again. Because of that I no longer get winded after climbing a few flights of stairs. I no longer feel the need or the desire to brave the elements every time I want to smoke. Food tastes better. My hair and clothes don't smell like smoke. The list goes on, but those are somenof the big benefits.

This is why I feel so sad for them when I see them. They are missing out on so much, and they are getting so little in return. They are paying a huge price physically and financially just to enjoy 5 minutes of relief. And for most they dont even get enjoyment out of that because smoking is an addiction. It's something they feel they have to do, like breathing air.

I don't really mind smokers and if the smell starts getting annoying I'll just reposition myself to not have smoke flying in my face.

Still think it's a waste of money and health, but that's their business.

To all the non smoker busy bodies.

You dont like it. Stfu and move

I used to be one, back when you could smoke in hospitals.

As an ex-smoker, someone (worse than a non-smoker) I don't mind, a little cigarette shouldn't bother you, now if you wanna bitch about cigars, you have my support.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Like i said earlier in the thread, cars and public transport etc actually have a fucking use, smoking cigarrettes has absolutely zero beneficial effects and only detriments the user and those around them. Get a clue.
    Smoking can increase focus. #benefit

I personally don't mind if my friend's smoke. It is their choice. However, I usually move away or ask the smoker to move away as the smoke bothers me. I usually don't have a problem cause the other person usually understands if the smoke bothers you and smokes elsewhere. In cases of a random stranger is smoking and walking in front of me at the same pace, I usually begin outpacing that person so I can get ahead of him/her to avoid the smoke from behind.

The fact is, smoking effects those around you due to the scent.. and the inhalation of the smoke. The main reason I'm against weed is because of how potent the smell is and how far it travels, because the smell alone gives me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    The fact is, smoking effects those around you due to the scent.. and the inhalation of the smoke. The main reason I'm against weed is because of how potent the smell is and how far it travels, because the smell alone gives me a headache.
    So you yell at people for starting cars in a parking lot or driv8ng down the highway. Ipray you sont have your window down. The horror

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    So you yell at people for starting cars in a parking lot or driv8ng down the highway. Ipray you sont have your window down. The horror
    Alas, people don't regularly drive their cars into buildings. Parking lots, and highways both do not prevent people from smoking. Not sure what point you were trying to make here, if it wasn't just being edgy. I can't remember the last time I yelled at someone for anything, so that's untrue.

I feel disdain for the scent of smoke, just like I feel disdain every time a car drives past with music so loud it rattles my teeth. But I stop thinking about it a minute afterwards, it's one of those common day annoyances from inconsiderate people usually.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2018-03-18 at 05:55 AM.

I do wonder how many of these people that are so against smoking are totally ok w/Weed though.

There is a lot of that where I live.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Akachan View Post
    As an ex smoker who had smoked continuously for twenty years and has quit for two, I feel a sense of pity for them now when I see them in public. I pity them because they are addicted and are missing out on so many wonderful benefits of being a non smoker. It's well documented that smoking changes your appearance for the worse, and it ages you more rapidly than you would normally have been. Plus smoking increases your chances of cancer and a plethora of other diseases.

Since having my last cigarette over 2 years ago ( I also do not vape ), I feel like a brand new person. I can breathe normally again. Because of that I no longer get winded after climbing a few flights of stairs. I no longer feel the need or the desire to brave the elements every time I want to smoke. Food tastes better. My hair and clothes don't smell like smoke. The list goes on, but those are somenof the big benefits.

This is why I feel so sad for them when I see them. They are missing out on so much, and they are getting so little in return. They are paying a huge price physically and financially just to enjoy 5 minutes of relief. And for most they dont even get enjoyment out of that because smoking is an addiction. It's something they feel they have to do, like breathing air.
    I have been a smoker for 20 years.

I started when I was 21 I was a bouncer at a night club and noticed only the smokers got breaks, next day I came in w/a pack of ciggarettes.

I quit smoking for just about a half a year, and in that time I gained over 60lbs, and honestly felt worse then I did when I smoked. I since then have started up again (although not at much) and the weight came off.

I do diet and exercise both when I had quit, and now.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    I really don't mind people that smoke, like at all. A lot of my friends do and we always get to go outside when chatting so they can smoke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    if u are in public waiting for a bus and someone starts smoking close to u, how does that make u feel? do u accept friends who smoke? can they smoke if they are ur place? would smoking be a bad sign in dating for u?
    I'm asthmatic and second hand smoke is something I do react to. My asthma is in a pretty good place right now, so I don't need to medicate with inhaler anymore (I'm on other meds tho) but it is sill bad enough that it get extremely uncomfortable if someone is smoking near me, or their smoke is blowing in my direction. Closest description I could think of is that it feels like my lungs just suddenly lost 50% of their capacity. It's horrible.
    If a friends smokes ye well they smoke, but I wouldn't let them smoke near me or at my place - never. Never also goes for potential dates, I would never date a smoker.

People who smoke in public make me so mad I run into an alley to shoot up, just to calm myself down.

When I was a teen I cleaned windows for this lady who was a heavy smoker, it was like this brown coating all over the window from the cigarette smoke.

I don't care if people smoke around me unless it's a prolonged situation or where there's no ventilation.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

They are a dying breed...

7+ Year Old Account
    I kind of look down on smokers.