Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because it is bad, degrade the horde, make the title once a great responsibility into a joke, after Garrosh we want stability not bullshit internal conflicts again, put this plot now to the alliance.

With sylvanas however, it can't be stability, she start a full war and now is doing everything to win this war, with the pragmatic moves everyone likes, saying that, a undead high elf cannot be warchief in any means, and this mess/plot need to be finished quickly, so we can have stability/faction pride again

they can revive vol'jin and make him warchief again, or thrall, until his son is grow up, this way, virtually we will not get "another" leader

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Although the means of the Warchiefs changing have not been well written, I think it's a good way of differentiating the Horde and the Alliance.

Where the Alliance will follow Human King Nextinline to hell and back, the Horde will choose a new leader to better protect and guide its varied people.

In the general sense, Sylvanas would have made a great elected leader against the Legion since she's experienced at leading military forces, planning and persevering while being crushed.

If the threat were Old Gods, Sylvanas would become more of a liability than a strength, and the Warchief title should be given to someone else more suited such as Baine, whose hardiness would be harder for Old Gods and their fanatics to exploit.

If the threat was the Alliance, then someone like Saurfang who would uphold honour while fighting would be better for both sides and again, the Warchief title would be less effective on someone else.

Rather than blast the concept of Warchief musical chairs I think it should be celebrated and urged to be written better than it has been. Cast the strengths and weaknesses of the Horde's leaders and accentuate their strengths.
    (And grin for the Great Recession expansion where finally, Warchief Gallywix can shine)
    On paper this concept is good and it was at last this way with Thrall and first Garrosh iteration but in reality blizzard immediately ruined it when Garrosh gone mad, vol'jin was useless and Sylvanas show sign of being garrosh 2.0.

And the most important thing is: all the warchief after thrall show no sense of military tactic all losing important battle and doing stupid retarded errors while leading, organizing and deploying the horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'm agree OP. Horde is showed as chaotic and changing faction of outcasts who often fight each others so frequently changing Warchiefs is fitting. But it doesn't mean each Warchief should become raid boss. Just let Horde and its characters deal with their shit on their own.

I'm pretty sure if Garrosh and SoO was only Horde side people would cry and play victim role much less about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because it turned that position into joke.

Because it's been executed poorly. Thrall -> Garrosh could've been written better; Garrosh's tenure was really only marred badly by the whole 'different writers' conundrum in Cataclysm. Otherwise, I don't really mind his descent into extremism (although Chronicles 3 seems to be turning it into 'Garrosh was always exactly the orc he was when he absorbed Y'shaarj's heart,' which is asinine and unnecessary) and I actually think Vol'jin taking up the mantle was set up well, executed well, and was a great idea thematically.

And then they wasted it by having him more or less sit out for an expansion. Although I do think his leadership is apparent in Warlords of Draenor, it just isn't emphasized. The way the Horde's draenor campaign focuses far more on small elite units, lots of shadow hunters, etc. is to me a great showing of Vol'jin playing to the Horde's strengths after losing a lot of its outright military clout post-SoO, it just wasn't emphasized as well as it could've been, so the practical narrative effect of Warlords is that Vol'jin was the "Do nothing" Warchief, who then promptly died ten minutes into Legion. At least so far, with a full expansion behind us with her as leader, Sylvanas' appointment to Warchief also really hasn't made a ton of sense or paid off in any significant way, and it's a strange thematic departure for the Horde after completely wasting an opportunity to take things in a more interesting direction with Vol'jin.

Tl;dr, I don't mind the position changing hands, but Vol'jin's death was a cheap narrative 'shock' moment that didn't even really work, dramatically, and has led to even more off the wall story telling that seems more like fan service than something that would actually logically have happened in universe. I have no meaningful qualms with Thrall -> Garrosh -> Vol'jin, but I have a lot of issues with Vol'jin -> Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Sylvanas Forever!
    The Filler Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because it makes the Horde look weak and the leaders who get offed or quit are never replaced or replaced with poor candidates.

Orcs and Trolls are leaderless now, with the former briefly having a leader who did nothing for a few expansions and then betrayed them.

Warchief is a meme position these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    So I think at this time, under Vol'jin, and especially throughout the events of this next expansion set, the Horde is thinking a lot about "What are we about? Who are we?" There's a troll as a Warchief for the first time. I love that. Almost love the idea—it'd be very difficult in gameplay, just too gnarly to do—every couple of years someone else gets a shot. Imagine a blood elf as Warchief. I'd love that. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    So I think at this time, under Vol'jin, and especially throughout the events of this next expansion set, the Horde is thinking a lot about "What are we about? Who are we?" There's a troll as a Warchief for the first time. I love that. Almost love the idea—it'd be very difficult in gameplay, just too gnarly to do—every couple of years someone else gets a shot. Imagine a blood elf as Warchief. I'd love that. (Source)
    I was waiting for this quote, thanks.

Damn if this doesn't say a lot about how Blizz feels about Vol'jin. This is was what, a couple months after SoO? They talk about replacing him as soon as his ass hits the throne, he does nothing in WoD, and then he dies...

Anyways, I hope this "musical warchief" idea went out the door when Metzen did because it's cancer incarnate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Although the means of the Warchiefs changing have not been well written, I think it's a good way of differentiating the Horde and the Alliance.

Where the Alliance will follow Human King Nextinline to hell and back, the Horde will choose a new leader to better protect and guide its varied people.

In the general sense, Sylvanas would have made a great elected leader against the Legion since she's experienced at leading military forces, planning and persevering while being crushed.

If the threat were Old Gods, Sylvanas would become more of a liability than a strength, and the Warchief title should be given to someone else more suited such as Baine, whose hardiness would be harder for Old Gods and their fanatics to exploit.

If the threat was the Alliance, then someone like Saurfang who would uphold honour while fighting would be better for both sides and again, the Warchief title would be less effective on someone else.

Rather than blast the concept of Warchief musical chairs I think it should be celebrated and urged to be written better than it has been. Cast the strengths and weaknesses of the Horde's leaders and accentuate their strengths.
    (And grin for the Great Recession expansion where finally, Warchief Gallywix can shine)
    That's like asking why are people against presidents changing so often, or kings changing so often... chaos?

This isn't even political, so many changing opinions and sweeps of Idealisms within presidents, kings and such can just make It worse. If It's a good king, or Warchief in this case, let him stay.

And by the by, as an orc fanboy and Horde loyalist. I'd take Saurfang to be our Warchief right until we become Ork Piratez In space, conquering and raiding the Hummie Empire lead by Anduinboi.

What, too soon?

As It stands, Sylvannas Is the wrong candidate for Warchief. I don't care she's lived a thousand years and was made General of Silvermoon and so on and so on... Saurfang was In all 4 of the previous wars, and Is now fighting In the 5th war. How Is HE not leading us? Sylvanas was In a couple of wars, some skirmishes and so on... Saurfang Is more equipped for this and Is the obvious choice to lead a Horde whose majority of people are shamanistic, barbaric tribes, clans and so on of which he Is a member of. And as It stands, he's the highest ranked orc there Is. Only ones who could even come close to him are some of the forgotten Overlord Orcs we've met during our quests In previous zones, like that one Overlord in Northrend and so on.

At the very least, I like the new novel or what you call It about pre-Battle of Azeroth shows Sylvanas as mindful of Saurfang and his ability to challenge her to Mak'gora which she'd be bound to obey. Hell, he should've done that right away when Vol'jin was like "I choose you, Sylvanas"
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    How can I identify with a faction if the leader of said faction is changing how the faction works everytime.

We went from
    "We survive together" Thrall to "Fuck you, orcs rule" Garrosh to "The Horde shoudl be a family" Vol'jin to a "lol wtf am I warchief for" Sylvanas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ask yourself how you would feel if Anduin died at the end of this expansion, and then got replaced by Genn, and then Genn died right after that.

That's how it feels for Horde players to keep having their faction leaders become Warchief only to die and get replaced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Ask yourself how you would feel if Anduin died at the end of this expansion, and then got replaced by Genn, and then Genn died right after that.

That's how it feels for Horde players to keep having their faction leaders become Warchief only to die and get replaced.
    Genn would never be High King. Not human enough
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Genn would never be High King. Not human enough
    Oh... How about a new allied race idea. A race of humans who were bitten by humans and became twice the humans they could have been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Oh... How about a new allied race idea. A race of humans who were bitten by humans and became twice the humans they could have been.
    Only if they are bitten by Stormwind Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Only if they are bitten by Stormwind Humans.
    Yes, otherwise there would have been no effect.
    But I don’t think this would ever happen. For what use would other races or factions be before Human-Stormwind-human nation?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde's leadership has become one big shit show after the next, I'm just hoping Thrall retracts his spine and leads them again.

There's literally no good leaders in the horde right now, I think they should all get destroyed in battle, the horde takes a hit, and a new person steps up and leads them to greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There's literally no good leaders in the horde right now, I think they should all get destroyed in battle, the horde takes a hit, and a new person steps up and leads them to greatness.
    Too bad Zuni died...

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does not have a good track record for character development of those who have become warchief.

Garrosh (from WotLK through Cata) was going to be their best character development for a warchief, arguably. We all know how that ended.

Not enough time was given for Vol'jin, as he took a major back seat in the expansion right after this "promotion" to the role, and they just went ahead an axed him off completely for Sylvanas.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-03-19 at 08:17 PM.