Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There's literally no good leaders in the horde right now, I think they should all get destroyed in battle, the horde takes a hit, and a new person steps up and leads them to greatness.
    Basic campfire for warchief 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Basic campfire for warchief 2020?
    It would gather people more easily for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I feel like Blizzard's writers are probably better at writing a story than you are, just putting that out there
    They can't even keep track of their own story. Their writing is inconsistent and illogical at multiple steps. They can't develop more than a handful of characters at once. They are ruled by rule of kewl. I have problems with none of these.

Even that aside, if your argument is that Blizzard's professional writers are probably better at writing a story than someone who's not a professional writer, then it's not exactly the great retort you thought it to be, let alone defense of Blizzard. Or a valid dismissal of criticism of their writing quality (unless you think one needs to be a chef to recognize a bad meal, in which case lel). As such, what you just put out there is an utterly worthless remark. And your white knighting needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-03-19 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There's literally no good leaders in the horde right now
    High Warlord Volrath shall lead us to victory in these trying times
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Struck a nerve didn't I
    Same can be said to you, given how you felt the need to valiantly rush to saint Blizzard's defense (and flopped on your face).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Struck a nerve didn't I
    Nah i don't think you have what it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Course I do. Why else is good ol Mehrunes always so mad when he replies to me
    I don't think he is mad tho. This seems to be yet another thing that begins, and stays in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Instead of derailing this thread with internal forum drama or who is or isn't angry at who let's return to the actual topic at hand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Course I do. Why else is good ol Mehrunes always so mad when he replies to me
    he look mad all the time, don't take credit for

Thrall handed Warchief over to Garrosh, thinking he would be reliable in combating the Alliance and preserving honor. In the end he only combated the Alliance and disgraced the horde's honor. Vol'jin became Warchief after getting aid from both factions to overthrow Garrosh, while attempting to uphold honor for the horde. There was no need to combat the Alliance during this era since Garrosh was doing it anyway. Vol'jin handed over Warchief status on his deathbed (throne) to Sylvanas, not because of upholding honor or combating the Alliance, but out of desperation. No one else made a swift decision to save the horde leaders from getting killed off on the broken shores except her, which Vol'jin thought shes likely to make more similar decisions in the unforeseen future...unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case leading into BfA.

Sure theres more qualified characters to be Warchief, but desperate times calls for desperate decisions, and you sure as hell can't just give up that role to someone else after the legion's defeat. Thats just bad writing and would make the Warchief look weak. But no matter how much you hate Sylvanas, won't change the fact that shes here to stay.

How about changing your high king more often too? No? Thought so you just hate sylvanas as all the alliance fanboys
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You could urge Blizzard's writers to write better all you want. But all you'd be doing would be wasting your time. It'd be like asking guppies to conquer the universe. Not exactly a high probability of success here. Now, if you'd ask guppies to write a better story than Blizzard's writers, then sure, that could work and give some satisfactory results.

And as has been said, differentiating for the sake of differentiating is pointless. So is change for the sake of change. There's no salvaging a musical chairs, it's lazy storytelling device through and through.

Also, why would Baine be a better leader against the Old Gods? Undead showed some resistance to effects of Saronite and other Old God related stuff in WotLK. Plus Baine has no spine, not exactly a hardy person. And Saurfang's honor as of Legion and forward is acting like a suicidal moron with brain damage. Which offers no solutions to problems on the battlefield other than whining about muh honor. Any war with someone like that at the helm would be an instant loss. Plus with how uncontrollable Alliance's hate boner for the Horde is (going as far as attacking the Horde during a world-ending invasion of the Legion), they need to be forced into submission once and for all. Someone who was just capture away from turning into Alliance sympathizer basking in the holy light of Blanduin would be a terrible choice to lead the Horde against the Alliance.
    I want to upvote this just for the name "Blanduin" which somehow I have never heard up until now. /10char!

And I agree that Bain has been poorly portrayed in the game; he's not near the leader his father was. I kind of wish he had been the one to fight Garrosh to the death back in Cata, giving Cairn the motivation to spearhead the rebellion against him in Mists. Bain is too weak to be a good representative of the Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it sucks to have our leaders killed off all the time for the sake of a faction war that makes no sense.

Because your faction leader is effectively the mascot of your faction. In a game where faction pride is a significant portion of emotional investment, changing mascots is unsettling and can take years to really set in - just in time for the next mascot change.

I'll tell you how I feel about Sylvanas in 4 years.