No new max level zones?

I'm disappointed that BFA is getting the WoD treatment with max level zones and are simply adding max level content to the existing 3 leveling zones for each faction, rather than adding a completely new zone for max players only.

This is only going to lead to burnout and boredom much quicker. On top of that, it is just very lazy and is a big red flag that they are desperate to rush this expansion out as soon as possible for a quick buck, no matter how much quality is compromised.

Cutting corners like this didn't work in WoD, and it won't work in BFA.

I don't understand this criticism - you get 3 max level zones now. The addition of a "max level zone" has never really been a thing in WoW until Suramar, and even then, it's not the act of getting a new zone, but what you do with it. If BFA can take the Suramar campaign to the next level and stretch that across 3 (6?) zones, then we will be better for it.

Also, previous expansions have maybe had a max level zone to the detriment of all the other zones. Legion fixed this with WQ and BFA will continue that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think u go to the other faction's zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol is this guy srs?

U level thru content on 3 zones and then when max level play their 3 zones as max level content.

Herp derp, nice b8 m8

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Max level zones are kinda dinosaured now. Legion had one since when first conceived level scaling wasn't a thing yet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Opposite faction's leveling zones are your 120 content.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand this criticism - you get 3 max level zones now. The addition of a "max level zone" has never really been a thing in WoW until Suramar, and even then, it's not the act of getting a new zone, but what you do with it. If BFA can take the Suramar campaign to the next level and stretch that across 3 (6?) zones, then we will be better for it.

Also, previous expansions have maybe had a max level zone to the detriment of all the other zones. Legion fixed this with WQ and BFA will continue that.
    There is a question of sementics here...while most prior expansions did not have zones that you could explicitly not play/enter before max-level...there certainly were zones you pretty much only played max-level. Also, no prior expansion only gave you three zones to quest in.

I totally agree with the OP: It's pathetic and it looks like a really, really bad omen.

The only expansion we have something to compare this to is indeed WoD, because it also featured 2 faction-specific-questing zones (SMV + Frostfire Ridge) that "unlocked" at max level for the opposing faction. And yes, i'm setting that in quotes because the max-level content in those zones (the ENTIRE max level content of WoD, for that matter) was absolutely pathetic. It's not me drawing this comparison. It's Blizzard themselves:

Warlords had the Garrison campaign, Legion had the Order Hall campaign, and Battle for Azeroth has a War Campaign.
    Source: MMO-C Frontpage News

So they are NOT comparing the "War Campaign" with Suramar. No. They are comparing it to the shitty "do 3 dungeons, collect 50 shits and wait 5 hours in front of your fucking table, tard!"-questchain. And the EPIC WoD Garrison Campaign! Who could have forgotten that GREAT content? What? You cannot remember? But it was FUNTASTIC! It was that one short shitquest you got randomly each week for the first 6 or so weeks of WoD! At its end was a totally important lore turning-point that players are still talking about today and probably will be for YEARS to come!

Edit:
    The saving grace of the Legion Orderhall-Campaign is that there are so many of them. They entice you to play all classes to see them all...and while most of them are extremely forgettable, some are great (=Death Knight). All of this is NOT TRUE for a War Campaign that is the exact same on each toon.

---

So, long story short: I share your sentiment, OP. BFA max-level world content so far looks totally non-existing.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-04-06 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I'm disappointed that BFA is getting the WoD treatment with max level zones and are simply adding max level content to the existing 3 leveling zones for each faction, rather than adding a completely new zone for max players only.

This is only going to lead to burnout and boredom much quicker. On top of that, it is just very lazy and is a big red flag that they are desperate to rush this expansion out as soon as possible for a quick buck, no matter how much quality is compromised.

Cutting corners like this didn't work in WoD, and it won't work in BFA.
    That's not how it works. After you level you will get quests and the like that will take you into the other faction's zones. So three to level in and three for max level. If you want to create endless complaint threads at least get your facts straight.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

As beautiful as Suramar was, I would rather not have a repeat of that mess again.

Max level zones are pretty archaic concepts ever since they changed end game content to revolve around completing quest campaigns,

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's not how it works. After you level you will get quests and the like that will take you into the other faction's zones. So three to level in and three for max level. If you want to create endless complaint threads at least get your facts straight.
    Please show me the quotes where they say that you have sizeable chunk of quest-content unlocked in the enemy zones once you hit 120. Because i would have missed that. What they DID say is that at lvl120 the War Campaign unlocks, which allows you to travel to the three other zones and do "certain stuff" there, e.g. Worldquests.

There is a BIG difference between "unlocking three zones for questing" and "being allowed to do one weekly quest and a bunch of PvP-themed worldquests, but nothing else". The first would be good. The latter would be WoD 2.0. Which most players agree was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    As beautiful as Suramar was, I would rather not have a repeat of that mess again.

Max level zones are pretty archaic concepts ever since they changed end game content to revolve around completing quest campaigns,
    The problem is the precedent set by WoD. I totally agree that the game does not necessarily need a specific "max level zone" to be good...but WoD tried to deploy max level content in the standard zones (including one faction-specific one) and Blizzard THEMSELVES are now comparing the War Campaign to this abomination.

The WoD incarnation was bad. It was just bad. I'm absolutely sure most players that did it (even multiple times) do not even remember what it was about. (HInt: It was a Magnaron...and it would have been the PERFECT opportunity to reveal that Aggramar created the stone giants of Draenor and therefore the Orcs....but hey...that would have actually made the questchain worth remembering!)

The Suramar campaign was FAR better because it actually CHANGED the zone (which is very difficult to do if you spread it out over three zones and want actual PvP to take place there in War Mode when the opposing faction is not even able to play the quests that tell the transformation) and told the story leading up to the next raid.

Will 8.1 have faction specific raids? 99% sure no. And if it does, it will be extremely small 3 boss-raids with no unique architecture/voiceover/anything.

While 8.1 COULD indeed bring faction-specific raids, it seems extremely unlikely that Blizzard would do it. So, if the most likely case hits and 8.1 is the Azshara raid that is the exact same for both factions....that means the two War Campaigns either are not related to this story at all....or in essence tell the same thing and lead to the same place. Both of that would suck. Because the former is just a repetition of the WoD-clusterfuck and the latter is just not what you expect from a WAR campaign.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-04-06 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    There is a question of sementics here...while most prior expansions did not have zones that you could explicitly not play/enter before max-level...there certainly were zones you pretty much only played max-level. Also, no prior expansion only gave you three zones to quest in.

I totally agree with the OP: It's pathetic and it looks like a really, really bad omen.

The only expansion we have something to compare this to is indeed WoD, because it also featured 2 faction-specific-questing zones (SMV + Frostfire Ridge) that "unlocked" at max level for the opposing faction. And yes, i'm setting that in quotes because the max-level content in those zones (the ENTIRE max level content of WoD, for that matter) was absolutely pathetic. It's not me drawing this comparison. It's Blizzard themselves:

So they are NOT comparing the "War Campaign" with Suramar. No. They are comparing it to the shitty "do 3 dungeons, collect 50 shits and wait 5 hours in front of your fucking table, tard!"-questchain. And the EPIC WoD Garrison Campaign! Who could have forgotten that GREAT content? What? You cannot remember? But it was FUNTASTIC! It was that one short shitquest you got randomly each week for the first 6 or so weeks of WoD! At its end was a totally important lore turning-point that players are still talking about today and probably will be for YEARS to come!

Edit:
    The saving grace of the Legion Orderhall-Campaign is that there are so many of them. They entice you to play all classes to see them all...and while most of them are extremely forgettable, some are great (=Death Knight). All of this is NOT TRUE for a War Campaign that is the exact same on each toon.

---

So, long story short: I share your sentiment, OP. BFA max-level world content so far looks totally non-existing.
    I'm generally disgustingly positive about everything Blizzard says, but I have to admit that I agree with this sentiment.

It does depend on some factors, though. For instance, in WoD it was a big problem because we didn't get any additional content besides 6.0 launch content until 6.2 many months later. If they can continue on their iterative trajectory they set up in Legion, it's conceivable that we could get a new patch zone/raid/dungeon/etc. within a reasonable timeframe after 8.0 launches. It also depends on how much we can get out of the new dungeons/mythic dungeons/new affixes, 2 raids in first tier, warfronts, new arenas (?), island expeditions (I'm skeptical of these), etc. Also, we don't know what the scope and nature of max level content in the opposing faction's continent will be like besides that it will have a separate emissary.

There's just a lot of unknowns right now. Based on what we *know*, I think it's reasonable to be concerned, but I wouldn't jump the shark yet. We've had expansions without max level zones until patches, as well, and they went fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 3.... When you get to max level you get set to the other factions zones.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

Edit:

---

They do compare the war campaign to Suramar.

Battle for Azeroth will have a War Campaign which is an ongoing chapter story similar to how Suramar played out. The campaign will begin during questing and continue at max level.
    Also on the front page

Now it probably will be a bit of both, honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    There are 3.... When you get to max level you get set to the other factions zones.
    Is that actually true anymore. In alpha you can go over there long before level cap. Frankly, without, you'd have to do every single quest and dungeon probably to even get to max level.

Six zones of world quests (three you've not seen), I believe new dungeons (on opposing islands), the campaign, and I'm sure patch content will add nazjatar or who the fuck knows.