Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    moonkin's always been awful looking.

it's just a stupid meme form at this point, and i'd honestly rather they remove the mechanic from balance and just let us use our base race form. not stars glyph, either.

I don't play druid so I mybtwo cents may not matter. But I always thought it was a stupid looking form and would have preferred blizz not shoving it and tree form into the gsme and leaving shapeshifter to feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They just updated all the old moonkins in 7.0.
    Erm, not really, no.

I just wish I could use my regular Night Elf form as Balance and not the stupid "Stars" celestial appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't play druid so I mybtwo cents may not matter. But I always thought it was a stupid looking form and would have preferred blizz not shoving it and tree form into the gsme and leaving shapeshifter to feral.
    yeah, feral should really be the shapeshifter.

no balance druid in the game ever really turned into a moonkin in the game until legion(there was like one or two before legion, but i mean widely). it's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's also best done out of combat, because nobody is going to give a crap about what your gear looks like in combat. Which means it's perfectly viable to just run around out of form while showing off.

That's kinda the point. Opportunity to show off and being in combat are largely mutually exclusive.
    Personally, I like seeing other transmog at any time. It's fun to notice that a demon hunter has, say, the unique Xavius shoulders at a glimpse during a raid fight. Raids, of any kind, are often a lot of standing around anyway. I don't particularly transmog with the purpose of showing off - I don't really have anything that rare. But, I've certainly had people compliment my transmog (even on my Balance druid with the Glyph of Stars) during the occasional LFR or random dungeon, and I've certainly complimented others.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Erm, not really, no.
    Erm, yes really, yes :

Yes it was based on the old one, but it was still updated. (couldn't find a comparison pic with the Tauren horns)

Now that doesn't mean that they won't be updated again sometime in the future to give more racial features,
    Somehow Highmountain Moonkin wasn't changed (yet) either.

They probably were working on the 7.0 moonkin when designing Stormheim/Val'sharah and threw in the then current racial updates.

Zandalari and Kul'Tiran forms were probably designed much later so the idea of completely different forms is likely newer as well.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-20 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The very concept of Boomkin is underwhelming. It's a silly monster from D&D that is mostly used as a joke (let's combine a bear with an owl only the resulting creature will not get any of the advantages of the owl!) that was suddenly given peculiar lore in a single quest that they are chosen guardian beasts of Elune and then in Blizzard's stealing all the kit of Priestess of Elune and giving it to caster druids, they also gave them this silly form because they are shapeshifters (instead of something based on the storm crow.
    I mean sure, they could try and make an HD Moonkin form but it will always be silly. It's ok because silly works for WoW ofc and you can turn it off with Astral Form. Plus it's cute and there are a lot of people who play WoW to play cute things, look at all the gnomes!
    This is the realest answer in this thread. I agree completely with this theory.

i personally think zandalari moonkin is utterly shit