Thread: Turalyon

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Alliance Turalyon

For years,we have waited for him and Alleria to appear and now they are in game. Some people are quite disappointed about how Turalyon is currently portrayed - I, personally,find it a bit cheesy,that he carries the title,which is quite unique for the draenei. Also,the fact how he was obsessed about the Xe'ra. He's a character with a rich lore background,but so far,it doesn't seem that Blizzard is using him to his full potential.

Express your thoughts about his current state!

5+ Year Old Account
    for now he is the new tirion. and almost a generic good guy.
    but don't worry, the war will give him a chance to show personality, i think.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is a wasted character. He came into an expansion during its last conclusion, so it is not surprising, that we got to explore very little of his character. That said, Blizz handled him even worse than expected. The Xe'ra plot got dumbed, the army of light spotlight got dumbed, he and Alleria are heavily underused and he is been portrayed as a quite week character.

So yeah, my thoughts about his current state is quite bad. Compared to how cool he could have been, Blizz just dumped him down in the patch, gave him a unique model and left it at that, having his character just be a glorified questgiver
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I really don't care for the whole Army of the Light storyline. I sort of wish Turalyon and Alleria were just normal heroes.

That said, his story makes sense for the new lore. Turalyon spend like 30 years living on Azeroth vs 1,000+ years with the Lightforged. It would make sense he would be almost alien to the Aliiance at this point. And equally that whe would be very close with the Lightforge

10+ Year Old Account
    You know they gonna kill him right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    i don't think that anybody would care if they kill him,that's why i think that he will survive. for a while.

What makes you think so?We already have one grieving and Horde hating widow - Vareesa. I highly doubt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    What makes you think so?We already have one grieving and Horde hating widow - Vareesa. I highly doubt that.
    I was only an infant when my father was deployed to this wasteland. All that I have ever known of him is what others have told me. Do your dreams change, <name>? Mine do not. I have one dream: A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me.

They probably won't kill in this expansion but he got death flags that's for damn sure....we ain't done with the legion yet.

I was only an infant when my father was deployed to this wasteland. All that I have ever known of him is what others have told me. Do your dreams change, <name>? Mine do not. I have one dream: A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me.
    Probably,someday. It's really unlikely for them to kill such a major Warcraft character in the next expansion,after they've brought him back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i don't think that anybody would care if they kill him,that's why i think that he will survive. for a while.
    Kinda a shitty reason for staying alive :/ He is proberly gonna end like Tirion, completly forgotten for some time, only to come back and be killed as some form of sacrifice.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Kinda a shitty reason for staying alive :/ He is proberly gonna end like Tirion, completly forgotten for some time, only to come back and be killed as some form of sacrifice.
    Tirion's death was horrible. It made light to look weak against the fel.

Isn’t everything weak against fel magic? Perhaps except the Void

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    He is a wasted character. He came into an expansion during its last conclusion, so it is not surprising, that we got to explore very little of his character. That said, Blizz handled him even worse than expected. The Xe'ra plot got dumbed, the army of light spotlight got dumbed, he and Alleria are heavily underused and he is been portrayed as a quite week character.

So yeah, my thoughts about his current state is quite bad. Compared to how cool he could have been, Blizz just dumped him down in the patch, gave him a unique model and left it at that, having his character just be a glorified questgiver
    Give him some time, I remember there's an old thread discussing about Turalyon's future plot concerning his crisis of faith, and I think that's an interesting direction to take.

Turalyon already had a crisis of faith back in WC2, where he wonders how the Light be all-embracing while the evil of the Old Horde exist. He resolves the issue when he came into the conclusion that because Orcs are not from Azeroth, they're not part of Light. Come BfA, not only do Turalyon has to come to terms with Darkness potentially being good (His own wife), he for the first time will come into blow with other Holy Light wielder (Blood Elves and Tauren). There're datamined dialogues of him expressing his shock at this in Warfront, with Lady Liadrin rebuking him that time has changed.

So...ya. Give him time, me personally is actually very interested in his story development.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats the problem. Doing the same thing with Turalyon as with Tirion would be bad, but after WoD and Legion, i suspect nothing more from Blizzards writing team. It indeed made the light look insanely weak and made much of the paladin artifact quests seem odd, since most of the light were completly helpless against the Legion.

All in all, what more is there espect from the team who created a naaru god to only let her be 1 shot in her first apperance.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I really don't care for the whole Army of the Light storyline. I sort of wish Turalyon and Alleria were just normal heroes.

That said, his story makes sense for the new lore. Turalyon spend like 30 years living on Azeroth vs 1,000+ years with the Lightforged. It would make sense he would be almost alien to the Aliiance at this point. And equally that whe would be very close with the Lightforge
    This. It's like this kid you knew in high school goes off to the army, serves 40 years overseas in some warzone that has never been completed, then comes back. He's going to be unrecognizable.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Light is weaker then fel

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Give him some time, I remember there's an old thread discussing about Turalyon's future plot concerning his crisis of faith, and I think that's an interesting direction to take.

Turalyon already had a crisis of faith back in WC2, where he wonders how the Light be all-embracing while the evil of the Old Horde exist. He resolves the issue when he came into the conclusion that because Orcs are not from Azeroth, they're not part of Light. Come BfA, not only do Turalyon has to come to terms with Darkness potentially being good (His own wife), he for the first time will come into blow with other Holy Light wielder (Blood Elves and Tauren). There're datamined dialogues of him expressing his shock at this in Warfront, with Lady Liadrin rebuking him that time has changed.

So...ya. Give him time, me personally is actually very interested in his story development.
    It might be, that Turalyon can develop into an interesting character, but it is not like i have anything to support that claim. From what it looks like with him being a allied race leader, he is most likely gonna be parked in the allied hall and not move from there. Even his participation in the warfront shows very little when it comes to engaging in the overall story and having him destributed time to develop.

I would love to see him be developed, i really do and giving him some time is gonna happend anyway, but to give my honest opinion, i don't really see Blizzard do much with him. The entire Alleria vs Turalyon that is being set up, with them being the different sides of dark and light, is most likely gonna be dropped or put on hold for so long, that people lose their connection to the character.

So like you, i am quite intersted in a further development in his story and i think there is a lot to come for, especially with him as the new leader of an alliance order of the light after the death of the holy church and most of the paladin orders in the eastern kingdom... But, it is highly unlikely that blizzard will use any of the nessary time to do this, especially when they seem already occupied with putting together something that resembles a decent main storyline.

His personality is boring and there are lore-elements concerning him I don't like.

First, the 1000 years of fighting the Legion bit. What do they have to show for it? Nothing really, unless something was revealed in the audio drama I couldn't be bothered to listen through. So why did it have to be cheesy 1000 years, when it could’ve easily just been the time it’s been from Beyond the Dark Portal to this day, 30 years or so.

Then there’s the moment in Burning Steppes, where Doomhammer defeated Lothar. Turalyon grabs Lothar’s broken sword and lets out a roar, which works as a major morale boost for the Alliance, while the orcs in the vicinity turn into a bunch of sissies.

All in all, Turalyon is a boring character and his development doesn’t interest me. Even freed from X’era’s influence he’s your typical Light-jerking paladin, which is funny considering the Argus-storyline he was introduced in was majorly about Illidan proving to Velen how Light is fallible.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I believe that Blizzard clearly wants the Romeo and Juliet thing for Turalyon and Alleria, since he is a light Zealot, obssessed with the light's purity and visions, and Alleria was pushed into the ways of the Shadow in a way she didn't predict or ask for, but she clearly understood that she didn't have a choice and she embraced it.

Now both are trapped in a difficult situation, as one is attuned to the light and the other to the shadow. How long will they last like this? How long will they keep together until their attunements brings them into conflicting sides?

I sense a tragedy coming for both of them, or at least one of them. Their 1000 year relationship won't be able to stand their contrasting attunements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Turalyon was never one of my favorite characters from Warcraft's history - so his reintroduction to the storyline isn't of huge consequence to me one way or the other. In many ways Alleria's story concerning the Void eclipsed him entirely, but she was always a more interesting character even based on her bio from WC2: BtDP. I think as they're moving forward on Turalyon's story in BfA that he may yet get a chance to shine (being the informal racial leader for the Lightforged Draenei) and a stalwart Alliance partisan. We'll have to see where they take him next.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead