Deleted

The Old Gods prophecy - The Three Lies

Hello, I have seen a lot of posts talking about the prophecy, something along the lines of "Bound by a throne, no... boundless", and the Three Lies. Most of this posts discuss around either Anduin or Sargeras, I have even seen one that spoke of dungeons with the word "Throne" on their name such as Throne of Tides.

Yesterday I remembered something, something that I have never read before... what if it is Odyn? Odyn was bound by a Throne (Halls of Valor) and with the help of the players he was freed from it. He also lied when he said that Helya was evil, he was the one sacrificing his eye to a being from the Shadowlands in search for power, as far as we know that being could be an Old God. He then turned Helya into a monster against her will so that she could bring him more warriors, I never liked to face Helya, it was the same feeling I had when facing Illidan all over again.

What if Odyn is now the enemy and we have been helping him all along? Would also be nice to have Sylvanas and the Horde being the good guys for once and maybe resurrecting Helya? If we go full retard into fantasy land we could also dream of having Hellheim the new "Undercity", maybe Kvaldir as an allied race in place of the Vrykul. People have also been talking about a Shadowlands expansion where Bolvar most likely enlists the help of the Alliance, this all ties perfectly.

Sorry for my bad english, not native speaker, but what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnaa View Post
    Hello, I have seen a lot of posts talking about the prophecy, something along the lines of "Bound by a throne, no... boundless", and the Three Lies. Most of this posts discuss around either Anduin or Sargeras, I have even seen one that spoke of dungeons with the word "Throne" on their name such as Throne of Tides.

Yesterday I remembered something, something that I have never read before... what if it is Odyn? Odyn was bound by a Throne (Halls of Valor) and with the help of the players he was freed from it. He also lied when he said that Helya was evil, he was the one sacrificing his eye to a being from the Shadowlands in search for power, as far as we know that being could be an Old God. He then turned Helya into a monster against her will so that she could bring him more warriors, I never liked to face Helya, it was the same feeling I had when facing Illidan all over again.

What if Odyn is now the enemy and we have been helping him all along? Would also be nice to have Sylvanas and the Horde being the good guys for once and maybe resurrecting Helya? If we go full retard into fantasy land we could also dream of having Hellheim the new "Undercity", maybe Kvaldir as an allied race in place of the Vrykul. People have also been talking about a Shadowlands expansion where Bolvar most likely enlists the help of the Alliance, this all ties perfectly.

Sorry for my bad english, not native speaker, but what do you guys think?
    Don't think it's related to Odyn at all. Odyn is not a " bad guy" in a sense that he is just full of himself and will never backtrack at anything to save Azeroth. He could be a danger if he ever see us as a " threat " but since we proved our valor many time and he sided with us during the Legion war, I don't think he will turn on us.

However, the bound on a throne, no, boundless, could be Bolvar, the Lich King. If we're heading toward a shadowland patch, the Lich King would be very relevant there, as well as Sylvanas, and Nzoth and the (sunken?) city of Nyalotah.

Deleted
    Yeah Odyn is not a bad guy per se, but I also don't see him as a good guy, and the fact that Blizzard didn't make vrykul playable might be an indicator that they are going to be our enemy in the future, but it's just speculation, I might be completely wrong here.

Bolvar could be the unbound by the throne, but he can't be the one lying to us because the only ones who know he is alive are the Ebon Blade, Tirion is dead, and he didn't say much that could be called a big lie to the Death Knights, so i doubt its him. I still believe that Odyn fits the prophecy better than anyone else.

Deleted
    Odyn didn't lie when he said that Helya was evil. What he did lie about was how that happened. Or rather, he didn't lie, he just didn't tell us (in one quest you could ask him about Helya and he didn't actually answer).
    She still became what she is on her own, because lots of former forced Val'kyr didn't follow her example and went on to become benign spirits (the Spirit Healers).

I don't think Odyn will become an enemy in the usual raidboss-sense. What I would like however is for our characters to be able to find out about him and kick some sense into him and make him at least admit that he made a grave mistake and maybe brought Helya's wrath upon himself and isn't the shining light that he likes to believe he is.
    All of his peers (the other Keepers) had to face the fact that they have been tricked and/or mindcontroled and some that they made horrible mistakes because of that. Apart from Loken they all saw reason again and tried to make up for it. Odyn is the only one whose faults have not been uncovered yet and I'd like to see that change. I don't think we have to kill him for that though.

It's pretty certain at this point that Anduin is the boy-king. However he never mentions Odyn, so I find it doubtful this would be the lie. He isn't bound to the Halls of Valor anymore either.

Do we yet know what Loken's final words were to Odyn?

I always think it is funny that people assume all these lines need to be true and be taken serious. Isn't spreading half-truths and misinformation one of the major ways the Old Gods spread distrust and mayham under their enemies?