Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Allied Races and their Hunter Pets!

So. Most, if not all, of the Allied Races are going to have Hunter as a class option because it's, at this point, one of the "Baseline Classes" for every race. So what kind of starting pets are we going to see for, say, Kul'tirans?

I think Zandalari can safely be expected to have a Raptor or maybe a Direhorn for their racial hunter pet.

Dark Iron Dwarves might have a Black Bear? But it seems a bit -odd- to give them a bear as a pet even if it is the "Dwarfy Standard". So how about a small Corehound?

Mag'har Orcs will probably rely on Wolves. They -could- use Boars like Orc Hunters, but I feel like Wolves might be associated with them more?

But Kul'tirans? Nothing really jumps out at me as a pet for them. I guess they could have something like a Pig, since they seem to be popular out on the Islands we've seen. Or a Boar.

If Vulpera are an allied race I could totally see them with a Buzzard.

Sethraks and Snakes? *shrug!* Or a Krolusk...

What do y'all think?

(If you're going to post about how Vulpera or Sethraks or some other race won't be playable, don't bother. That's not what this thread is for.)

Oh, and feel free to throw out other races and their pets if you like.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-03-18 at 03:31 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

DI could have one of those bloodhound pets we see in BRD

7+ Year Old Account
    i think the hunter pets willb e just the mount version, like the other allied races

corehounds are BM only pets they can't be for lv 1 dwarf hunter

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think the hunter pets willb e just the mount version, like the other allied races

Mount version? Huh?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Mount version? Huh?
    like the mount of highmountain taurens are the moose and also are their hunter pet, same with nightborne with mana saber

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    like the mount of highmountain taurens are the moose and also are their hunter pet, same with nightborne with mana saber
    That's not true. The HM Pet is an Eagle, the LF draenei Pet is an argus talbuk and the VE Pet is a warp lizard

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's not true. The HM Pet is an Eagle, the LF draenei Pet is an argus talbuk and the VE Pet is a warp lizard
    an eagle??? lol, i swear to god i saw a moose

Zandalari will have a raptor with the newer model, Kul Tiran will most likely have a bloodhound (Gilneas throwback), Dark Iron will have a ram and Mag'har will have a wolf.

Though, are all the pets for the others unique?

Considering that Void Elves have a unique pet, it's likely that they could repeat this for other Allied Races.

Dark Irons probably wouldn't have a bear - Blackrock Mountain isn't really known for having bears at all. There are, however, Bloodhounds all over Blackrock Depths. Hellhounds would be another perfect candidate. They could make a non-BM version of a core hound, as well, simply labeled as a dog. Otherwise, they could have a ram, or a lava spider - it got an updated model in BfA as well.

Zandalari have tons of options in BfA. They could have a maned raptor, a brutosaur (though they may be too large), a pterrordax, a komodo dragon, a diemetradon, or any other type of dinosaur found on Zandalar.

Orcs would most likely have a Draenor wolf or a clefthoof, I would imagine. It makes sense, since those are common companions for orcs.

I'm not sure what Kul Tirans will have. They could have boars, but there are lots of new birds of prey, including new hawks, sea gulls, and even parrots. That would match well enough with a "nautical" themed human race.

Vulpera and Sethrak (if they ever become playable) could have anything from the new snakes, to hyenas, to krolusks, to vultures.

Their hunter pets don't match their mounts for most Allied Races. That's only true for Nightborne. Highmountains have a moose mount, and an eagle pet. Void Elves have a Voidstrider mount, and a Voidstalker pet. Lightforged have an Elekk mount, and a Talbuk pet.

Besides, even with Nightborne, Manasabers are spirit beasts usually, but their pet is a regular cat that looks the same as the tamable spirit beast variant. Voidstalkers aren't even tamable by any other race - Void Elf hunters simply start with one.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I could see DID having a dimetrodon pet, considering they're found in Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes and received an updated model.

Mount-wise, they'll probably get either a black, ember ram or some sort of golem.

7+ Year Old Account
    For Dark Irons, I would guess probably one of the Bloodhounds they have is BRD. Possibly one of these spiders.

For the Zandalari, I think a Direhorn would be an excellent pick (since the Zandalari Warlords drop a tome that allows other races to tame them)

Now with the Mag'har, there are a couple options that I could see. Of course, there are the trusty ol' wolves, but I could also see the boars from Draenor being an option.

Finally, the Kul'tirans. This race is the trickiest because there are SEVERAL pet options I could see them using. However, I think it will come down to one of two creatures. The first one is the new albatross that's coming in BFA; with the Kul'tirans being a seafaring race, I think this bird makes a whole lot of sense. On the other hand, with their druid form having recently been uncovered, the wicker wolves could also be a possibility.

Deleted
    Some utterly ********* info in this thread.

Lightforged:
    Mount - Elekk
    Pet - Talbuk

Void Elf:
    Mount - Hawkstrider
    Pet - Voidstalker

Highmountain:
    Mount - Moose
    Pet - Eagle

Nightborne:
    Mount - Manasaber
    Pet - Manasaber

Zandalari will most likely get maned raptors, Dark Iron will most likely get either lava turantulas or lava turtles, Mag'har Orc will most likely get Worgs, and Kul'Tiran Humans will most likely get Albatrosses.

I personally think Zandalari could start with a Pterrordax, Petopia has reason to believe they'll become tameable
    as for Dark Iron, they'll probably get either a bloodhound, a lava tarantula, or a Hellhound

7+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari should totally have the new BfA komodo dragon as their pet.

This. Must. Happen!

Kul Tiran hunters should have the new hyena model.

Deleted
    Zandalari: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?...riraptor_green
    Dark Iron: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=lavatarantula
    Mag'Har Orc: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=wolfdraenorgrey
    Kul'Tiran Human: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?...lbatrossorange

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Zandalari should totally have the new BfA komodo dragon as their pet.

This. Must. Happen!

Kul Tiran hunters should have the new hyena model.
    You do realise you can tame them no matter your race right? All this is is about what the game gives you at lvl 1 (20 allied race).

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Zandalari: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?...riraptor_green
    Dark Iron: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=lavatarantula
    Mag'Har Orc: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=wolfdraenorgrey
    Kul'Tiran Human: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?...lbatrossorange

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise you can tame them no matter your race right? All this is is about what the game gives you at lvl 1 (20 allied race).
    I'd prefer something like this
    Zandalari;Pterrodax
    Dark Iron;Lava Tarantula
    Mag'har;Draenor Wolf
    Kul'tiran;Falcon

Vulpera & Sethrak will never, and should never, be an allied race. STOP reading into everything. I mean, Vulpera at least have a chance, but what derptard out there really thinks Sethrak would be a good idea? That's beyond ignorant. Ogres & Vrykrul have a better shot and even those are slim. Everyone just seems to have it stuck in their head that every new model built on the new rig that has more than 1 color variant is going to be an allied race. So so much derp. I'll give Vulpera a small sliver of a chance, but Sethrak no...stupid to even theorize what their hunter pet would be.

KulTiran = Some feral looking hog would be nice. But I haven't paid any attention to what random animals are running around their starting zone so who knows
    Kthxhugsbye

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    ...yes I do. Hence what I posted.

?

Im beting on a Corehound for Dark Iron or something from the Firelands.Considering they show to have strong ties to it in the latest build to the point that they could summon a Giant lava golem without problems.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

KT humans will get the ultimate hunter pet: seagulls.