7+ Year Old Account

Question Question: Am I supposed to lagg in wow with this?

So I have this MacBook Pro,and I wanted to play some WoW on it but after installing and everything it feels a bit odd that I have to play on super low setting to not lagg.

This is what's inside the computer:
    2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 (goes up to 3,4 GHz)
    16 GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics

My other PC doesn't even have this processor or RAM but I can play it very well..
    Seems odder is just this shit?

Thanks.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend who used MacBook Pro to play WoW, it wasn't pretty. Those specs are quite dated now, what year is it? 2015?
    -K

The basic answer is: Yes, i can guess thats a Haswell generation (Iris) Macbook Pro so 4-5 years old already and already weak back then.

There is a reason why everyone with 1% of knowledge about hardware absolutely despises Macs but the trend of "they are good for graphical design!" exists so we are supposed to accept them for that.

Your other computer probably has a GPU. The MBP does not have a dedicated GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other big problem is apple loves to pair high-resolution screens with those underwhelming graphics solutions. That being said you should find a lower resolution that is evenly divisible with its native resolution and then it will still look good without turning off as much of the eye candy. If that isn't possible then use an external screen with a lower native resolution.

Deleted
    it hardly matters what hardware you have when it comes to lag. Check if your latency is ok, if you are not dropping packages. If you do either contact your ISP or change provider al together.

Oh you meant the other thing? What was it called? Low fps, stutters? If you meant these then yes you are supposed to get these on macbooks

Actually an iris pro graphics is more than sufficient for WoW on low settings. I have no experience in macs but my guess its down to that lol, maybe try running windows in an emulator? I know others have fixed their problems in WoW doing that exact thing.

Well, judging by the fact that your lag is only two Gs deep, it can't be that bad. At least it isn't laggg or lagggg+.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Well, judging by the fact that your lag is only two Gs deep, it can't be that bad. At least it isn't laggg or lagggg+.
    Rarely does a post on a forum give me a chuckle, good on you

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for your replies!
    I can run WoW on medium/low settings at around 50-60 FPS but WoW doesn't really shine then, huh!
    This is my working/studie computer so I basically only use it for video/photo editing and some studies for web development.
    I'm away for a week so I just wanted to try to play some WoW on it and were surprised by how bad it actually was!
    Guess I'll have to keep this one as my working horse and the gaming gotta wait until I get back home!

Cheers y'all!
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.