Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm going to miss legendaries.

I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I'm going to mess legendaries when BfA comes around. It was annoying to get bad legendaries from bosses and caches, but it was also exciting too. It was kind of thrilling to see orange text pop up, even if it was a shitty piece, and it gave people more of an incentive to go out into the world and do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'm going to miss the effects (I know some are returning with Azerite), but not the acquisition method. Took me 72 days /played at 110 to get my BiS Prot Warr gloves, at which point I was playing my Druid for Mythic Gul'dan progress anyway.

So I'm torn.

I will miss their changes I liked to the skills/spells I liked in the way I liked. I will never miss their distribution, the ongoing grind to get them, the cripled state my chars are in when they don't have them and certainly not the annoying upgrading every major patch.

I won't miss the legion RNG legendaries as it felt really shitty to get the bad ones over and over again. I personally much more prefered the WoD and MoP versions of working toward them at the end of the expansion dealeo because at least you knew you were going to get something good. But that's just me.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I have mixed feelings about legendaries. I dislike them because there's so many specs that revolve around having the right legendary/legendaries, and if you dont have them you might be "forced" to play another spec for your class that aren't as legendary dependent. I like legendaries because what OP said, that its exciting when the orange text pops up on your screen letting you know you got a legendary. And some legendaries lets you play your spec differently, like the boots/gloves combo for the gambling build as a elemental shaman. Also because it gives an incentive to play some of my classes if I know there are good legendaries I might get.

I think I'm gonna miss legendaries once BfA releases.
    Last edited by krille20; 2018-03-19 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    legendaries as a third layer of talents (char, artefact and legos) were a great idea, but compromised by poor tuning (BIS vs utility) and acquisition (RNG). they also were a nice ilvl-push.
    some effects were amazing: going to miss Prydaz, warrior shoulders, mage ring, Aegisjalmur for a 4. failsafe-option, my Tyelcas etc.

I'll miss legendaries. I think having either set bonuses or legendaries is fine, it was only combined (along with secondary stats being too strong) that made it annoying.

So yes I'll miss legendaries, especially knowing all they needed to do to make them cool was remove the set gear so you have more freedom in gearing.

In retrospect they could have done it better by making them like two slots that are "Relics" that have no stats but effects and you can only equip one utility effect and one throughput effect (defense for tanks, healing for healers and DPS for DPS).

I'll miss the effects, because loads of them had interesting game play and utility. Hopefully Blizzard compensates elsewhere.

If only it was a token system from the get go, Legion would've had such a better rating.

They would have been fine if you could target them or if they implemented the currency to buy them vendor at 7.0. But they take up waaaay too much inventory space.

Having 30 different legendaries per class was just a stupid idea. They weren't "legendary" at all besides Orange text.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-03-19 at 02:33 AM.

Ah yes, and in 1 years' time we'll have people professing their ever-burning love to the Legion legendary system, having forgotten about the negatives.

I'll miss the pop-up notification and sound when you got one, that's about it. Good riddance.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-19 at 02:11 AM.

I loved my MoP cloak and WoD, would love to see more questlines like that (and shame for the devs for removing the old ones). Legendaries we're way over done for Legion, and only provided the customization that tier/talent trees should have provided. Sadly, I feel characters was designed around leggos and the damn weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Having 30 different legendaries per class was just a stupid idea. They weren't "legendary" at all besides Orange text.
    Pretty much this, they Diablo-ified the meaning of legendary, it stopped being something cool if you had dozens of these and half of them underwhelming.

Plus the whole system was full of contradictions, on one hand it was supposed to provide extra layer of choice / customization but on the other it didn't give you access to the options, imagine having your talent tree but instead of having all of them by the time you hit level cap, you unlocked them 1-by-1 in random order at random intervals of average a month (then decreasing over the course of the expansion to a week).

Same crap as honor talents, who liked to go pvp without their pvp customization until they grind it off? (And remember when prestige erased your pvp talents back to square one?)

Build customization should never have been locked like that.

Not even mentioning the massive imbalances between them ensuring the choice isn't equal or even situational, there are just people who got a lemon.

If you want to create a system where everyone gets something, look at MOP cloak, WOD ring or Legion artifact. Legion did not need legendaries on top of artifact that already provided lots of perks and improvements to the base specs.

Much like Talents for most spec's, the problem is there are clear winners making the rest garbage.

Lego's that simply had higher ilvl's and utility based procs (e.g. speed boosts, leech, absorbs etc) would have made them far less mandatory and the RNG less of a concern. But hey, lets just abandon the system entirely in traditional Blizzard fashion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Whilst it felt more shitty waiting for the legendary to drop and even moreso getting the bad one, having a nice one drop felt pretty good. I'm gonna miss the effects and ez ilvl boost more than anything ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I'm going to mess legendaries when BfA comes around. It was annoying to get bad legendaries from bosses and caches, but it was also exciting too. It was kind of thrilling to see orange text pop up, even if it was a shitty piece, and it gave people more of an incentive to go out into the world and do things.
    I miss WoD and MoP's legendaries, the ones that you built up over the entire expansion and worked towards. The ones where everyone had one (or could get one), you knew roughly the amount of work to get there, where you had a compelling reason to do raid content on alts, and where they had an active storyline behind them.

The Legiondaries just felt boring and disappointing. Even worse, they were totally random, so if you got a 'bad' Legiondary, it was worse than not having one at all since it reset your likelihood of getting one.

Honestly, if I had to choose between Legiondaries and none at all... I'd much prefer none at all. Again, I do hope we see a return of the older quest-based ones, but that seems unlikely unfortunately.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it had a trackable progress system, instead of layers of RNG, it'd be better.

But still there were way too many of them, and way too many for 1 spec, and unbalanced power between them.

If they had less then 10 per class (possibly with spec-specific effects), they might have felt more legendary.

Even then, it was never a good system with too many flaws (RNG/Power difference/Too many/keeping slots occupied).

I am glad they are gonna be gone, along with tier sets.

Legendaries and Tier sets worked in Vanilla cause they were like unique and it didn't shower you in alternative gear or titanforge.

Titanforging non-set stuff felt just a waste if it was a tier or legendary occupied slot.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-20 at 12:41 PM.

You mean the new purple(epic) gear? Thats what legendaries are today. No, I wont miss them at all. I felt kind of robbed of the feeling getting a legendary(first one ever) on my main. Oh a legendary from doing daily quests? All right then. Even better, it turns out its useless to. Even better!

I got happier when the legendary Sulfuras dropped for me 1 year ago than Legion legendarys.

Forgot about the MoP & WoD legendaries. That system was 1000 times better!
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-03-20 at 12:43 PM.

Ok. I sure as heck will not. Super happy they are going away.

all i cared about was the ilvl boost from them.

it was a big stat stick, and i was happy to have that. i don't like that they were such a bitch to get, should have had this essence system from the start. but i will dislike them being gone.

along with the artifact, they were guaranteed big ilvl pieces. sucks to lose them both.