Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you like the the mechanisms in Court of Stars?

By that, I mean the various interactions with objects in the dungeon that're based on your race/profession.

Alchemy/Rogue can delete 25% of first boss's HP.
    Engineer can stun all the constructs.
    Shaman/Scribe can provide 30% movement speed buff.
    Prot Pala/DH can spot the Demon Spy
    etcetc.

I really, really love these mechanics, imo they added so much more about Class Identity/Fantasy. I don't know if this will be carried forward to BfA dungeons, but I will be very disappointed if it doesn't.

My random ideas for BfA dungeon class/prof specific mechanics:

1. Freehold (Pirate Den) - Rogue/JC can bribe the guards, allowing us to skip some trash. Monk/Panda/Dwarf can do the same by proposing a drinking contest, with the PC outdrinking everyone else in the pub.

2. Atal'Dazar (Zandalar) - Trolls can invoke blessings of their Loa, granting us small buffs.

3. Tol Dagor (Prison) - Scribes can forge letter from warden, sending the guards away. Rogue/Blacksmith can pick lock for shortcut route.

4. Boralus (City Siege) - Warrior/Paladin can rally the disorganized guards so they fight among side us.

Do you want to see more of these mechanics? Obviously, it will be limited, so we won't be required to bring a certain class just to clear a dungeon. But these little stuffs are what make Court of Stars, IMO, the best dungeon in Legion.

I do like those mechanics in cos, what i dont enjoy in cos are the "rp events" too much talking and walking without doing anything (lets hope we wont get another "find the spy" crap in bfa).

Such mechanics are fine and fun, however they need to be somewhat balanced - within one dungeon, at that. If only a very small pool of people can make any given dungeon significantly easier, then thats bad.

CoS is already somewhat borderline there, some of the things are much stronger then others, but between class, race and professions, at least you have a good chance to obtain at least 2 of the 3 buffs and use some of the distraction items in any given group.

I would rather see one dungeon which is generally more playful then a watered down version in every dungeon that cause balance concerns.

I'd be down for every aspect of the game having these things.

CoS was really fun the first few times around, and to me felt like it had the most longevity out of any Legion dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are cool imo. Just the RP part needs to be cut from m+. Not just in CoS but in all m+
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I do like those mechanics in cos, what i dont enjoy in cos are the "rp events" too much talking and walking without doing anything (lets hope we wont get another "find the spy" crap in bfa).
    100% this, yes sir.

I think a bigger part of COS's problem is that it feels too much like scripted NPCs in the overworld. There doesn't feel like a cinematic scale to it like more polished dungeons--Maw, for instance.

Yeah, I like them a lot! I think it was a great way to give professions/races a little utility beyond what your class can bring.

That said, I also really liked the moments in Legion dungeons where class utility could shine- not just in CoS, but things like hunter Flare in Vault of the Wardens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    It's definitely a problem in M+ where a 3-chest is like completing the dungeon in 15 minutes... and the starter boat ride takes five.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I like CoS EXCEPT for the final fight in that stupid disguise.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It's definitely a problem in M+ where a 3-chest is like completing the dungeon in 15 minutes... and the starter boat ride takes five.
    The timers are made with RP events in mind. Removing RP events would result in reduced timers, if you aren't making the timer now, you wouldn't make it after.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    They are good and a nice break from the norm, but they should be used sparingly.
    Having random items spawn in a dungeon that offer benefits are nice, but if every dungeon had them, it becomes too much.
    Sometimes you just want to run in, nuke some shit, and go about your day instead of playing a game of Guess Who and searching a house off the beaten path for a clicky.

If they keep these kinds of "out of the box" elements, I hope it's just one, maybe two dungeons max.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I'd be down for every aspect of the game having these things.

CoS was really fun the first few times around, and to me felt like it had the most longevity out of any Legion dungeon.
    bad part was the find spy though , it become anoyying quite quikly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The timers are made with RP events in mind. Removing RP events would result in reduced timers, if you aren't making the timer now, you wouldn't make it after.
    For the most part this is true, but I just feel like CoS in particular is weirdly punishing for a 3-chest.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It was a nice concept to bring some classes/professions/races to make part of the dungeon easier. If they do it again, though, they need to make sure not to cross the "totally-broken" line. In CoS, having the engineer/goblin/gnome orb was godsent and saved a buckload of time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Yes. CoS is my favourite dungeon because of this. Every run can be approached differently depending on the affixes and the buff present inside.
    If it happens again in the future tho, I would like to see a more balanced approach, right now alchemists/rogues, and engineer and blacksmithers (if their buff is present) are simply too far ahead of the others.

Deleted
    Sure.

I'd like them to better advertised though, lots of people still not using them or getting confused when they do get used.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It is irrelevant as the fixed RP times are taking into account in setting the time limits

I like anytime they try something different, even when it doesn't work out. I want them to keep taking chances.

As for CoS, I like coming in and scouting around and figuring out how to use those extra resources most efficiently. Not as much a fan of how RNG can mean some aren't available for your group.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"