Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    LOL.Perhaps i didnt make myself clear.I know Warcraft 3 by heart.Grom couldnt beat Cenarius 1v1 in it even after being roided out.Lorewise as well Cenarius is known to be insanely powerful especially in the forest.Even Mannoroth was afraid of him.The problem here is that Grom was apparently able to beat him IN THE FOREST.This is the guy who taught Malfurion and we know what he is capable of.
    Gameplay wise Grom is pretty close to being able to beat Cenarius 1v1 in WC3 if he gets lucky crits. Blademasters are monsters in duels.

Lorewise he oneshot Mannoroth without being roided out, twice. So it's not out of the question that he can beat Cenarius when he drinks the blood a second time.

Deleted
    The guy is basically half Horse and one of his arms is seriously deformed, how was he even going to put up a decent fight?

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Are you trolling? It came from the actual freaking mission in which you as from + an army of orcs kill cenarius. Cenarius didn't die in a cutscene or in between missions in a cinematic video. He died in the actual missing fighting Grom + an army of fel orcs. It is similar to how in lore Arthas + undead minions defeated uther and not 1v1 because that is how it plays out in the mission.
    Uhh, no? In lore, Arthas 1v1 against Uther and won. His undead minions didn't take part in their fight. You can't judge how a fight went in lore based on how it went in the campaign, unless it was played out in a cutscene or a cinematic. It's entirely possible for the armies fought against each other while the leaders having their duel to decide the winner.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-19 at 03:50 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    I'd take that as a perspective narrative as told by someone else rather than an omniscient narrator telling the story of Warcraft. Kinda like the story of 300 Spartans defending against the Persians is a much more engaging story when it's only the Spartans with the other few thousand soldiers from other armies left out.
    I fully agree with this. Also in the case of Mannoroth, wasn't it the entire orcish army that attacked him? I remember the numerous catapults firing at him and the ballista pinning him. Grom played a major part though in fixing the iron star which allowed him to land the killing blow. It was no where near a one on one fight.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    I fully agree with this. Also in the case of Mannoroth, wasn't it the entire orcish army that attacked him? I remember the numerous catapults firing at him and the ballista pinning him. Grom played a major part though in fixing the iron star which allowed him to land the killing blow. It was no where near a one on one fight.
    OP was referring to the fight between Grom and Mannoroth in WC3. Thrall was involved, but he was quickly knocked unconscious. Grom charged and got a hit in, then Mannoroth exploded and killed Grom as well. Mannoroth might have underestimated Grom, but that was proof of how powerful his strike could be.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fel Orc Grom had a lot more power than normal Grom. He was fully loaded with that demonic fury, and Orcs have been shown to be particularly susceptible to its power-boosting effects. That's one of the reasons why they stomped the Draenei so easily, and then came into Azeroth and stomped Stormwind on the after-effects, and they weren't even proper 'Fel Orcs'.

Deleted
    Firstly: You can kill Cenarius in the mission in the WC 3 Campaign with Grom alone, as soon as he was on Demon Blood again.

Secoundly: Orcs are physically incredibly strong. On top of that the Demon Blood and on top of that Grom is wielding Gorehowl, which is no ordinary orcish axe. Grom's Grandfather channeled the power and strength of six LEGENDARY Gronns into Gorehowl. Thats the reason why Grom can break the defense of even a powerful Demon Lord like Mannoroth even in WoD without the Demon Blood. And Cenarius is much less tanky compared to Mannoroth. Thats the reason why Garrosh was able to shatter Cairne's powerful Runespear with Gorehowl. Getting hit or trying to block Gorehowl is super bad idea, unless you can counter the power of these six legendary Gronns it holds. Which is not an easy task for anyone except super powerful beings.

Thirdly: Unless someone here wants to argue that six legendary powerful Gronn don't have the power to clubber Cenarius into a pulp and as long as Grom has Gorehowl and is able to make contact with Cenarius body in a meaningful attack, Cenarius is superbly screwed facing Grom Hellscream. And Grom himself is not a no one, without Demon Blood too, he is a powerful Orcish Blademaster, not a Peon. He might be a lot of bad things, but he is still a legendary orcish warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc032dd9efb8; 2018-03-19 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    Firstly: You can kill Cenarius in the mission in the WC 3 Campaign with Grom alone, as soon as he was on Demon Blood again.

Secoundly: Orcs are physically incredibly strong. On top of that the Demon Blood and on top of that Grom is wielding Gorehowl, which is no ordinary orcish axe. Grom's Grandfather channeled the power and strength of six LEGENDARY Gronns into Gorehowl. Thats the reason why Grom can break the defense of even a powerful Demon Lord like Mannoroth even in WoD without the Demon Blood. And Cenarius is much less tanky compared to Mannoroth. Thats the reason why Garrosh was able to shatter Cairne's powerful Runespear with Gorehowl. Getting hit or trying to block Gorehowl is super bad idea, unless you can counter the power of these six legendary Gronns it holds. Which is not an easy task for anyone except super powerful beings.

Thirdly: Unless someone here wants to argue that six legendary powerful Gronn don't have the power to clubber Cenarius into a pulp and as long as Grom has Gorehowl and is able to make contact with Cenarius body in a meaningful attack, Cenarius is superbly screwed facing Grom Hellscream. And Grom himself is not a no one, without Demon Blood too, he is a powerful Orcish Blademaster, not a Peon. He might be a lot of bad things, but he is still a legendary orcish warrior.
    Best post thus far.

I suppose that for many seeing Cenarius, a living embodiment of nature, getting butchered by Grom is a very unpleasant sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Uhh, no? In lore, Arthas 1v1 against Uther and won. His undead minions didn't take part in their fight. You can't judge how a fight went in lore based on how it went in the campaign, unless it was played out in a cutscene or a cinematic. It's entirely possible for the armies fought against each other while the leaders having their duel to decide the winner.
    Sorry, I was referring to my original experience playing wc3 + this quote:

"Uther stood against Arthas and his minions in an epic battle and initially had the upper hand, knocking Arthas down and sending Frostmourne flying from his hands. The Light's aura around Uther grew blindingly bright as he prepared the killing blow, when suddenly the sword seemed to find its own way back into Arthas' hands and he was granted more power by the Lich King. The battle had began to turn in Arthas' favor and eventually Uther, covered in blood from his wounds, fell to his knees and told Arthas he hoped there was a special place in hell waiting for him."

It is probably outdated or retconned now tho. I can't remember how exactly it was described in the rise of the LK

I like it! For years I caught glimpses of night elf fans saying that Ancients are stronger then Loa (while both are a same thing...). Now we have the most prevalent ancient falling before a fel infused orc.
    So long as they won’t make trolls complete idiots (they tried, but maybe this fight isn’t over quite yet), Chronicles seems to be like a birthday present for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    LOL.Perhaps i didnt make myself clear.I know Warcraft 3 by heart.Grom couldnt beat Cenarius 1v1 in it even after being roided out.Lorewise as well Cenarius is known to be insanely powerful especially in the forest.Even Mannoroth was afraid of him.The problem here is that Grom was apparently able to beat him IN THE FOREST.This is the guy who taught Malfurion and we know what he is capable of.
    Right, and normal Grom one-shot Mannoroth, not once but twice.So why is hard to believe that a demon-infused Grom could kill Cenarius?

It seems like using WCIII game mechanics as a basis for your decision is faulty.

Why do people who cant belive a demon infused orc killed cenarius play alliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

20 years soon yeah.. fuck me, thats like ages ago!

About Grom. It was never a doubt that he was super-duper strong. A wood-chopping badass legend!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post

Why should Cenarius be tanking Grom's hits? He has control over nature, why doesn't he use his powers? He could crush him with roots? I think Malfurion used something like that on Archimonde.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    20 years soon yeah.. fuck me, thats like ages ago!

About Grom. It was never a doubt that he was super-duper strong. A wood-chopping badass legend!
    Yeah, he got so much lumber! Grom's biggest achievement right there. Especially if you cheese it and get lots of those Night Elf Ancients on the verge of death, then kill them all at the same time so you go over your lumber goal. Over-achiever!

If you think of it it's not that farfetched. Don't forget Grom had a whole army with him and all of them were buffed with Demon Blood and considering it's a Burning Legion weapon it is considered to make them very powerful. Also if you think of it Cenarius could have been distracted as Mannoroth was and it's not that farfetched Grom giving him a surprise attack. However I have to agree with the rest. If Cenarius was aware of Grom completely without fighting all the others around I believe he had all the power to stomp him without needing to go physical. We are talking about a Demigod Spellcaster against a simple Warrior. Even Gorehowl is not able to protect him from spells.

Also need to mention that Gorehowl does mention to have the power of 6 Gronns but it doesn't say that it does. Shalamayne was easily able to parry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    If you think of it it's not that farfetched. Don't forget Grom had a whole army with him and all of them were buffed with Demon Blood and considering it's a Burning Legion weapon it is considered to make them very powerful. Also if you think of it Cenarius could have been distracted as Mannoroth was and it's not that farfetched Grom giving him a surprise attack. However I have to agree with the rest. If Cenarius was aware of Grom completely without fighting all the others around I believe he had all the power to stomp him without needing to go physical. We are talking about a Demigod Spellcaster against a simple Warrior. Even Gorehowl is not able to protect him from spells.

Also need to mention that Gorehowl does mention to have the power of 6 Gronns but it doesn't say that it does. Shalamayne was easily able to parry it.
    Of course it was able to parry it. It was wielded by the bestest warrior of Azeroth. The mighty human who had no problem overpowering orcs, slicing through trolls and ogres and beheading Onyxia! What are 6Gronn to a human these days?

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its a major change, I rather liked the idea of the fight being more akin to army ants swarming a lion but overall it doesn't change too much. Cenarius whomped Grom, Grom runs back to damnation drinks the kool aid then comes back and whomps Cenarius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regular Grom can beat Mannoroth too, so he's at least as powerful as Cenarius. Fel Grom is even stronger so of course he wins.

7+ Year Old Account
    this goes to my list of non magic users beating magic users in a fight

Grom killed Manoroth without demon blood frenzy, with the supernatural bloodfury buff he should sure kill Cenarius as well