Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why is that though? I admit that my GF is the only female I know who doesn't exclusively play the cute races, but beyond shallow reasons I can't figure out why that is.
    shallow reasons? you fucking kidding me? it's a personal avatar, you aren't judging someone for their looks. Shallow has nothing to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Women are not meant to fight, they are meant to look pretty. I don't want to see some horror filled butch abomination like 'Brienne the Tard' in my video games. And female Kul'tiran? This thing is obese. But it fits maritime theme of the region.

Now let me end this comment with a highly sophisticated joke that only people with 213+ IQ will understand:

Do you know how female kul'tirans end their lives?
    Suicide by whaler I tell you.
    I can't decide what's more pathetic. The rampant misogyny, or the fact that you're so afraid of a character in a TV show that you have try and belittle her.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the size of the Belf female population i think the playerbase values "prettiness" very highly. Perhaps more highly than any other factor even.
    Ily mmoc

Christ, so much this @ OP. It's the reason I could not bring to keep my main character female when I rerolled her to Worgen. Had to go with Male, because the Female is a sorry excuse for a worgen. It's more like an angry chihuahua.

Why do female panda bears have waist lines and hips? Why do female worgen have mascara, and giant eyes instead of beady dog-like eyes? The races in WoW have massive male-female disparities beyond size: they appear to be of different species. Some people have actually done fun analysis on the bone structure of worgen, and it's hilarious how bad the disparity is.

Can we all just agree that the alpha fem trolls looked fucking terrible regardless of any decisions of style. Seriously looks like a microwaved action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Savirik View Post
    "Yo, your avatar is looking kinda ridiculous right now. I wish it wasn't made to look so attractive."

Nobody would play a race/gender if it was not made to be attractive.
    False. People want playable Ogres.

Blizzard is not satisfied with the female model at all. Look at this, a male PH model for now.

They need to look like this

not like this
    https://i.redd.it/3n9a77n0eaf01.jpg
    seriously? look at her double chin. she looks like she has cancer of the throat.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-03-26 at 03:15 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I mean, if that's what makes you sleep at night, sure.
    But for those that have actually played wc3, and understand that sylvanas is a totally different thing to the rest of the undead player race.... K.

(sylvanas wasn't a plagued human that died and rose up as a zombie, she was an elf arthas didn't even properly kill out of spite)

Which is why she isn't missing skin or anything, she never really "died" nor had the opportunity to decompose. She's undead, but not in the same way player undead are.

in closing, no u.
    I think you were right at the onset, but she has died multiple times since. Her body has been through a lot. Fell off a wall the height of a mountain into spikes. Shot. (Thanks for the vid by the way :O)

Edit @ topic:

I agree that I think the only way to really meet everyone in the middle is a complete customization overhaul, but I sincerely doubt Blizzard will ever devote the time/money to develop new models/riggings for things like female trolls that look like trolls, female orcs that look like orcs, etc., because they will be a fraction of the already small playerbase that plays them when they look even less like humans.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2018-03-26 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I can't decide what's more pathetic. The rampant misogyny, or the fact that you're so afraid of a character in a TV show that you have try and belittle her.
    Please, refrain from such ableistic comments. Do not equate disgust or even hate with fear. You are shaming great many people who are suffering from many different phobias. Hate and fear are two different things.

I'm not afraid of their ugliness, I'm deeply disgusted by their form.

Deleted
    KT human are fine.

Problem is that some NPC requires better models, like the Lady Ursula (don't remember the name) because the gap between the Concept and the actual Model is embarrassing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    It's as innocent as coke making adverts of happy children drinking soda. Metzen knows exactly why they're in see-though bikinis. I would say that every male in that company knows exactly why. They've known why ever since that Warcraft 3 night elf campaign menu picture with the huntress. It's a deeply held secret every man holds. Don't scroll over the spoiler if you don't want to see it. Men like to see naked beautiful women.

Menzen was just pandering to the current bay area morality neo-prude culture. His daughter may or may not have ever asked him that question, the important thing is that you believed him when he said it. Which is good PR. Good optics.
    that hidden secret you revealed is gonna get the thought police on you!! Next stop ministry of love!
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.