Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I am honestly in the other boat. I dislike everything about what end-game and the community around it has become (visit the trade channel to see more on why).
    On the other hand, the solo experience and the solo world is still fun.
    Or rather -- it became fun with 7.3.5 again. It is finally playable, so we have an aspect of the game that isn't a total drag or filled with toxicity.
    Another aspect of this discussion is in enjoying learning and executing the leveling process as well as you can. Believe it or not, I had more fun figuring out this guide than I did in most of Legion's end-game. I actually enjoy taking my time while leveling too, but I also enjoy doing things well. In this case "doing things well" means being the most efficient I can.

Really, people need to get off the "Us vs Them" train. Different people like different things about the game. There's no one RIGHT way to play.
    Fastest proven leveling up methods: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49085801

While question with my mage, at lv50 it takes me 9 Frost Bolts to kill a lv50 normal enemy (no procs).
    It's a pain in the ass.
    So far I did not enjoy it at all, the scaling seams off.
    If there is a 3-player elite that interrupts / cc's me (huge yeti / nasty elementals) it feels impossible to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Fun is subjective, as I just pointed out. What you are interested in isn't the same thing everyone wants. Some people just want raw speed, and that's OK. This guide is for them. If that's not what you want, then don't follow the guide. But don't tell other people that what they want doesn't make sense. :/
    It's okay to want raw speed but we are talking WarCraft here and not Need for Speed and by that I don't mean the drug.
    Lets say, you want the speed - why don't you just buy level boost? It's the fastest option out there.
    "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man loses his nerves"

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    While question with my mage, at lv50 it takes me 9 Frost Bolts to kill a lv50 normal enemy (no procs).
    It's a pain in the ass.
    So far I did not enjoy it at all, the scaling seams off.
    If there is a 3-player elite that interrupts / cc's me (huge yeti / nasty elementals) it feels impossible to solo.
    Well, why are you killing stuff exclusively with Frost Bolt? Tbh, with Elemental Force and Mark of the Hidden Satyr, level 50 enemies usually die on one or two hits (procs are increased on first hits for some reason). Also don't shy away from changing specs - front-loaded damage is great for world content.

I think a lot of the issues people have with the new balancing are simply because they're being sub-optimal for no reason. I can't say there has been a ramp up in difficulty at all. Open world, you can even keep doing the old tactic of "attack everything in sight at the same time", though that's hardly much faster than quickly dispatching them one by one. The increases to exp required affect leveling speed, the health and damage boosts do not - the bottleneck to leveling is movement, not killing. Before the changes, you killed as fast as you moved. That remains true after the changes, except now you need more exp, which makes it take longer, granted.

The changes do become noticeable in dungeons, though, but that's mostly due to bad players. When all DPS can't outdamage the tank, the fights just drag on forever and you have to stop moving to get things dead, but you get two good DPS, don't even need the third one to be good, and suddenly the dungeons go back to being exactly how they used to be: if the tank keeps moving, you'll kill the pack before he reaches the next one, returning the bottleneck to being "movement", except now dungeons have buffed XP after people complained, so they're even faster.

Leveling now is faster than it used to in some ways and slower in others. Scaling zones means less time wasted moving to new zone, that's faster. Higher health mobs makes it a little bit slower, not noticeably so, though. If you have a full group, leveling through dungeons seems insanely faster than it used to be, thanks to the buffs it got after people complained. If you don't have a good group, it's best to just drop the group and requeue later. Required exp increases do make it all slower, but there's no way to bypass that and I don't think Blizzard will go back on it.

I hate leveling. The only thing I hate more than leveling in WoW is questing in WoW, which is usually required for leveling. I still find the changes to be neutral at worst. Leveling is far too easy, but also too time-consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    Tbh, with Elemental Force and Mark of the Hidden Satyr, level 50 enemies usually die on one or two hits (procs are increased on first hits for some reason). Also don't shy away from changing specs - front-loaded damage is great for world content.
    Elemental force does ~200 damage.
    Frost bolt does ~800.
    Monster has 9k HP.
    One or two hits? Riiight.

Karazan at 71 saved my levelling, after the horrible struggle that was 60-71 I decided to give it a go. Did 71.5-80 in just over 2 hours, fantastic.

71-72 - Couldn't stay alive as Arm Warrior so switched to Prot - killed the mobs to the right up to stairs (watch out for the 72's they hurt)- left and reset.

73-74 - Back to Arms same mobs - gathered them all together and the Bladestorm'ed them down very effective and then often died

75+ - Just go right gather all the mobs, take them into boss room, gather and one shot them - watch XP bar shoot up

Next was Pandaland and I'm 83 already, quests give good XP and are relatively short. Stuff dies pretty fast as well.

Kara is well worth it.
    wolf359#2766 Armoury

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    The fault may lie with Frostbolt itself. Looking at the damage breakdown at, say, a greater invasion boss, the % of damage that frostbolt contributes is miniscule. Frost is about procs and icicles.
    If you want to punch a nuke into their face, I'm surprised at how effective arcane can be. If you can manage the charges well in the open world, it will serve you well and you will hit hard.

What I did when I leveled, since I did do it as frost, was doing as large pulls as possible. Orb, Blizzard and spam lances. That or shatter combos.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2018-06-19 at 12:50 PM.

Defence of Nahom has been nerfed. I was getting 8xp a kill. Half the time I got nothing. Sigh.