Poll: What do you expect Blizzard to change or remove?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting to run a similar poll in the retail wow sub-forum, 'would you play classic wow if' and then a gradual degree of change list - starting with 'i would play classic if no changes were made' and then adding more and more nerfs, dumbdowns, qollies, braindrains, etc., from small stuff up to mass nerf and trivialization and portaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    you forgot the option: None of the above.
    see post 13 and 15.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think none. They said they want to provide the vanilla experience. The only changes they have alluded to being interested in discussing are those which happened during Vanilla's lifetime, like whether Blackrock Spire should be a 10 or 15 player instance.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I think none. They said they want to provide the vanilla experience. The only changes they have alluded to being interested in discussing are those which happened during Vanilla's lifetime, like whether Blackrock Spire should be a 10 or 15 player instance.
    didn't they ask if class balance would 'feel classic?'
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

None of those things will be changed. And for the record the lock mount quest was still cheaper than buying an epic mount outright so it's a substantial cost savings

None? Those are not even that bad, considering things that could be changed for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zydas View Post
    None of those things will be changed. And for the record the lock mount quest was still cheaper than buying an epic mount outright so it's a substantial cost savings
    how about paladin mount (the only one I did), I recall that the materials could (on some servers) be worth a similar amount to just training riding/buying mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    didn't they ask if class balance would 'feel classic?'
    I believe that was a rhetorical question to which the obvious answer you do not need to give is "no, it wouldn't", which is why they are only interested in discussing changes that actually happened during classic back in the day, like if BRS should be 10 or 15, or if X class should be as it was in 1.12.1(end of classic), or should it be how it was in an earlier patch(how it was at launch? Midway through?)? etc... Not adding things that happened in patch 2.0 or later, because those things defeat the purpose of classic.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-03-20 at 05:47 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

But that would be player dictated prices, and high/low pop reasons; that is not a fault of the item itself. All of those items could drop, iirc so you could get them yourself. Theoretically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    None? Those are not even that bad, considering things that could be changed for the better.
    if you think these are not bad, we could move on to phase 2 -

allow group portals to dungeons
    increase flight paths and graveyards
    riding at 20 and 40
    4.0 talent system!

I am only being sarcastic in the sense that I think blizzard will be more subtle nerfing and trivializing classic leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that was a rhetorical question to which the obvious answer you do not need to give is "no, it wouldn't", which is why they are only interested in discussing changes that actually happened during classic back in the day, like if BRS should be 10 or 15, or if X class should be as it was in 1.12.1, or should it be how it was in an earlier patch? etc... Not adding things that happened in patch 2.0 or later, because those things defeat the purpose of classic.
    do we have the same definition of the word 'rhetorical?'

I personally think its fair to have a discussion about classes/specs in Classic, considering class balancing as a philosophy didn't exist back then as it does now. The idea of a "hybrid tax" was obviously not very good in the grand scheme of overarching class design and it made some specs arguably not viable/unplayable. I'm not suggesting we make huge changes or even small changes at all for that matter, but that it is a worthwhile conversation to have.
    It's more of a personal opinion. As you've read numerous times, the team for Classic is just now coming together, so I wouldn't say there's much of an opinion internally one way or the other.

This is more so a "we", the Community team, remember that class balance was one of the more contentious discussions during the early days - and it could be useful feedback to continue those discussion so we can have a concrete place to look at how players feel Classic balance should be.

Should class balance be left as it was, or should it be tweaked within a certain margin, or should it be constantly tuned and worked on? I'm not so certain that any specific one is the default, correct choice.
    actually ;they; have said the discusion can include whether the server even needs to be 1:1 classic at all.

everything can potentially be on the table, if the community demands it!

I am sure I have linked the blue post in question to you already.(?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    But that would be player dictated prices, and high/low pop reasons; that is not a fault of the item itself. All of those items could drop, iirc so you could get them yourself. Theoretically.
    3 Black Dragonscales
    1 Arcanite Bar
    2 Elixers of Shadow Power
    25 Dark Iron Ore
    6 Large Brilliant Shards

it looks like, theoreticall, you could get mining and enchanting, get all the needed thorium ore, arcane crystals that way, as well as the dark iron ore, and the shards, then drop one and get alchemy, level it up, and transmute and make the potions.

This is what you meant by theoretically (near-maxing then dropping professions to do the quest?)
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-03-20 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure I have linked the blue post in question to you already.(?)
    And since that blue post, this was said, by someone much higher on the food chain:
    "If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way. What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important."

They aren't interested in changing the classic experience, they aren't even interested in it appealing to a large audiance... They are interested in preserving the history of it, not rewriting it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-03-20 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this was brack, and didn't he say it before the class balance stuff? but at any rate -

you really believe activision-blizzard doesnt' care if tens of people show up and play for years? That they are HIRING people for a project without regard for whether it will even cover the expense involved?

Bobby Kotick has suddenly converted into a non-profit org dedicated to preserving video game history (while they have several billion in debt from the King acquisition still).

how about paladin mount (the only one I did), I recall that the materials could (on some servers) be worth a similar amount to just training riding/buying mount.
    I vaguely remember the Lock mount mats costing 500-600 gold I have no idea about the pally one though as I never played one.

I doubt any of those would come into play because those all impact game balance in some way, which is one of the only things we can get anyone on these forums to agree should be avoided.

Nothing except bugs