Poll: How do you feel about playable vulpera?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer other allied races, but otherwise I don't care as I wouldn't play one.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Aren’t the NPC’s in a Horde zone?
    I think so, but isn't it the Zone that will open up to the Alliance for "max level content" for all we know...they could be oppressed in that zone, and need Alliance help. *Wishful thinking*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I think so, but isn't it the Zone that will open up to the Alliance for "max level content" for all we know...they could be oppressed in that zone, and need Alliance help. *Wishful thinking*
    Not sure they're going to betray the people that freed them from slavery and oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Not sure they're going to betray the people that freed them from slavery and oppression.
    I did say "*wishful thinking*"

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    Alliance has officially become the faction of furries, lol (assuming they ARE alliance, which I hope they are)

I’m excited regardless, they look really good so far, can’t wait to find out the classes!
    I'm sorry to disapoint you, but their race is one of the factions where you need to level reputation on the horde.

I believe their faction is called Voldunai:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Voldunai

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care but there are many other allied races that are ACTUAL allied races in game that Blizzard havent implemented...

like Ogres, Leper Gnomes, Hozen, Jinyu, Wildhammer Dwarf, Children of Cenarius, Furbolgs, Taunka, and Mok'nathal. All actual races actually within the Horde or Alliance that have not been made playable yet

Hope they all will be playable at some point
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I'll be honest. If they will be playable, it will be probably finally the reason to stop playing WoW altogether. Not because I hate them per say, but WoW is drifting away from what I imagined it will be, when I started playing WoW years ago and Vulpera will be like "yea, they are not trying to hide it, so I guess it's not game for me/my generation anymore".. and that's okay.
    What generation is that?

I mean, not for you, sure, no arguing with that, but for an entire motherfucking generation dude? You need to identify that generation. Gen X? Yeah, maybe, but I don't even know about that. I'm right at the tail end of Gen X, crossover to Gen Y/Millennial, and honestly the times I've liked WoW most were Vanilla, parts of TBC, WotLK, and Legion, and BFA is looking to be at least of a similar quality and style.

I spent a lot of time mocking Furries in the early days of the internet (kinda sorry because a lot of Furries are actually perfect fine but also not, there were a lot of really obnoxiously behaved Furries back then), but I have no particularly problem with an animal-man race in a game full of animal-man races. Fennec Fox is a good choice, too, because it's not a lame cliche (and only second or third tier Furry-bait, unlike say big cats, wolves, dragons, "proper" foxes and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I don't care but there are many other allied races that are ACTUAL allied races in game that Blizzard havent implemented...

like Ogres, Leper Gnomes, Hozen, Jinyu, Wildhammer Dwarf, Children of Cenarius, Furbolgs, Taunka, and Mok'nathal. All actual races actually within the Horde or Alliance that have not been made playable yet

Hope they all will be playable at some point
    If they never do Hozen it will be too soon.

Agree re: most of the rest, albeit Mok'nathal are rarer than any race we know of that's playable, even the fanciest (which doesn't rule them out but...), and I'm not sure Children of Cenarius are actual free-willed beings with classes, thoughts, hopes, dreams, dwelling-places, families and so on. I'm pretty sure they're quasi-immortal creations rather than... er... people, even if they have individuality.

Ogres when they do them, I want them to do them right, so I can wait.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2018-03-20 at 08:14 PM.

Highly negative, but nothing can fuck this game more than pandas did. So whatever. At this point it already doesn't matters. Hope they stay at horde at least, so if for whatever weird unknown to me at a time reason I ever play on retail again, I'd at least be able to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What generation is that?

I mean, not for you, sure, no arguing with that, but for an entire motherfucking generation dude? You need to identify that generation. Gen X? Yeah, maybe, but I don't even know about that. I'm right at the tail end of Gen X, crossover to Gen Y/Millennial, and honestly the times I've liked WoW most were Vanilla, parts of TBC, WotLK, and Legion, and BFA is looking to be at least of a similar quality and style.
    I just feel I outgrow "this" wow. I can't describe it in a right way i guess, but again..race itself is not main issue. It just another huge sign for me, WoW is probably aiming on different group people now. Maybe younger, or just different and that's fine. 14 years is 14 years and I had my share of fun, but this is not wow I wanted to play. Maybe I generalized too much, but I still feel it is more age issue than some "preference".

For me, it is simple. Warcraft is full of interesting races. And players would love to play many of them. These fox people came out of nowhere and IF they will be playable, it is not because it is fan service, it is not certainly first race, which came to mind, when they were deciding for another playable race..they are not adding them because it makes sense, they are adding it for very specific reason - and surely it is not to satisfy 30+ year old guy.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Maybe I generalized too much, but I still feel it is more age issue than some "preference".
    It don't think it's age alone or primarily. I'm older than you and I quite like the Vulpera. Ironically I think if I was like, a teenager or twenty-something I might find them off-putting because they're too cutesy, but at our age? Pfffft, I'm long past being put off something because it's cutesy.

Gameplay-wise WoW has pretty much always been a broad church, catering for all ages, but the core high-end raiding gameplay has always been aimed at 20-somethings, in every single expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lack an opinion on them, beyond "I wont play as one if they turn out to be an allied race."
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Confirmed, the Vulpera will be Horde.

Playable classes:
    - Beauty Pageant (New class!)
    - Waiter or Glass holder (New class!)
    - Rogue / Hunter / Mage / Priest / Death Knight and Demon Hunter also listed.

Racial traits:
    Delusional: Get a x% to get something by just thinking it should exist.
    Furry: Gain faction reputation boost and vendor discount for being just cute. Only works with female and underaged male NPC/vendors.
    Pet Battle Master: Allows your character to play as a pet in Pet Battle.
    Other traits not yet announced.

Discuss!

Troll
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2018-03-20 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It don't think it's age alone or primarily. I'm older than you and I quite like the Vulpera. Ironically I think if I was like, a teenager or twenty-something I might find them off-putting because they're too cutesy, but at our age? Pfffft, I'm long past being put off something because it's cutesy.

Gameplay-wise WoW has pretty much always been a broad church, catering for all ages, but the core high-end raiding gameplay has always been aimed at 20-somethings, in every single expansion.
    Gameplay is not an issue. I always loved Warcraft for settings. I always saw Warcraft as "Warhammer lite". Diverse races,each with some agenda, sometimes funny, sometimes gritty but all still believable as some sort of "fantasy" game. But for me, it is just moving away from it. We have pandas, spaceships, now anime-esque playable races - I just don't recognize it anymore and can't find connection I had before. That's all.

I don't mean it in way "Look, I am superior to kiddos here". I just feel I am no longer target audience for WoW and I believe they are trying to attract more people - who can accept wow for what it is. Not what I imagined it will be.

I'll race-change my rogue to one if they become playable for Horde. Maybe even if they're Alliance, although I never end up sticking to Alliance characters. I think they're neat, have good looking models and am interested to see how they get developed. Honestly the majority of the backlash strikes me as way more immature and juvenile than having a few "cutesy" races in the game would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind having them in-game. We have a lot sentient human-like animals already.

Cows, goats, cats, wolves, walruses, birds, pandas, bears, pigs, fishes, insects...

Foxes fit in just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Vulpera are arguably already closer to being in a playable state than Kul Tirans. They started getting customization options and even character create and select screen flags in the ChrRaces database back in February, while the Kul Tirans still don't have them yet.
    Kul'Tirans are confirmed. Vulpera are not. That puts them light years ahead.

Don't really care if they are added as alliance or horde. It doesn't affect my playing experience what so ever.

I personally don't really care - and I'm unlikely to play as one - but I think that if they were added there's an 80% chance I could finally get my wife to play as one, which would be cool. I've never gotten her to play for more than about an hour before she decided she'd rather have me run D&D again.

I will for certain not quit because they're added, heck, I will probably make one. But as strange as it sounds having said that, I don't really want them in the game.

My reason for this is I don't really feel they have a proper place. They, imo, seem to be there to cater to those who want "a small, super cute race", which is usually only found in JMMORPGs/Asian MMOs. I feel they bring that vibe, and I don't want JMMORPG vibe in WoW. But, as I said, when they're implemented I will probably make one. They might have some fun and interesting lore even.
    I would much rather have a version of Goblin other than Vulpera, as they share the same skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    What in the holy hell is a Vulpera

There ya go!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-03-21 at 03:05 AM.