Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Pretty easy to heal without addons, f1-f5.
    or just click on the frame because using f1-f5 is horrendous.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post

I am in the alpha but personally I can't heal without addons
    Wut...

It's leveling dungeons. How hard is it to heal with default UI and mouse over macros? You ain't mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    or just click on the frame because using f1-f5 is horrendous.
    True, but it is an option.

Addons have always been banned from use in all alpha tests that blizzard have done, but in previous alphas (Mop, Wod and Legion) it was possible to do a memory edit in the exe file to modify it so that it would allow addons and blizz would just turn a blind eye on this.

However in BFA, Blizzard has tried to intervene addon use during Battle for Azeroth Alpha three times (since the first Alpha build to build 26175).

I am in the alpha but personally I can't heal without addons so I play DPS to test stuff.

Just curious as to what peoples thoughts are of using addons in alphas.
    I think you will just have to do as you are... play/test what you can and wait until a later version of the test allows addons or until 8.0 is released on the PTR. I think it's more important that the game get tested in it's Blizzard state, than with any addons at all.

This might be an opportunity to see if the default interface may have changed enough to facilitate your healing.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Addons have always been banned from use in all alpha tests that blizzard have done, but in previous alphas (Mop, Wod and Legion) it was possible to do a memory edit in the exe file to modify it so that it would allow addons and blizz would just turn a blind eye on this.

However in BFA, Blizzard has tried to intervene addon use during Battle for Azeroth Alpha three times (since the first Alpha build to build 26175).

I am in the alpha but personally I can't heal without addons so I play DPS to test stuff.

Just curious as to what peoples thoughts are of using addons in alphas.
    I only skimmed the thread, but along with the priority of testing stability and system related issues, the tuning of numbers isn't something that will happen until well into the beta stage, which is when addons will be enabled once again. It's at that point when the nuance of meters and logs will play into it.
    At this point, Blizzard is more concerned with getting everything on the table first before working on the polish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluimerstand View Post
    I personally don't get why some people are so dependant on AddOns like Healbot. Using some mouse-over macro's and the regular raid frames you can do close to the same thing, the only limitation being you have to use keybindings rather than the main mouse buttons. (That's a thing Healbot does, right?)

Anyways, Blizzard is probably trying to get better quality feedback by making sure everyone's alpha experience is the same and unaltered by AddOns.
    Because they suck ass.

A better question is why people even care about testing a game they are going to play anyway...Most pointless thing ever.

But yes, having no addons would certainly not make me wan't to play any alpha or beta for WoW, cause fuck wow without addons.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They made it a bit harder to enable addons in one of recent builds, but it's still possible. Just takes a bit more effort.

Why do some people find it difficult to understand that some players need addons? I have a disability IRL and I use one particular addon to help me play. is there any need to take such a pathetic attitude toward addon users?
    My first thing if this was the case was an alpha tester to open a report and fill out the form letting Blizzard know this information. It might even make Blizzard realize they need to add the features the add-on brings and make it not needed. Much like the color-blindness mode.

Why is this even a thread? Of course you can't use add-ons during Alpha testing. The whole point is to find the bugs, something that can't be done with add-ons fiddling with the code. Even in the live game, one of the first things they have you do when you report an issue is disable your add-ons to see if they caused the problem. This is common sense.

Why is this even a thread?
    Addons have always been discouraged during Alpha and this time they decided to enforce it a little harder, maybe some of their API code changed and they want to see how it interacts with the rest of the massive pile of spaghetti that is WoW before letting the unwashed masses loose on it.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Mouse Over macros and you never need a plugin again. /thread.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like the alpha is to test if the base game is playable.

What, why complain about this when the game is in an alpha state? xD Time for add-ons to be tested will come later down the line, lets make the game run stable on its own first shall we?

Agreed. I would fully expect Addons to be available at the time of beta's release. If you are dying to see damage meters/reports, Warcraft Logs is still able to log the Alpha by simply pointing it at your Alpha clients combat log.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the alpha does NOT need at this time is addons. My quest log is full of quests that I can't complete because either the quest giver you hand it in to has gone to lunch...and Jamaica or somewhere and hasn't come back, mobs phase out as soon as you get close to an objective, or the map is just totally borked and marked wrong. Addons would do nothing but mess up the developers on finding out what the cause to the problems are. I'm not the only one with these problems either...many players are experiencing the same things. But report report report.

I have never eve rused addons to heal, except for decursive to save making a macro everything i use is just mouse over macros

how do you need addons to heal? are you seriously that bad?

You don't need mouseover macros or addons to heal, i've heal m+15 with my alts (druid, paladin, shaman alt) with blizzard frames.
    BUT it's really important to use "Raid-Style Party Frames" and config them a bit.

I really don't know why Blizzard insists on using the old party frames for healers. That's quite a turn off for healers!
    Everyone does heal different, but i don't know one person that likes to heal with the normal party frames

Edit: i've just send in the report that Blizzard should promote this option more clearly for healers as many don't seem to know it.
    Last edited by Merador; 2018-03-21 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont need addons to test a normal dungeon or similar things
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

An example of this would be left and right mouse clicks on raid frames with a combination of alt/shift/ctrl without clique or healbot?. It is just not possible with macros.

This is just one example, There are lots of other reasons i need them apart from this that i wont go into on here
    Sorry to hear that's the case

You could try mouseover and modifier macro functions to have similar but not the same functionality if you really wanted to, but it might take a lot of setup time.