Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    One pug today, the entire world tomorrow.
    so tomorrow all pugs will be performing actions to their owners satirical take on things to offended thin skinned people? cool I'm down with that.
    #boycottchina

Anyone claiming that he was threatening lives and therefore deserves to be locked up is an idiot. Unless of course they think the same of virtually every comedian ever, including our good friend George Carlin, and even then you'd still be a fucking idiot, just not a raging hypocrite.

Last edited by Veldoranz; 2018-03-21 at 12:44 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    free speech is one thing, however even free speech has limits. Nazis, Neo Nazis etc should not be given the right of free speech when all they do is spout hatred and incite violence. there is a line, and some people cross it way, way too much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Well we're not just looking at this video or the other in particular. It's more the combination and the fact that he made it after already being in a court battle for over a year. There are other video examples as well. He's a pretty constant defender of the alt right. We also don't have witness testimony that the court had.

Like I said, I agree one of these videos in particular isn't worthy of jail time but the combination and timing of them indicates he has zero remorse for his actions. That with the fact he has a public defender doesn't help.
    But he got arrested for the video right? Which shouldnt have happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    free speech is one thing, however even free speech has limits. Nazis, Neo Nazis etc should not be given the right of free speech when all they do is spout hatred and incite violence. there is a line, and some people cross it way, way too much
    Dankula isn't a neo-nazi...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    There is a difference to saying 'Kill all infidels' and 'Saying kill all infidels is a bad thing'.

Actually calling for actual violence is bad, I think we can all agree on that.
    So him saying 'gas the jews' doesn't sound violent to you?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    free speech just isn't respected in the UK.

if you value free speech, move to the US. you'll have issues with healthcare, but at least you're not a prisoner in your own mind.
    Or just get off of social media like I did. Social media is a cancer and everyone should abandon it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    So him saying 'gas the jews' doesn't sound violent to you?
    Context is important

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? They have hate speech laws. That's how it works. They arrested him and investigated him and he went through court to see if he truly held those beliefs and they determined he did. So, yes. He was arrested for the single incident of the video but likely convicted because of a combination of several other factors.
    Because it was a joke! Its not hate speech to teach your dog to salute to a hitler video!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Free speech in the UK isn't in trouble, it is now dead.

Following the UK's recent decision to block three right wing activists from entering the country for fear they would "spread hate speech", a Scottish court has just found online comedian Count Dankula guilty of hate crimes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8265301.html

For those unaware, Count Dankula uploaded a video to youtube of his girlfriends dog doing Nazi salutes. The video, while distasteful, went viral and was watched over 3 million times before being pulled. Despite receiving no official complaint, Count Dankula (Mark Meechan) was arrested and charged for hate crime by Scottish authorities for:

It was a fucking video of a dog raising it's paw. Menacing? Seriously???

Comedians in the UK beware, try and be edgy on stage and find yourself in prison. This is an outrage and one of the greatest hits to free speech I can remember. Meechan will be sentenced in April and potentially faces time in prison.
    I thought the UK believed it'd all get better if they left the EU, not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    I haven't ignored that. Still do not believe it is or should be a prosecutable offense.
    It isn't a prosecutable offense to say gas the Jews.

Gas the Jews
    Gas the Jews
    Gas the Jews

See, nothing is happening.

You are confusing freedom of speech with immigration regulations. Immigration is a lot easier to regulate than free speech and human garbage who thinks we should gas the Jews can easily be kept out. He can still send his idiotic speech all over the very same country but just not physically be there.

Deleted
    they need to cremate to dog to prevent martyrdom or it becoming a relic

Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Context is important

- - - Updated - - -

Because it was a joke! Its not hate speech to teach your dog to salute to a hitler video!
    If i was to go up to a group of police officers and say 'does anyone smell bacon' 23 times, would you be surprised/shocked if i got beaten by the officers? You can't just say whatever you want and follow it up with 'it was just a joke bro' and not expect to face consequences.

Deleted
    He did far more than what you're implying. I'm sure that wasn't really the relevant part of the video.

And just claiming "it's a joke" doesn't invalidate your actions. It doesn't give you a free pass to say and do as you please as long as it was just a joke.
    Again, context is important.

Yes he was saying gas the jews. And that made the dog salute. Thats pretty funny.
    also hes called Count Dankula and is a Comedian, and posts joke videos. Hes not an alt-right poster boy and a member of Britain First.

- - - Updated - - -

If i was to go up to a group of police officers and say 'does anyone smell bacon' 23 times, would you be surprised/shocked if i got beaten by the officers? You can't just say whatever you want and follow it up with 'it was just a joke bro' and not expect to face consequences.
    holy fuck

Context is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Again, context is important.

Yes he was saying gas the jews. And that made the dog salute. Thats pretty funny.
    also hes called Count Dankula and is a Comedian, and posts joke videos. Hes not an alt-right poster boy and a member of Britain First.

- - - Updated - - -

holy fuck

Context is important.
    'Talk shit, get hit', thats all i can say m8

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Your inability to value freedom of expression is pretty insane here.
    It's amazing how often people practice thought policing... like when they want to ban people based on religion...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's amazing how often people practice thought policing... like when they want to ban people based on religion...
    It is crazy, people can believe whatever they want as long as it does not effect others in a negative way.

This whole thing is pretty insane, but it is why I got off of social media because you never know who or what is going to be your downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is crazy, people can believe whatever they want as long as it does not effect others in a negative way.

This whole thing is pretty insane, but it is why I got off of social media because you never know who or what is going to be your downfall.
    I have simply found it easier to not really give a shit about what others think about me.

Deleted
    'Talk shit, get hit', thats all i can say m8
    Yeah by the public, thats how freedom of speech is meant to work.

Not locked up by the government. Thats thought-police shit that just gives fuel to the extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have simply found it easier to not really give a shit about what others think about me.
    I don't, but social media is also a big waste of life if you are not someone who has something to gain from it like a business or celebrity.

Time to arrest 90% of the posters on this forum for "publicly" saying something offensive...