Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL seriously, 75? I stopped bothering with the mindless grind at 60, not like it makes much of a difference.
    Actually, the traits do give you quite a boost if you get the right ones.

On topic: My warrior did great during progress. We did not even have a monk in our team and haven't had any since BrF. That was a tank and a healer though. I don't think anyone in my guild mained a monk DPS since MoP.
    So no, I did not have that issue.

I suffer from social anxiety which ALWAYS manages to convince me that I'm the worst player present in a group, which is only enforced if I'm also the lowest ilvl player, which I tend to be since I focus on itemization over ilvl.

I do my best and ignore the voice, that's about all I can do.

Something I've learned over the years of playing however, is that the most vocal "hardcore" players, tend to also be middle of the pack or even below in terms of performance. Quietly confident is a rare thing.

920 gear isn't exactly cutting edge, so I assume you haven't raid that much.
    Do as much raiding as you can ( even if you are saved or don't need the gear) log the fights and compare your logs with players in similar gear, and you'll get much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I hate it when your class relies on certain items to play well. Like Soul Capacitor in HfC. It's bad design. Bad!

OT: Just try your best. Gems, enchants, simcraft and research your class/spec, and hope to God your don't need that certain item.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    I hate it when your class relies on certain items to play well. Like Soul Capacitor in HfC. It's bad design. Bad!

OT: Just try your best. Gems, enchants, simcraft and research your class/spec, and hope to God your don't need that certain item.
    Thats the sad thing about Fury warrior, CoF is BiS even now, two tiers later.. If you look at logs, every fury warrior is using one.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Do any of you ever feel insecure about your dps in groups?
    Like lets say your class A and theres a guy thats class B
    Class A does 1.8M dps
    While class B does 2.2M DPS
    Both of you are 970, have bis leg's, are at 75 points in your weapon and have 4 set.
    This is kinda what im feeling right now with fury warrior, as a 920 fury warrior, with no cof or 4 set/bloodbath im doing less dps than my 898 ww monk.
    I mean people tell me that fury relies heavily on the cof and the 4 set bonus with bloodbath but...really? Why the hell does such a spec even exist if it relies on the cof gimmick while forcing bloodbath over inner rage for more dps?
    Some facts:

Fury is a top tier spec in Antorus. CoF is incredibly valuable. You're 920 ilvl, which is very low. Why do you even care about your dps yet?

You're above example of 970 ilvl players where one does 1.8m dps and the other 2.2 doesn't seem to apply to you given the other information. 1.8 isn't bad, anyway. Some classes are better than others. Some players perform better than others.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-03-22 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Are you suggesting there is an another differentiator to rate someone's performance besides gear?

psst ...

That differentiator is "skill" and it is actually much more important than your item level. Knowing the fights, knowing your rotation, knowing when to use your cooldowns, ...
    Unfortunately this is something that cannot be seen when you signup in game, therefore "ilvl is king".

10+ Year Old Account
    Do fury warriors even do a lot of AoE damage? Because WW monks do really well on short burst AoE encounters which is basically what dungeons are.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Spotted the dead weight! The difference between a 60 trait weapon and a 75 trait weapon is HUGE.

To the OP:
    As long as you know you're doing all you can with the current gear you have, then there really isn't much to feel insecure about. Either you have to stock up on reroll tokens and spam NH in hopes to get that trinket, while also farming Argus to buy the 910 trinkets, or you suck it up and play as you do.
    But in the end if you really want to perform well as fury, it seems you have to actually farm and get that trinket, no matter how stupid it is.
    Thats such terrible class design though :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Don't worry, just as in life many people are carried through and over time you can learn from them. Now WoW is toxic which is the real problem, people are not willing to tell people what they are doing wrong in a polite manner, and a lot of people do not know how to take constructive criticism so it is a stale mate a lot of times.

No. I'm usually at the bottom of the pack on my Havoc DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not insecure but sometimes frustrated. There are a few things about 5 man DPS that can be annoying:

1) Gear. If you're way under geared compared to the other 2, yeah, you'll lag behind.
    2) Set bonuses or legendaries being key to a spec. I can' do much about not having those aside from, for sets, do whatever raid I need and pray about the legendary.
    3) Some specs are great at burst, others need to ramp up and if you hav 2 other high DPS and play a ramp up spec, guess what? yeah...
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-03-22 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Thats such terrible class design though :|
    Horrible in fact. So glad I'm not playing Fury :P Having to farm old content to get an item that is actually needed to perform well is just wrong. Especially two tiers under.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, I am usually TOP DPS so no problem here ;-)
    ... on a more serious note: I understand that feeling whenever I play alt.
    This 10 char

5+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the class/talents I'm playing. When I'm playing my main, Balance Druid, I really don't like my boss damage. Pulling 1.5/1.6 on a boss when the lock and warrior are both pulling over 2.2m feels bad. Then again on trash I'm dominating them like they called me daddy. It also depends on if you are doing mechanics or not. I'll dodge AoE, switch targets on spawns, watch for interrupts, etc and of course that will cost me DPS, but your healer will notice if you take 60-70 less healing than someone who tunnels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Me personally, unless im playing enhancement shaman, i suck at dps. Tanking or healing on the other hand, I am rather good if i do say so myself

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    DPS METERS ARE NOT A MEASURE OF HOW GOOD A PLAYER YOU ARE!!!

sorry, all caps was required.

people can cheese dps meters and deliberately inflate their dps to make it look like they're the bestest player in the world ever, when really, they just blew cooldowns on every trash pack.

things like timing your personal cooldowns perfectly on any given fight in accordance with mechanics can help, but measure your success in boss kills, not raw dps output.
    they are. thats their single puropose, to evaluate player performance.

DPS is a measurement of potential damage output over time.
    I myself am much more looking at the actual „Damage dealt“ section, when compared to DPS, the positions oftenly differ a lot

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    DPS METERS ARE NOT A MEASURE OF HOW GOOD A PLAYER YOU ARE!!!

sorry, all caps was required.

people can cheese dps meters and deliberately inflate their dps to make it look like they're the bestest player in the world ever, when really, they just blew cooldowns on every trash pack.

things like timing your personal cooldowns perfectly on any given fight in accordance with mechanics can help, but measure your success in boss kills, not raw dps output.
    I understand what you want to say, but I think you are not completely right.
    Be aware I am only talking about content that most consider as difficult so high level m+. I am not even looking at mythics raids because they work a bit different with a even larger focus on mechanics.
    Of course for a dps role there is much more than just the pure damage you do (e.g. avoid damage, use your interrupt and CCs, do mechanics...) but if one DPS has done 50% of the groups DPS at the end of a dungeon that usually means that he has done his job very well. It is actually right in many situations to pop every cooldown on thrash as soon as it is ready, because it lets you finish the dungeon faster and makes harder thrash packs more managable (again, only talking about high level m+ here).
    Also, and this is just my personal experience, I almost never saw a player who did a shit ton of dps and had serious problems with mechanics.

If you look at raids however I totally agree, pure DPS does not matter here. Just look at bosses like Hazabel where 1-3 people have orb duty. They will never really compete with the other players in terms of DPS but if they fail usually the whole group dies. Again, this is just an example, I know that orb duty on Hazabel is not THAT hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It just means that you need to learn how to optimize your class play.
    The person you quoted is in a world mythic progression guild.

Now what?
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long