Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Blood Elves are, as a matter of fact, High Elves.

    That is an established fact. I'm not even sure why Game Director had to reiterate the obvious.
    Just like Americans are Brits, yet they're considered 2 different "races" too. Try a better excuse.

  2. #42
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    16,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    Sounds like you are going to stop with WoW after today because you are content with everything you've gotten. I don't believe that you have nothing that you would wish for in WoW. Really nothing?
    I guess I'd like all the removed/no longer obtainable items to be made available again. I'd like Blizzard to stop sucking at writing and storytelling. I'd like gameplay systems similar to what we had in MoP.

    I've accepted that none of those things will probably change. I play because it gives me something to do between single player releases.

  3. #43
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Oh like how races between light and dark is good. Say wanna know that would make Alliance and Horde more to their real faction identity?

    Alliance: High Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Stormguard Vrykuls, Draenei Broken, and any subrace or old past ally that fits with Alliance theme.

    Horde: Ogres, Forest Trolls, Taunka Tauren, Undead Elves, and any subrace or old past ally that fits with Horde theme.

    Asspull races like Lightforged Humans, Void Orcs, or whatever stupid theme from void and light doesn't help the lore of those factions. You can kept saying "You aren't getting playable High Elves" All you can it wouldn't change a fact that blizzard still screw up their lore and make it less interesting.

    This Case of this Ridiculous claim is done.
    You can say what you want, but if you can't read the writing on the wall and see where Blizzard are going with this, then you really must be blind.

  4. #44
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    Er yes. Thats why Belfs are getting Golden Eyes and Void elves are becoming a thing. Because that storyline is starting now. You see?
    Er no. Because we doesn't know the entire narrative yet. Void Elves were a thing in february and not becoming on at BfA launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I guess I'd like all the removed/no longer obtainable items to be made available again. I'd like Blizzard to stop sucking at writing and storytelling. I'd like gameplay systems similar to what we had in MoP.

    I've accepted that none of those things will probably change. I play because it gives me something to do between single player releases.
    From this you would also like for High Elves to not be released as an Allied Race but based on your logic you would just accept it and move on as you wrote before about the things that doesn't go how you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd accept it and move on.
    You cant make YOUR opinion stomp everyone elses.
    Last edited by mmocfcf20dc9e1; 2018-03-25 at 01:21 AM.

  5. #45
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Just like Americans are Brits, yet they're considered 2 different "races" too. Try a better excuse.
    Bad Example. Americans are a complete mix of many EU countries, UK being less than a quarter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    Er no. Because we doesn't know the entire narrative yet. Void Elves were a thing in february and not becoming on at BfA launch.
    Hence why I said if you can't see where they are going with this then you must be blind. Its all starting here. Hence why you aren't getting Helfs. Argue all you want.

  6. #46
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In New Austin... or thereabouts.
    Posts
    25,080
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post



    Because your so fine with stupid races like fox and snake people than a true essence of a alliance faction theme race. Players who wanted to have high elves should be upset and shouldn't screwed over by some stupid dark bad fanfiction race.
    Like I said, hilarious. You're the embodiment of entitlement issues.
    Also, what the devs think >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> what you think, in terms of what races make it as playable or not.
    Hamsters will rule The World!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    How dumb are you people. Void elves aren't a consolation prize, they aren't an asspull. They are the start of a storyline that will evolve from the dichotomy between the Void Elves and the Blood (read Light) Elves.

    Its not bloody rocket science.
    I mean I disagree with adding High Elves as playable, but Void Elves WERE an asspull. First they introduce Alleria back in, and now she's suddenly got void powers out of nowhere. Then somehow a group of Elves that were told to stop screwing with the void gets minor void powers, and becomes a playable race within the same questline.

    There was no foreshadowing, or narrative sleight-of-hand at all, they just suddenly popped up out of nowhere. I understand they may well be adding in a storyline of light vs dark, but that doesn't mean they didn't originate from an asspull.

  8. #48
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I mean I disagree with adding High Elves as playable, but Void Elves WERE an asspull. First they introduce Alleria back in, and now she's suddenly got void powers out of nowhere. Then somehow a group of Elves that were told to stop screwing with the void gets minor void powers, and becomes a playable race within the same questline.

    There was no foreshadowing, or narrative sleight-of-hand at all, they just suddenly popped up out of nowhere. I understand they may well be adding in a storyline of light vs dark, but that doesn't mean they didn't originate from an asspull.
    Isnt that how storylines start? At one point Murlocs were an asspull, heck every race was an asspull at some point. Gotta start somewhere.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    How dumb are you people. Void elves aren't a consolation prize, they aren't an asspull. They are the start of a storyline that will evolve from the dichotomy between the Void Elves and the Blood (read Light) Elves.

    Its not bloody rocket science.
    You're banking on that being the case. Personally I have no faith that Blizzard will develop the storyline of any of the allied races beyond those that we're going to see in the new expansion.


    Face it. They're a consolation. They're a "well high elves don't really make sense, so we're gonna give you these guys no one's ever heard of before because they're kind of the same thing." They're just like the lightforged. Slightly different races that were needed to round out the alliance side.

    It's not bloody rocket science.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #50
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    16,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    From this you would also like for High Elves to not be released as an Allied Race but based on your logic you would just accept it and move on as you wrote before about the things that doesn't go how you like.

    You cant make YOUR opinion stomp everyone elses.
    If High Elves are released it'd be incredibly disappointing and my faith in Blizzard would diminish to an all time low. But I'd probably still keep playing, probably whilst trying to give less of a damn about lore.
    If they added forest Trolls at the same time then they'd have butchered Blood Elf Lore beyond belief and any fucks I give about WoW lore would be gone.

  11. #51
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    Bad Example. Americans are a complete mix of many EU countries, UK being less than a quarter.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hence why I said if you can't see where they are going with this then you must be blind. Its all starting here. Hence why you aren't getting Helfs. Argue all you want.
    Ofcourse I can as everyone else see that we will be dabbling more with the old gods in the future. You do realize things can be implemented only for that expansion right and still be playable afterwards but the focus is not on that particular feature. TBC Draenei, Blood Elves, WotLK DK's, Cata Worgen, Goblins, Mop Pandaren Monk, WoD Garrison, Legion Artifacts. But NEITHER of these were focused on in the following expansions but are still live. I don't see this argument to not releasing High Elves as an Allied race regardeless if it isnt focused on in future expansions directly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If High Elves are released it'd be incredibly disappointing and my faith in Blizzard would diminish to an all time low. But I'd probably still keep playing, probably whilst trying to give less of a damn about lore.
    If they added forest Trolls at the same time then they'd have butchered Blood Elf Lore beyond belief and any fucks I give about WoW lore would be gone.
    That means Blizzard probably wouldn't lose any money on you which wouldn't hurt their buiseness while promoting more Boosts and Race aswell as Faction Changes. You got an economic issue with your original argument about High Elves because it wont matter what they do, youll still probably be paying them.
    Last edited by mmocfcf20dc9e1; 2018-03-25 at 01:30 AM.

  12. #52
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    Isnt that how storylines start? At one point Murlocs were an asspull, heck every race was an asspull at some point. Gotta start somewhere.
    That's not even remotely the same. Murlocs aren't an asspull because they 1) aren't a playable race and 2) featured into Warcraft 3 quite a bit anyway.

    That goes for pretty much every other playable race, save for void elves and the lightforged.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #53
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Customer is always right even their time of play and pay. Telling people to move on, Deal with it or other wise forcing people to pay/play for something they don't like is bad game design and makes you the player who is telling these people of those 3 quotes makes you more of dick. Let People on the Alliance enjoy High elves and stop being a toxic dick. Thank you.
    No, the customer is not always right. Not by a long shot. And I say that as an alliance player who has asked/wishlisted for High Elves since before Wrath of the Lich King.

  14. #54
    We already have playable high elves though? I don't understand the discussion. My paladin has been a high elf since Burning Crusade.
    Can somebody explain to me the problem with high elves? I don't get it.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    As stated previously lots of High Elves also become Void Elves.
    Show me the canon proof of this. We killed the only guy who can make more void elves. At the end of the void elf intro quest. There are like TEN void elves, in total.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  16. #56
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're banking on that being the case. Personally I have no faith that Blizzard will develop the storyline of any of the allied races beyond those that we're going to see in the new expansion.


    Face it. They're a consolation. They're a "well high elves don't really make sense, so we're gonna give you these guys no one's ever heard of before because they're kind of the same thing." They're just like the lightforged. Slightly different races that were needed to round out the alliance side.

    It's not bloody rocket science.
    Except the VE storyline has already been developed some from what we've seen of BFA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Show me the canon proof of this. We killed the only guy who can make more void elves. At the end of the void elf intro quest. There are like TEN void elves, in total.
    There's no single guy that 'makes' void elves. Much like Alleria has been dipping into the void and learning to control it (as opposed to it controlling her), she is teaching other blood elves (and presumably, some of the high elves) to do the same.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If High Elves are released it'd be incredibly disappointing and my faith in Blizzard would diminish to an all time low. But I'd probably still keep playing, probably whilst trying to give less of a damn about lore.
    If they added forest Trolls at the same time then they'd have butchered Blood Elf Lore beyond belief and any fucks I give about WoW lore would be gone.
    Oh now I seen everything. You would be disappointed because of playable forest trolls and playable high elves. Ok now I have seen everything about you. Oh might I add that Blizzard already butchered the horde lore by accepting Zandalari trolls into the faction even through they were problem to both blood elves, darkspear trolls and goblins.

    You ever thought of that? Godbid we have fox people and snake people becoming playable that already butchered parts of the lore beyond belief but adding forest trolls and high elves is a one step farer. What's next that makes you leave? Rommath getting murdered because of his ignorance and half of blood elf population being killed by Emo Elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    That means Blizzard probably wouldn't lose any money on you which wouldn't hurt their buiseness while promoting more Boosts and Race aswell as Faction Changes. You got an economic issue with your original argument about High Elves because it wont matter what they do, youll still probably be paying them.
    Well if he leaves because of these two stupid dumb reasons. One less entitled jerk in World of Warcraft would always be better off without him. Fact that he would quit because High elves and forest trolls becoming playable has got to be one of most stupid comebacks I have ever readed on this website. Just a reminder These two races were and still are highly request a lot more than Void Elves and Zandalari trolls because of Warcraft 2. Let me quote this one. "Without Warcraft 2 there will be no World of Warcraft. Without Forest trolls and High Elves there will be no true essence of Warcraft in general."
    Last edited by Runicknight; 2018-03-25 at 01:39 AM. Reason: adding another quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If High Elves are released it'd be incredibly disappointing and my faith in Blizzard would diminish to an all time low.
    If they added forest Trolls at the same time then they'd have butchered Blood Elf Lore beyond belief and any fucks I give about WoW lore would be gone.
    Anti HEers don't go after High Elves. They go after Warcraft 2 Races as a Whole.

  18. #58
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    We already have playable high elves though? I don't understand the discussion. My paladin has been a high elf since Burning Crusade.
    Can somebody explain to me the problem with high elves? I don't get it.
    Thats because there is a dissonance with people on what Blood Elves and High Elves are. They are by some percieved different from eachother and some percieve them as the same. Hope that cleared the discussion issue up.

  19. #59
    Blood elves are high elves.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

    Face it. They're a consolation. They're a "well high elves don't really make sense, so we're gonna give you these guys no one's ever heard of before because they're kind of the same thing." They're just like the lightforged. Slightly different races that were needed to round out the alliance side.
    How is introducing race with Alleria as their leader a similar consolation price as lightforged? If you have been playing wow as long as you have been saying, getting Alleria back to the storyline should be huge for you. Are you trashing on void elfs just because you didn't get High elves? Because there is absolutely no reason to trash void elfs because of their lore. Its pretty fucking solid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •