Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

I think blizz did a fine job.

Void Elves are awesome! She even got blue eyes, and tentacles! Top that! And for some reason the Void gives you a british accent..

First came High, then Blood, and now Void. Should we really go back to High?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    You do understand there's no genetic difference right? The only difference at this point is political stance. They are quite literally the same.
    I unno i suspect fel then light likely makes a difference if not genetically then magically.

And again they can EASILY go old school high elves that were more celtic then the blood elves

You do understand there's no genetic difference right? The only difference at this point is political stance. They are quite literally the same.
    So you do admit they're not "literally the same". All blood elves are high elves, but not all high elves are blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. High elves are not blood elves. Alleria is not a blood elf. The elves of Allerian Stronghold are not blood elves. The Silver Covenant are not blood elves (and they might kill you if you accuse them of being blood elves. :P).

Again: all apples are fruits, but not fruits are apples.
    Belves and Helves are like white democrats and white republicans in their extremes, they're of the same race, but their political views are very different.

We're never getting high elves, and this is coming from someone who still wants them. And it makes sense, giving a copy of blood elves to the alliance with different colored eyes would be extremely stupid. (Really, I just want them for RP reasons, but I've come to peace with it.) Blood elves are high elves, void elves are technically high elves, and not all high elves are blood elves or void elves(Silver Covenant), but High Elves will most likely remain unplayable.

So you do admit to being obnoxious and purposefully obtuse. Congrats?
    I only admit to following logic.

Being different in name and political stance =/= racially different enough to give "HE's" to the Alliance. If it did we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?
    Funny. Because something to that effect has already happened. Ever heard of the Silver Covenant? An Alliance-aligned group of High Elves, since way back in Wrath of the Lich King. They're not currently playable, but they are a faction of High Elves loyal to the Alliance we could 'pull' the playable race from.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    Blood. elves. are. high. elves.
    Ohh you're so smart, aren't ya?

Do not care little fella, he knows that, but you know that they're not the same people right? =)

I will personally see the reveal of the High Elf allied race as the warning flag of a final expansion when they just dump everything into one expansion to get a final squeeze from the subscription revenue stream.

"Fuck it, let's see if ANOTHER elf can get a million people to come back for just oooone more month."

Blood elves are high elves. No amount of crying, begging, or pretending to be superior to other people with your head canon will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNein View Post
    I will personally see the reveal of the High Elf allied race as the warning flag of a final expansion when they just dump everything into one expansion to get a final squeeze from the subscription revenue stream.

"Fuck it, let's see if ANOTHER elf can get a million people to come back for just oooone more month."
    Won't be enough. They'll ask why Nightborne, or Moon Elves, or San'Layn or Time Elves never joined the Alliance. And MMOC will never stop, or slow, the rampant demands of the same Elves, but different enough to be the same.

because 4 elves just isnt enough....

if alliance got high elves they would have more of that elf model than the horde. Which would make belfs feel less worth a shit. you got void elves. High elves will never happen and if they did, they'd be a skin tone for void elves. Make a more unique looking elf model you want them so bad.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2018-03-25 at 06:56 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Won't be enough. They'll ask why Nightborne, or Moon Elves, or San'Layn or Time Elves never joined the Alliance. And MMOC will never stop, or slow, the rampant demands of the same Elves, but different enough to be the same.
    You can't be fucking serious, are you arguing that because you think it, it will be a true thing that everyone (not a single fucker, i litterally mean everyone/a lot of people) is going to complain about all those things? are you joking or what?

Take your cristal ball to where someone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    because 4 elves just isnt enough....

if alliance got high elves they would have more of that elf model than the horde. Which would make belfs feel less worth a shit. you got void elves. High elves will never happen and if they did, they'd be a skin tone for void elves
    That's enough reason for them to demand Blizzard to give them Silvermoon cause that's a High Elven society.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    You can't be fucking serious, are you arguing that because you think it, it will be a true thing that everyone (not a single fucker, i litterally mean everyone/a lot of people) is going to complain about all those things? are you joking or what?

Take your cristal ball to where someone cares.
    They already complained about Nightborne not being Alliance, some still do. High Elves demands tend to drown it out. Just give it time, bro.

San'layn come and go as demands, and they've been desired as an Alliance race more oft than not. So literally any Elf after this we can guesstimate pretty fucking well.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2018-03-25 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So you do admit they're not "literally the same". All blood elves are high elves, but not all high elves are blood elves.
    So a democrat is a different race than a republican?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Blood elves are high elves; high elves aren't all blood elves.

There exist high elves that are allied with the Alliance. Why blizzard chose not to make them an allied race is, presumably, because they look too similar to blood elves save for the eye color, which is a difficult-to-distinguish feature at far distances.
    No, it's because Lore Wise there aren't enough of them to constitute a "Race". 95%+ of the Thalassian Elves who survived the Scourge attack on Quel'thelas became Became Blood elves (a semantic change in name, they are still High Elves as a Race). The remaining handful that did not are either rogue agents, or the High Elves who were away from their capital when the Sunwell was destroyed, and decided to throw their lot in with their Alliance friends to avoid going insane from withdrawl. A tiny fraction of an alread decimated race is NOT enough people to even consider granting them status of a "Playable Race", especially not when the vast, VAST majority of their race already belong to the other faction.

The High elves aligned with the Alliance as of the start of TBC have always been, and will always be purely there as NPC's, and will pretty much always be viewed as rogue elements at best, or outright Race Traitors at worst.

They're not gonna add high elves for a very simple reason, there is not enough to physically distinguish a high elf from a blood elf. The difference is the eyes. Nightborne is a reskinned night elf model, but high elves would literally be blood elves with blue or gold eyes and no other discernible differences.

Also, are any other blood elf players jealous of void elves hair styles? I've always wanted my toon to have either a full beard or goatee and that's making me rather envious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    No, it's because Lore Wise there aren't enough of them to constitute a "Race". 95%+ of the Thalassian Elves who survived the Scourge attack on Quel'thelas became Became Blood elves (a semantic change in name, they are still High Elves as a Race). The remaining handful that did not are either rogue agents, or the High Elves who were away from their capital when the Sunwell was destroyed, and decided to throw their lot in with their Alliance friends to avoid going insane from withdrawl. A tiny fraction of an alread decimated race is NOT enough people to even consider granting them status of a "Playable Race", especially not when the vast, VAST majority of their race already belong to the other faction.

The High elves aligned with the Alliance as of the start of TBC have always been, and will always be purely there as NPC's, and will pretty much always be viewed as rogue elements at best, or outright Race Traitors at worst.
    ...But apparently there are more "void elves?"

As in, high elves, which according to you are of a small number, or blood elves, which in lore are also not very numerous... Who SPECIFICALLY embraced the void under Alleria's tutelage... AND mastered not being overcome by the void.

According to you, there are more of those than there are high elves?

Yeah, no. It has nothing to do with numbers at all. Simple fact of the matter is that High elves wouldn't have been "distinct" enough so they opted for the jelly-dipped version instead.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    That's enough reason for them to demand Blizzard to give them Silvermoon cause that's a High Elven society.

They already complained about Nightborne not being Alliance, some still do. High Elves demands tend to drown it out. Just give it time, bro.

San'layn come and go as demands, and they've been desired as an Alliance race more oft than not. So literally any Elf after this we can guesstimate pretty fucking well.
    I see alliance asking for Nightborne pretty normal, but about San'layn... well, it's just like asking for murlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Yea because forcing people to play something they don't like is good game design by blizzard.
    If having to make choices is too hard for you, perhaps you should stick to on-rails shooters instead of massively multiplayer role playing games. Your argument is fucking stupid. The choices exist for a reason. WoW simply wouldn't be WoW without the choices, and the need to make them.

I mean, why even have factions? Or race restrictions on classes? Or the need to chose a class spec? Lets just throw every single thing that defines the game out the window and make the entire thing a garbage smoothie where everything is available to everyone all the time. Who needs choices that matter, when I can have an Alliance Taruen Nature Mage who wears Plate and dual wields spears while his demon pet tanks everything for him.

If you want to play a high elf, roll a horde toon. It isn't that hard. Just because you feel entitled to something as an Alliance player that the Alliance hasn't had a proper claim to since TBC (or hell, the end of WC2) does not magically make your claim a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Blue eye high elves are uncorrupted elves who are part of the alliance and you can scream "blood elves are high elves" all you want. Why do you people have such a huge issue with alliance finally having the race they've had for so long finally playable?
    Because the Alliance never had them as a "race" to begin with. The "High Elf Race" never sided with the alliance. How hard is it to grasp the concept that just because a tiny, tiny handful of singular members of a race happen to have representation with the alliance does not mean that the alliance gets to make some kind of claim to Representation of that race. The Thalassian High Elves, as a race, went horde. The fact that they semantically changed their name to Blood Elves, does not change the fact that they are still the High Elven Race of the Eastern Kingdoms. The tiny handful of Thalassian High Elves who stayed with the alliance all pretty much only exist for the purpose of lore, does not constitute enough presence to allow the Alliance to claim them as a source for a playable "race".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...But apparently there are more "void elves?"

As in, high elves, which according to you are of a small number, or blood elves, which in lore are also not very numerous... Who SPECIFICALLY embraced the void under Alleria's tutelage... AND mastered not being overcome by the void.

According to you, there are more of those than there are high elves?

Yeah, no. It has nothing to do with numbers at all. Simple fact of the matter is that High elves wouldn't have been "distinct" enough so they opted for the jelly-dipped version instead.
    Please note: I also think that the entire idea of Void Elves as a playable race is a fucking stupid idea, almost entirely for the reasons you just listed. I mean, mathematically speaking, there can't be more than a few dozen of them. It's literally the most hamfisted way possible that blizzard could have chosen to cave into the whine for Alliance High Elves, and it literally makes no fucking sense. I mean, for christ sake, "Void Elf" isn't even a "Race", it's just another splinter group of the Thalassian High Elves (Blood Elves)....

Sometimes I get the feeling that if Blizzard had chosen any other terminology except "Race" to describe the Allied groups, half of these discussions would never have even happened. Like, if they had called them "Allied Forces" instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Because the Alliance never had them as a "race" to begin with. The "High Elf Race" never sided with the alliance. How hard is it to grasp the concept that just because a tiny, tiny handful of singular members of a race happen to have representation with the alliance does not mean that the alliance gets to make some kind of claim to Representation of that race. The Thalassian High Elves, as a race, went horde. The fact that they semantically changed their name to Blood Elves, does not change the fact that they are still the High Elven Race of the Eastern Kingdoms. The tiny handful of Thalassian High Elves who stayed with the alliance all pretty much only exist for the purpose of lore, does not constitute enough presence to allow the Alliance to claim them as a source for a playable "race".

- - - Updated - - -

Please note: I also think that the entire idea of Void Elves as a playable race is a fucking stupid idea, almost entirely for the reasons you just listed. I mean, mathematically speaking, there can't be more than a few dozen of them. It's literally the most hamfisted way possible that blizzard could have chosen to cave into the whine for Alliance High Elves, and it literally makes no fucking sense. I mean, for christ sake, "Void Elf" isn't even a "Race", it's just another splinter group of the Thalassian High Elves (Blood Elves)....

Sometimes I get the feeling that if Blizzard had chosen any other terminology except "Race" to describe the Allied groups, half of these discussions would never have even happened. Like, if they had called them "Allied Forces" instead.
    Well, they didn't. Again... It's so painfully obvious that Void elves are the replacement for High elves. And, again, the "number" of any given race in lore is immaterial. They could change that on the spot if they wanted. We know that the silver covenant and Kirin Tor are full of high elves.

But, like I said, high elves look too similar to blood elves. Blizzard probably also felt that high elves would be too intractably linked to the story of blood elves as well and require a bit too much "story oversight" moving forward and would require some major story points put in that they hadn't originally planned to entertain. But with this option they can just kind of make something up on the fly and drop it in.

Which is what they did.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.