Thread: On the PTR

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

On the PTR

Current PTR has several nerfs and buffs;

zenyata nerf: the space between balls on his right click is increased causing his balls to hit in sequence slower and with potential of greater spread if the targeting recticle moves to track the opponent.

Diva nerf: splash damage of each rocket reduced from 6 to 4. Rockets do impact damage and then splash. This is because Blizz felt she was doing too much burst damage.

Reaper buff: Reaper can cancel his wraith form at any point before it normally expires. You can’t instantly fire as soon as you come out. His wraith form speed was also increased from 25% to 50%. Reapers ult also reloads his hellfire shotguns.

Mei buff: Mei can freeze more than one target as her primary fire now pierced targets like Moira’s healing spray. It does not pierce barriers like Rhein’s shield.

“I’m not locked in here with you! You’re locked in here with MEI!”
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-26 at 01:13 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

its about time.. mei got that kind of buff... I'm gonna be freezin' sum biches all summer

Yeah I got really tired of starting to freeze someone and getting wiped out by the person right behind them who were also in the spray.

- - - Updated - - -

NOw if only they would fix the shitty tossed the grenade but it disappears mid air because I died.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

>Reaper buff: Reaper can cancel his wraith form at any point before it normally expires. You can’t instantly fire as soon as you come out.

This is an incredibly big buff.

Edit: AND he goes faster in Wraith form? I don't think he'll go live like this.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2018-03-25 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    >Reaper buff: Reaper can cancel his wraith form at any point before it normally expires. You can’t instantly fire as soon as you come out.

Yes his speed increased from 25% to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yes his speed increased from 25% to 50%.
    That's pretty insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I got really tired of starting to freeze someone and getting wiped out by the person right behind them who were also in the spray.

- - - Updated - - -

NOw if only they would fix the shitty tossed the grenade but it disappears mid air because I died.
    All ultimates work this way now. If you die shortly after activating it's wasted. Mei was ahead of her time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

Reaper's one of those characters they can afford to buff quite a bit without breaking the overall game balance since he fills a niche counter role. His weaknesses are so pronounced that it'd take a lot to make him OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    All ultimates work this way now. If you die shortly after activating it's wasted. Mei was ahead of her time.
    I know, but it doesn’t feel right or good. Once it is expelled from your body it should go through. Makes no sense that a pharahs missiles just disappear in midair but a dva bomb goes off if she dies or you can junkrat tire until it explodes then find out you had been dead long enough that you don’t see your grenade belt go off especially since he is suppose to be remote piloting the tire in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Reaper's one of those characters they can afford to buff quite a bit without breaking the overall game balance since he fills a niche counter role. His weaknesses are so pronounced that it'd take a lot to make him OP.
    I'm fairly convinced this will make him very close to OP at best, incredibly broken at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite sure I get the logic behind the Zen nerf, if you can really call it that, will be interesting if they say why. The D.va buff is nice, it was getting tiresome to get killed in a couple of seconds if you were careless enough to get caught face to face with her. Can't wait to try the Mei and Reaper buffs, they've always felt fun, but lackluster overall.

I know, but it doesn’t feel right or good. Once it is expelled from your body it should go through. Makes no sense that a pharahs missiles just disappear in midair but a dva bomb goes off if she dies or you can junkrat tire until it explodes then find out you had been dead long enough that you don’t see your grenade belt go off especially since he is suppose to be remote piloting the tire in real time.
    It has always really bothered me that projectiles will just vanish when you die. Definitely isn't fair since it could sometimes be a kill you are missing out on.

If Reaper proves to be too good, I'm hoping that they'll revert the movement speed change. The cancel ability is something Reaper needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Not quite sure I get the logic behind the Zen nerf, if you can really call it that, will be interesting if they say why.
    Common consensus is that the highest levels of play is the cause. Good Zen players can wreck people across the map with alternate fire. This lets them live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Common consensus is that the highest levels of play is the cause. Good Zen players can wreck people across the map with alternate fire. This lets them live.
    I can buy that logic since really good Zens can be downright evil, hopefully, the impact isn't too heavy-handed. His and the Reapers seem like the ones to watch for changes.

Reaper being able to cancel Wraith form early was highly requested and most welcomed. How many times were you using to survive but your Zarya would grav right after, leaving you with a pokerface ?
    I don't think the speed buff was necessary though. We'll see.

As for Mei changes...Satan is back. Or at least, it will make her more useful when enemy team is stacked. Might be worth increasing the time it takes to freeze people if she's hitting multiple targets as a compensation ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    well reaper is going to be op as fuck

mei change is going to make it to live and blizzard is going to nerf it because they obviously don't have any common fucking sense since they let LULHACK go live

dva rocket damage is whatever really, the problem is that she can shoot and d matrix and fire missiles all while she's boosting

forums are aflood with Y U NO NARF TRACAR BUT U NERF ZEN WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF when the volley nerf isnt even going to effect most of them

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    well reaper is going to be op as fuck

mei change is going to make it to live and blizzard is going to nerf it because they obviously don't have any common fucking sense since they let LULHACK go live

dva rocket damage is whatever really, the problem is that she can shoot and d matrix and fire missiles all while she's boosting

forums are aflood with Y U NO NARF TRACAR BUT U NERF ZEN WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF when the volley nerf isnt even going to effect most of them
    Zen sees the most play at the highest levels where they land volley hits on the regular from across the map, the balls come so fast that it doesn't matter if you are strafing, you take all the balls to the face. Now if you are strafing from far away you will likely not take the entire volley. Tracer in the least has to get close enough to punish, at Zens range only Widow can get him.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the big winner here is Mei.

The losers here are tanks, I don't see how Rein can be viable with these Reaper buffs for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zen sees the most play at the highest levels where they land volley hits on the regular from across the map, the balls come so fast that it doesn't matter if you are strafing, you take all the balls to the face. Now if you are strafing from far away you will likely not take the entire volley. Tracer in the least has to get close enough to punish, at Zens range only Widow can get him.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the big winner here is Mei.
    yep. exactly why it won't matter for them. they can't even kill genji as zenyatta, i wouldn't expect them to be able to make use of a long range right click.

But I really don't expect that Mei change to stay without a range or time needed to freeze nerf. People call Mei Satan but a Mei who can aim is Diablo. She's kind of like Reaper in that you have to respect the range they have, but getting killed by her is so cheesy.

people are getting mad at me for saying the reaper changes are too much but don't have anything to say when they start a dick measuring contest and realize i'm better than them lol. ill have to play it to be for sure but just knowing reaper is my best hero i know how strong it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    yep. exactly why it won't matter for them. they can't even kill genji as zenyatta, i wouldn't expect them to be able to make use of a long range right click.

But I really don't expect that Mei change to stay without a range or time needed to freeze nerf. People call Mei Satan but a Mei who can aim is Diablo. She's kind of like Reaper in that you have to respect the range they have, but getting killed by her is so cheesy.

people are getting mad at me for saying the reaper changes are too much but don't have anything to say when they start a dick measuring contest and realize i'm better than them lol. ill have to play it to be for sure but just knowing reaper is my best hero i know how strong it sounds.
    Well if you think they are too much I am adding the note that Reapers ult also reloads his shotguns. Now he can pop off 8 shots, wraithform, pop off 8 shots, ult, pop off 8 shots, wraith, pop off 8 shots.

I prefer to use wraith to get out of bad situations rather than reload unless I am in a situation where I need to reload and avoid dying because Reaper at close range isn’t really impeded by reloading since he is one of the only characters that does not actually reload his guns. Yes there is an animation of him grabbing more guns but he can melee during this animation and it does not restart his reload animation like everyone else. Hit reload, melee and continue to fire.

Deleted
    The Reaper and Mei buffs are to counteract the potential tank meta that's on it's way with Brigitte