Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Yes.

A remastered Diablo II is one of my biggest Blizzard wishes. Still hoping to see it come through.

I don't even need '2018' graphics, just improve them a little bit and allow for bigger resolutions, better textures, etc.

No. There was objectively nothing better about D2, other than it came out 20 years earlier. If it came out today i couldn't stand it more than five hours. People who criticise D3 for being grindy obviously never played 2. And the only replayability value was "oh, i fucked up my build have to start from scratch".

It was a great game 18 years ago, today, not so much.

No. To release a new Diablo game now, even if it were just Diablo 2 with better graphics, they'd have to compete with POE which offers basically EVERYTHING you could want in such a game - to compete with that, Diablo and the thought process needs some major work.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

I would love a "Diablo 2" remastered, much like the Starcraft one. I felt it was really well done.

Diablo II was fantastic for its time. But it is not even remotely suitable for a modern audience. There's no endgame, it's piss easy, and has heaps of ridiculous design limitations you'd never see today. Eg, being unable to mail any items between characters, being unable to redistribute skill points, loads and loads and loads of noob trap skills...

And yeah I know they addressed some of those post 1.10 but that was A DECADE after the game launched. And it still left a lot to be desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    D3 was better and it's 2018 graphics, so pass.
    *2011 Graphics, it didn't come out this year you know :P

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If it was free or at a pricepoint far reduced from a new game or expansion then sure; I'd play it. Though I'd probably only play through the game once for nostalgia. I'd pay 30ish usd for a D1/D2+LoD package built in the D3 engine, though it would probably be more cost effective to just remaster them both like they did with SC, I'd be cool with that. (Though not before we get a WC and WC2 remaster dammit!)

you got POE for that tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Diablo II was fantastic for its time.
    This is partially correct, it is a fantastic game still, just like poker, chess, vanilla-wow or football.

The really great games are able to stand up to the test of time.
    (Something that Blizzard has been way better at achieving than most other video game developers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But it is not even remotely suitable for a modern audience. There's no endgame, it's piss easy, and has heaps of ridiculous design limitations you'd never see today. Eg, being unable to mail any items between characters, being unable to redistribute skill points, loads and loads and loads of noob trap skills...

And yeah I know they addressed some of those post 1.10 but that was A DECADE after the game launched. And it still left a lot to be desired.
    And here everything is just wrong, the "ridiculous design limitations" is in many ways what made it better game than diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    This is partially correct, it is a fantastic game still, just like poker, chess, vanilla-wow or football.

The really great games are able to stand up to the test of time.
    (Something that Blizzard has been way better at achieving than most other video game developers)

And here everything is just wrong, the "ridiculous design limitations" is in many ways what made it better game than diablo 3.
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree, Diablo II has not aged well. That doesn't take anything away from how good it was in 1999.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.