Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Lol, people whine and bitch about Cubelock, which is countered by aggro.

Then people say aggro is brainless

Without realising that, without fast decks to check it, Cubelock would essentially be unbeatable.

Just think about this for a bit.
    Both are cancer. I can easily have 3 aoe in my opening hand and mongo pally decks can easily still win while ramming face ignoring the board and replenishing the field or their hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Both are cancer. I can easily have 3 aoe in my opening hand and mongo pally decks can easily still win while ramming face ignoring the board and replenishing the field or their hand.
    "Cancer" is a dumb way of saying "I get frustrated at losing".

I mean, you are literally talking about both the slowest and fastest decks in the game. The game needs ALL kinds of decks, to keep checks on each other in what is essentially rock-paper-scissors. Fast decks rush down control. Midrange decks out-tempo and out-value aggro. Control facetanks midrange until they stabilise and win through the endgame. All three are needed for a healthy meta. We're currently seeing Dude Pally and Aggro Mage everywhere because there is a lack of competitve midrange decks currently to keep them in check, because Control Lock is just a little bit TOO good at completely shutting out tempo decks.

There will always be aggro decks. There will always be control decks. And BOTH are healthy for the metagame.

Also...

If you hage three AoE in your opening hand, that means you have very little board presence of your own. There's no board for your opponent to "ignore", and since your hand size is getting fat without stuff to play on curve while you wait to use AoEs, as soon as you do they can drop a nice big DF to replenish.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-03-27 at 04:55 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

"Cancer" is a dumb way of saying "I get frustrated at losing".

I mean, you are literally talking about both the slowest and fastest decks in the game. The game needs ALL kinds of decks, to keep checks on each other in what is essentially rock-paper-scissors. Fast decks rush down control. Midrange decks out-tempo and out-value aggro. Control facetanks midrange until they stabilise and win through the endgame. All three are needed for a healthy meta. We're currently seeing Dude Pally and Aggro Mage everywhere because there is a lack of competitve midrange decks currently to keep them in check, because Control Lock is just a little bit TOO good at completely shutting out tempo decks.

There will always be aggro decks. There will always be control decks. And BOTH are healthy for the metagame.
    It has nothing to do with losing. Aggro decks should lose when someone has superior aoe. It doesn't happen with pally. They are cancer because they're both braindead and have too many tools to allow them to play like they're braindead.

When you can just ignore the field the entire game and go face, you're cancer. Sure an aggro deck should win occasionally, but it should never be a dominant deck type. They're also why 100% this game needs to change taunt and make declare blockers a thing.

Braindead decks that really don't change their strategy by the deck they're playing against are cancer: jade, any pally, secret mage, cubelock and control warlock etc. But hey keep defending a deck that demands the other deck change to suit them not a mutual adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It has nothing to do with losing. Aggro decks should lose when someone has superior aoe. It doesn't happen with pally. They are cancer because they're both braindead and have too many tools to allow them to play like they're braindead.

When you can just ignore the field the entire game and go face, you're cancer. Sure an aggro deck should win occasionally, but it should never be a dominant deck type. They're also why 100% this game needs to change taunt and make declare blockers a thing.

Braindead decks that really don't change their strategy by the deck they're playing against are cancer: jade, any pally, secret mage, cubelock and control warlock etc. But hey keep defending a deck that demands the other deck change to suit them not a mutual adjustment.
    There is more to anti-aggro than just having superior aoe. Heals and Taunts are also very important, not saying you need all three, but just having the aoe part shouldn't mean you will win. If they feel like they are braindead decks that's because you are making them play that way by giving them easy plays. And no aggro decks shouldn't win "occasionally" they need to be viable.

The cost to play the game is retarded high, combined with the ungodly amount of RNG is the main reason I haven't played more than 2 hours of Hearthstone in 2 years. Until people en masse refuse to pay $300 a year to stay relevant, I'm out.

Deleted
    My situation in Europe:

Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage,
    Paladin, Paladin, Paladin
    Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage, Aggro Mage,

What in the actual F is this?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-03-27 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    That Priest deck that keeps summoning legendaries and those life-drain taunts non-stop starting turn 5...

Have to be the fucking cubelock cards man. I mean 1 mana 8 heal card and that stupid voidlord which can be accessed so early in the game. Seriously wtf?

Deleted
    Hearthstone isn't a game with the Aggro/Midrange/Control well defined meta. Its a game focused on tempo and drawing the right cards at the right time.

Many of the broken class cards break the game's rules and that puts a class greatly ahead, often because that class used to be dead in the previous meta or because Blizzard can't balance. For example "Call to Arms" is broken because its a draw 3 for 4 mana(should be 5) and play 3 for 0(should be 6). The reason Blizzard prints broken cards is simple: to shake up the meta and to make money.

Back during TGT era, Blizzard scaled back on the power creep. What happened was that none was using the new cards(because they were greatly underpowered compared to the existing ones), so the amount of players buying packs was lower and lower. Since then every expansion had cards that were obviously way to powerful from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That Priest deck that keeps summoning legendaries and those life-drain taunts non-stop starting turn 5...
    Thats Highlander Priest.
    Also Turn 5 is tame, i had many games when they start coining out Barns on Turn 3 and then rezzing his LK or OS the next 2 Turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Highlander priest uses Raza and Anduin. Big priest is what uses Barnes with all the high cost minions
    Raza, DK and Kaza are known as the Razakus Priest or Shotgun Priest.
    Its called Highlander Priest because of the Movie Highlander and Highlander are immortal and so are the big Minions that the Priest throw at your face, they just come back and back and back like they are immortal. But its also known as Big Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't know the logic behind it but every highlander priest deck contains raza and anduin. That's just fact and you're wrong.
    Ok i just googeled, it called really Highlander Priest but why ?
    Calling the Big Rezz Priest a Highlander Priest makes sumuch more sense.
    And since i just watch Kribb and Kibbler playing HS i never heared Highlander Priest, Kibbler just call it the Razakus Priest.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2018-04-01 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    The idea of the Highlander priest was that there can only be 1(as there can only be 1 copy of the cards). The Big priest has multiple copies of cards that rez as well as multiple board clears. It is not a Highlander deck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Ok i just googeled, it called really Highlander Priest but why ?
    Calling the Big Rezz Priest a Highlander Priest makes sumuch more sense.
    And since i just watch Kribb and Kibbler playing HS i never heared Highlander Priest, Kibbler just call it the Razakus Priest.
    Highlander = "There can be only one!"

Hence, Razakus, and other Reno flavours in Wild, which have one copy of each card
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

1. quest mage
    2. dude/murlocdin
    3. cubelock

whenever i see a quest mage i wish i could just DE their whole collection and make them quit, cant wait for fucking ice block to go out of standard
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-04-01 at 09:12 PM.

Turns are about twice as long as they should be to make the game more interesting.

Ed: Read title not first post. Decks don't bother me its the sitting around for ages waiting for them to make the 'mostly' kinda predicatble moves. Fucking yawn.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2018-04-01 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Aggro Secret Mage (brain dead)
    This so much.. aggro mage is cancer. Thankfully it will die soon.

It's not even that I lose against them that much. I hate aggro decks in general and this is just the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    TempoStorm meta ratings are opinion, which makes them a joke. I use actual statistics from Data Reaper.
    Your opinion is a joke. That you are saying this means you didn't even properly look at the data or that you don't understand what you are looking at.
    The only non-"tier-1" decks atm are both aggro paladins (dude and murloc). ALL the other decks are "tier 2" and lower. This is why a tier rating says practically nothing at all.

53,13% average winrate, with the insane amount of games logged for that deck, is just borderline insane. With such numbers this practically means that the good players are sitting roughly at 60% winrate with this deck (with the bad players at 43%), which is absolutely unprecedented for a control deck in Hearthstone. Such numbers have only been seen before in the starting days of jade druid.
    The numbers are even held back largely by secret mage, which is it's worst matchup; A deck that will get severely crippled in the rotation.

https://hsreplay.net/meta/

The problem with cubelock as it is is that it negates the strongest hero power in the game (by the sheer insane amount of selfhealing in the deck, rivaling or even passing that of the oldschool reno decks), provides insane tempo AND combo's into insane damage swing turns. It's practically a heavy control deck and a combo deck in one, which can also put an ungodly amount of pressure on the board. If all else fails you fall back to repeating the same thing twice over (gul'dan / n'zoth) or just destroy your opponent's deck while hiding behind a wall of taunts.

People saying "this deck is fine" are not right in their mind, in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2018-04-04 at 02:58 PM.

The designers. Ben Brode.

The farting pass turn sounds.