Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    IMO Hendrik is best Axe + Board. And that shield is pretty much his best in slot for a good chunk of the game from there on out.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah just found out his gsword talents are pretty limited while his axe/shield skills are great for debuffing and his whirlwind is super strong
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick as a flash, a human life just ups and disappears...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAspI8b8bEM

Michelle and Marina's lines rhyme. Very nice touch in a day when most games have bad or no story / spoken dialogue.
    Last edited by Bugg; 2019-05-19 at 01:31 PM.

I remember buying DQ 5 for the SFAM a month or so after it released in Japan. Paid 150 ish for it. Took about 2 years to beat *there was pretty much no info on it, this was in 1992 while i was in high school*. When DQ 6 came out, i got mine the same week as Japanese players did, spent around 160.
    Fun times

Now they have an AR game coming out. DQ walk. Looks fun.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Well thank the gods. Decent single player rpgs have been in short supply for years. Never been disappointed by a Dragon Quest(I even liked builders : |). I didnt even know about this until now.
    Last edited by Varanus; 2019-06-05 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    Well thank the gods. Decent single player rpgs have been in short supply for years.
    Grab Persona 5. It's fantastic.

I haven't played any Dragon Quest except VIII which was also a great game. I'll have to look up this one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Question, I don't really think I ever finished a Dragon Quest game, i played a little bit, but never really got into it.

The stories are somewhat linked? Can I just pick up the last one released? What's the deal here?
    None of them are linked at all, story-wise. You can start anywhere.

[QUOTE=Myobi;51271733]Question, I don't really think I ever finished a Dragon Quest game, i played a little bit, but never really got into it.

Dragon quest was meant to be Dragon warrior in the states originally. However..dragon warrior stopped and dragon quest continued as an ongoing game series.

I beat up to 6. Never bothered playing 7 and beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    None of them are linked at all, story-wise. You can start anywhere.
    Yea..unlike FF series, you have completely different characters in the series.

I do like how Phantasy star series was linked in some way. *excluding the mmos of course*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Great game, 50 hours of enjoyment and crafting is better than wow
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Question, I don't really think I ever finished a Dragon Quest game, i played a little bit, but never really got into it.

The stories are somewhat linked? Can I just pick up the last one released? What's the deal here?
    There are some links between a few of the games. It's very convoluted in how they are linked. I believe that Dragon Quest 11 is linked to the original trilogy of games, or at least the hero from 11 is a descendant of the original hero, or the ancestor. DQ3 is a prequel to DQ1 (you meet the father of the DQ1 hero during a later part of the game), and DQ2 is a direct sequel to DQ1. DQ2's characters are the direct descendants of the hero from DQ1. After that, 4 through 9 are all independent and use different characters. But I believe they are all linked in some way, they are at least part of the same cosmere or larger world.