Overwatch Patch Notes - March 29, Skipping End of Match, Seasonal Event, Fan Art

Overwatch Patch Notes - March 29
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    General
    • Turrets no longer target barriers directly, but will still target enemies behind them

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a bug that caused visual effects to be absorbed into surfaces

Heroes
    • Fixed a bug that caused turrets to target Brigitte’s Barrier Shield while facing them when the shield wasn’t deployed
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to reach unintended locations

Skipping End of Match to Save Time
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Fun fact: you don’t actually get into a match faster when skipping the end of round flow (victory poses, POTG, cards, stats etc.). You don’t get entered into the matchmaking queue until your previous match resolves completely. Most people leave at “Victory/Defeat” because they think they are “speeding up” getting into the next match.

Overwatch Twitter Hints at Next Seasonal Event
    Reddit user DocterrificDoc posted an analysis on PlayOverwatch's latest tweet revealing a video likely to be hinting at this year's Overwatch Uprising Event.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Initiating archive declassification…
    Mission files unlock: April 11

RETWEET to confirm.

Fan Art - French Revolution Widowmaker
    LuleMT created a nice French Revolution Widowmaker skin!

Two weeks before the event ! Woohoo ! Also props toLuleMT for this skin. Lacroix is beautiful in this outfit. :3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I dont care if I get into the next match faster, I'm going to get out, hit the button and go back to surfing the web or continuing what ever I was watching while waiting for queue to pop.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havn't been around here for ages. But you guys were always fast on wow stuff. Guess I might come back as a frequent visitor

Will there be a Blue Tracker for the Overwatch forums?

Deleted
    I was banned from their forum becuase I had a different opinion with this post:

Skipping End of Match

Fun fact: you don’t actually get into a match faster when skipping the end of round flow (victory poses, POTG, cards, stats etc.). You don’t get entered into the matchmaking queue until your previous match resolves completely. Most people leave at “Victory/Defeat” because they think they are “speeding up” getting into the next match.
    Well warning us about this after almost two years is just evil! But I guess from now on I have to alt+f4 and restart at the end of the matches. It seems the old WoW devs try to push their agenda about wasting others time.

I don't understand why you are forced to watch a smurf destroying your useless team. It is the devs of the match maker fault.

Almost all of my friends play this game with "all chat/voice chat off" (when you hit P).

I'm so happy you guys do overwatch news now

second fav event after the Halloween one, looking forward to it.

Deleted
    love that you are doing overwatch news agian.
    I just hope the Teaser on April 11, turns out to be more Like, Well any other Teaser then sombra that took like 7 Months.

Quote Originally Posted by nakigara View Post
    Will there be a Blue Tracker for the Overwatch forums?
    If we see a significant demand and traffic to the Overwatch section it is something we'll look at for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post

Skipping End of Match

Well warning us about this after almost two years is just evil! But I guess from now on I have to alt+f4 and restart at the end of the matches. It seems the old WoW devs try to push their agenda about wasting others time.

I don't understand why you are forced to watch a smurf destroying your useless team. It is the devs of the match maker fault.

Almost all of my friends play this game with "all chat/voice chat off" (when you hit P).
    lolwut?

If you don't want to see the pointless fluff that follows a match then you can still leave it and sit on the menu screen, seeing as that extra portion takes all of 40 seconds. I severely doubt that shutting down Overwatch and then reloading it and having it reconnect to the server would save you any time whatsoever.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What I'm curious about is do you get XP if you leave the match before XP is given out. I'm inclined to think you do as if you level up your box will be granted even if you leave the match. Also, the quote from dev seems to imply you do but I've never been 100% certain one way or the other.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I skip the POTG and vote cards, if I am in a group and the others wanna "speed it up" or at least that's what we thought we did. When I queue solo, I always watch it. POTG is one of the very best things in Overwatch getting it, even if it's a fairly bad play that wins, is always fun, I don't wanna skip that (even if I don't win).

The vote cards can be fun BUT they should have more importance and possibly give some kind of extra rewards, like Experience or Credits, it would encourage people more and actually make the cards and votes matter.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post

Skipping End of Match

Way to exaggerate the meaning of evil to the point that it means nothing. If this is evil then there is some serious sheltering going on. Blizzard didn’t know you didn’t know, now they are clarifying. It wasn’t some secret agenda to force you to not drink from a whites only drinking fountain or to wipe your people from the planet after putting you in a concentration camp.

I don’t care if it speeds up games or not. I don’t want to watch strangers play of the game anymore and I would rather spend my time in the next queue while browsing the internet, watching OWL or some streaming movie I paused during my game.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Faster or not, I leave when the match ends to skip all the post match chat garbage. "gg" No it wasn't, the match was a steamroll.