Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Realm First! / Hall of Fame

With regards to faction imbalance and realm population with Hall of Fame* guild achievements coming in Battle For Azeroth, does anybody really seek them out?

If Blizzard re-implemented personal Realm Firsts! or Hall of Fame achievements, do you believe this would help keep smaller realms alive? Or do the negatives of "my class was bad for the end-boss of the tier" etc outweigh the gloating ability of these achievements?

*Hall of Fame: G'huun (Alliance) (New) Among the first one hundred Alliance guilds worldwide to defeat G'huun on Mythic difficulty.
    *Hall of Fame: G'huun (Horde) (New) Among the first one hundred Horde guilds worldwide to defeat G'huun on Mythic difficulty.

Deleted
    Doubt it will have any impact on realms since they are not realm based but worldwide. Even if they were to be realm based like the old personal realm first achievements I doubt many guilds would actually transfer over to dead servers just to have better shot at them since this will mean a lot less good applicants and may have the effect of killing the guild.

They're better suited as guild achievements for sure and a hall of fame should've been done ages ago. Faction balance for world 200 right now seems to be 75% horde - 25% alliance, which again I doubt guilds will faction change for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Doubt it will have any impact on realms since they are not realm based but worldwide. Even if they were to be realm based like the old personal realm first achievements I doubt many guilds would actually transfer over to dead servers just to have better shot at them since this will mean a lot less good applicants and may have the effect of killing the guild.

They're better suited as guild achievements for sure and a hall of fame should've been done ages ago. Faction balance for world 200 right now seems to be 75% horde - 25% alliance, which again I doubt guilds will faction change for this.
    Wouldn't it be a neat idea if the HoF achievement granted all members of the achieving guild a tier-temporary title?

Eg.

Hall of Fame: Argus (Alliance): Awards "<name>, For the Alliance" (or something more imaginative)

When 8.0 releases (and cutting edge is invalid) all players lose the title.

Sure most people don't care about the title/achievement, but maybe it is that ever so slight incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Wouldn't it be a neat idea if the HoF achievement granted all members of the achieving guild a tier-temporary title?

Eg.

Hall of Fame: Argus (Alliance): Awards "<name>, For the Alliance" (or something more imaginative)

Sure most people don't care about the title/achievement, but maybe it is that ever so slight incentive.
    No one would care for titles thats for a tier, and no one is going to pay over 500€ to move just the core raid team to dead as fck realm, without thinking of paying for their alts too. At the same time, good luck getting applicants, if you're on big realms like Kazzak/TarrenMill Horde, you'll never transfer off them for any reason.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post

Eg.

then people would sell it, inviting them to guild just before their kill...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I've always wanted something like 3 big tablets-things at the end of the instance with listed all members of world/region first, server first and then your guild/personal first.

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved the real first titles.
    Deaths Demise is the best one, sadly I didn't get that. ( realm 1st Yogg)

I did get the achievement for realm 1st Heroic Lich King, (no title)

I did get Realm 1st Heroic Nefarian..( No title or achieve) I still raided hardcore for a few years, but that was a huge demotivator after awhile.
    Great I'd have BIS, Best on Server gear for a bit, only to see it be redone next teir, mounts could be refarmed next xpack...

For me the removal of Titles and even achieves sucks. I'd be tempted to get back into hardcore again for another "Deaths Demise"

Deleted
    Hall of Fame: G'huun (Alliance) Among the first one hundred Alliance guilds worldwide to defeat G'huun on Mythic difficulty.Title Reward: Famed Slayer of G'huun.
    Hall of Fame: G'huun (Horde) Among the first one hundred Horde guilds worldwide to defeat G'huun on Mythic difficulty.Title Reward: Famed Slayer of G'huun.

Whoop!

Think this is a way for them to incentivize raiding on the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Think this is a way for them to incentivize raiding on the Alliance.
    A way to incentivize race changes & character transfers too

Cool idea. I wonder if the title is given to every player within the guild or just those in for the first kill.

Based on WoWProgress, the 100th Alliance guild to kill M Argus (as W368th) killed it on March 5, a full month after the W100th (Jan 29). Will guilds mass transfer to get the title in BFA? Probably. Will this help the imbalance between raiding cultures on each faction? Probably not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    A way to incentivize race changes & character transfers too
    So what you're saying is it's both a good thing for the playerbase, and a worthwhile thing for Blizz. Seems like a win-win thing to me.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

A lousy feat of strength/title won't make any guild switch to Alliance, that's just deluded thinking. There are low pop realms where Realm First Mythic Gul'dan feat of strength is still up for grabs but do you see any top guild rushing to transfer over there to grab them? No.

When it comes to the mythic raiding scene, recruitment pool trumps everything else.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    A lousy feat of strength/title won't make any guild switch to Alliance, that's just deluded thinking. There are low pop realms where Realm First Mythic Gul'dan feat of strength is still up for grabs but do you see any top guild rushing to transfer over there to grab them? No.

When it comes to the mythic raiding scene, recruitment pool trumps everything else.
    If Realm First! was a personal achievement + awarded personal title, you absolutely would.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't there still restrictions in place when it comes to transfers and race changes or was it just transfers?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    You also can't get a realm first within 3 months of transferring or something like that IIRC.

I doubt these achievements are going to change much of anything. As someone else already mentioned, mythic raiding is all about the pool of players you can choose from, so high population servers are king for mythic raiding (if you're on med/low pop, it's insanely difficult to keep a stable mythic raiding guild alive). I've got a bunch of realm first achieves for raids, character class, level, and professions, but I can safely say now that I don't have it in me anymore to push super hard for those things, especially when it comes to mythic raiding and achievement hunting. Back in my heyday I was generally top 30-50 Alliance for heroic/mythic raiding kills, but beyond the first time guild achievement system came out came out, no one really cared about guild achievements. Maybe it's the old person coming out in me, but it has become too much of a hassle over the years for the reward. I'd rather see cross-realm mythic raiding available earlier or immediately rather than guild achievements, especially since server-specific achievements are pretty much gone now.

Someone mentioned like a slab or obelisk by the instance with the names of people who cleared the content first... it kind of was already done in WotLK. Remember the statue in the middle of Daralan that only appeared when someone killed the Lich King (think it was on heroic)? Didn't have peoples names on it, but everyone on our server at the time knew that our guild was the one that unlocked the statue. Unfortunately, things like server identity of that nature don't exist anymore.

I don't think this will cause a surge of guilds swapping factions, but it might cause a surge of individuals willing to transfer. Causing the upper alliance to get an increase in applicants is one of the goals I would think? Otherwise in a few more years there might not be much left in the upper alliance raiding force.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I loved the real first titles.
    Deaths Demise is the best one, sadly I didn't get that. ( realm 1st Yogg)

I did get the achievement for realm 1st Heroic Lich King, (no title)

I did get Realm 1st Heroic Nefarian..( No title or achieve) I still raided hardcore for a few years, but that was a huge demotivator after awhile.
    Great I'd have BIS, Best on Server gear for a bit, only to see it be redone next teir, mounts could be refarmed next xpack...

For me the removal of Titles and even achieves sucks. I'd be tempted to get back into hardcore again for another "Deaths Demise"
    Yeah, I wish the titles for killing end bosses as RF would be exclusive. Even removing the ability to get the titles after the tier is over would be a good incentive. Right now its just Cutting Edge and some mounts.

Again, like you I haven't played properly in a while, but I would be tempted with such rewards.