1. #1

    Overwatch Retribution Trailer, Overwatch Digital Comic - Retribution

    Overwatch Retribution Trailer
    The trailer for the Overwatch Archives - Overwatch Retribution Event has been revealed. This event goes along with the comic released earlier and takes place on the new event map Rialto in Venice, Italy. New information on the event was also released during tonight's Overwatch League Twitch stream.

    • The event runs from April 10-30
    • Rialto is a the new PvE event map. It is based in Venice, Italy.
    • Rialto, much like uprising, will pit a team of four playing as Moira, Reaper, Genji and McCree against AI units.
    • Rialto will also feature an All Heroes mode like Uprising.
    • Rialto will eventually make its way into the main game as a PvP payload map. It should be on the PTR soon.
    • The Uprising Brawl from last year will return with an All Heroes mode as well.
    • New skins include Moira's skin from the trailer and a Reaper skin from his time in the soldier program.



    Overwatch Digital Comic - Retribution
    The newest Overwatch comic has been released. This comic details preparations for the Blackwatch mission against Talon in which McCree, Reaper, Moira and Genji head to Venice, Italy.


  2. #2
    Blizzard always bringing the top notch on the table. Looking forward to play it !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  3. #3
    This looks really enjoyable! It's long overdue witsome lore regarding Blackwatch and specifically Reaper/McCree. The new map looks fairly cool aswell; has a bit of a Dorado vibe which is one of my favourite maps.

  4. #4
    give soldier 24 skin even if i don't know what it looks like
    and moira ofc

    @1:10 I can't understand what genji says
    sth with rescue... can somebody help me out?
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Blizzard always bringing the top notch on the table. Looking forward to play it !
    Really? I mean, they aren't awful, but top notch? Going a little too far there, bud. Especially on a game that has no single-player content at all.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Really? I mean, they aren't awful, but top notch? Going a little too far there, bud. Especially on a game that has no single-player content at all.
    Hardcore uprising was/is better than any D2 strike, for example.
    I think, if they'd make a single/coop PvE section for the game - it would be on par if not better than most of FPSMMOS out there.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    @1:10 I can't understand what genji says
    sth with rescue... can somebody help me out?
    "Still no sign of rescue"

  8. #8
    The Insane Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    D.C. Area
    Posts
    17,679
    sigh, really wish they would just make a PVE mode already that isn't tied to seasonal events. hopefully that comes someday..

  9. #9
    where can I view the new event skins, especially the new Reaper skin ?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    where can I view the new event skins, especially the new Reaper skin ?
    not out yet

    Quote Originally Posted by nakigara View Post
    "Still no sign of rescue"
    thank you
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

  11. #11
    I find single player content to be boring, ai always pales in comparison to having to fight against other humans. Humans are unpredictable, do you really like fighting in games where the enemy always steps into the same hall, always fires and misses twice before hitting, chucks a grenade and then hides behind an explosive cannister? You can keep the single player content, I don't want it in Overwatch.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    sigh, really wish they would just make a PVE mode already that isn't tied to seasonal events. hopefully that comes someday..
    I'm kind of hoping that the change of the event name to "Archives" might mean we'll someday see a full on Archives mode to added to the game, where we can replay stuff like Uprising or Retribution outside of their respective events. It just seems really weird to spend time and money on stuff like voice acting and unique enemy models for a game mode that can only be played a few days out of the year....

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I find single player content to be boring, ai always pales in comparison to having to fight against other humans. Humans are unpredictable, do you really like fighting in games where the enemy always steps into the same hall, always fires and misses twice before hitting, chucks a grenade and then hides behind an explosive cannister? You can keep the single player content, I don't want it in Overwatch.
    I was going to write a big ol' paragraph about why I personally enjoy PVE to PVP, but then I realized that, based on previous encounters with you "PVP or bust" types, that there's probably absolutely nothing I could say that would make you understand the appeal of PVE over PVP, anymore than there's anything that you could say that would make me feel the same way about PVP as you do. I can understand the appeal of PVP, at least, but I have simply never gotten the same amount of enjoyment from it that PVPers seem to.

    All that aside, it's not like you'd be forced to partake in single player content if they added it to Overwatch, so where exactly is the harm in it's addition? If anything, it would add to the playerbase of the game, since those who like the characters and background lore of Overwatch, but are turned off by the PVP aspect, would finally have a reason to buy/play the game. In fact, again, I've always wondered why it has taken Blizzard so long to actually add a more permanent form of PVE in the game, considering the seeming immense popularity of their PVE-themed events and the number of times I've seen people wishing the game had some form of single player mode.
    "Perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten- things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that the change of the event name to "Archives" might mean we'll someday see a full on Archives mode to added to the game, where we can replay stuff like Uprising or Retribution outside of their respective events. It just seems really weird to spend time and money on stuff like voice acting and unique enemy models for a game mode that can only be played a few days out of the year....



    I was going to write a big ol' paragraph about why I personally enjoy PVE to PVP, but then I realized that, based on previous encounters with you "PVP or bust" types, that there's probably absolutely nothing I could say that would make you understand the appeal of PVE over PVP, anymore than there's anything that you could say that would make me feel the same way about PVP as you do. I can understand the appeal of PVP, at least, but I have simply never gotten the same amount of enjoyment from it that PVPers seem to.

    All that aside, it's not like you'd be forced to partake in single player content if they added it to Overwatch, so where exactly is the harm in it's addition? If anything, it would add to the playerbase of the game, since those who like the characters and background lore of Overwatch, but are turned off by the PVP aspect, would finally have a reason to buy/play the game. In fact, again, I've always wondered why it has taken Blizzard so long to actually add a more permanent form of PVE in the game, considering the seeming immense popularity of their PVE-themed events and the number of times I've seen people wishing the game had some form of single player mode.
    The harm is the time spent and the resources used to create it instead of doing other better things for this game.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The harm is the time spent and the resources used to create it instead of doing other better things for this game.
    If people want it and pay for the game, there is no harm at all. People like yourself have this twisted idea that if the content isn't tailored to your liking that resources are somehow wasted.

    Grow up kiddo.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The harm is the time spent and the resources used to create it instead of doing other better things for this game.
    The upcoming map for the Retribution event is also going to be made into an official PVP map at a later date. It seems it is entirely possible for Blizzard to work on both PVE and PVP content at the same time.
    "Perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten- things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •